• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pregnant, oxys... Please please help

you should have went thru withdrawal as soon as u found out u were pregnant..
now your baby will have to go thru withdrawals after birth. so u would prefer to let your baby suffer that pain? or are u planning to have the baby on methadone for its whole life?
i dont understand how people like u can breed.
in your whole post, i see 99% concern for yourself... and very little concern for your kid. at this point your pretty much fucked, as is your kid.
one thing you should feel as a parent is that you should be willing to take any kind of pain for your kid..
sorry if u think this is harsh, but raising a kid is not easy, and especially not as an addict.. so good luck..

Have you got kids mate?

I don't know one way or the other but I would believe multiple doctors opinions over internet chatter. Me being a layman would think it would be an issue but wouldn't see why your doctor would open her/himself open for a lawsuit by denying you tapering or maintenance meds.

^^^
You may be right.

OP, again, I am not a doctor but I would stretch your remaining tablets as far as you can and get home as soon as you can. You want to be in the same town as your OB ASAP.

I don't know one way or the other but I would believe multiple doctors opinions over internet chatter. Me being a layman would think it would be an issue but wouldn't see why your doctor would open her/himself open for a lawsuit by denying you tapering or maintenance meds.

Doctors who say there is no risk to the baby are objectively wrong. This happens more than people would like to think, especially relating to drug abuse, a lot of people in the medical field are poorly informed. As we all know they are correct that not just any doctor can prescribe methadone (or suboxone) for maintenance purposes. You will have to go to a methadone clinic or find a suboxone doctor, which is a legitimate or perhaps even better alternative. Withdrawal poses a much greater risk to the baby than methadone or suboxone. One or the other should be available to the OP (suboxone dot com lists suboxone prescribers of which there are many, albeit many of them not being cheap...) and there are methadone clinics in many places.

Last edited:
To reiterate, get on maintenance ASAP. It should be possible.

To reiterate, get on maintenance ASAP. It should be possible.
I agree and would like to add I would think they would get you on subs or meth rather quickly given your circumstance!

I have made a million phone calls so far & having no luck at all. No one wants to help me & no one seems to care. I'm heading off in about 2 hours so won't have phone service very much. But I'll keep trying...

I have made a million phone calls so far & having no luck at all. No one wants to help me & no one seems to care. I'm heading off in about 2 hours so won't have phone service very much. But I'll keep trying...
Hey for what it's worth I care,I'm sure that isn't to comforting to you now!

This is a very unfortunate situation. There must be a methadone program somewhere around you even if you must drive a couple hours to get there.
I'm not sure how they treat pregnant woman in a methadone clinic but I would try to look one up and see what they say.
I really hope everything works out for you and your baby.
Would Kratom work if you ordered some online and shipped it overnight? I've never taken Kratom so maybe someone else can advise on that.

She should not take suboxone. The Naloxone in it greatly effects the female
reproductive tract. It has to be subutex if she goes the bupe route

^ this study says that bupe is a safe and effective methadone alternative in pregnancy and possibly easier for OP to acquire. this study looks favorable on suboxone but naltrexone OTOH is questionable in pregnancy, naloxone has issues as well but amount crossing over to the baby is likely to be little. subutex would be preferable; like anything it is a cost-benefit analysis although a particularly unfortunate one in this scenario. My recommendation would still be methadone TBh.

standard disclaimer not medical advice etc.

OP make phone calls. All day long if you have to. Call doctors, hospitals, your health insurance/service/network. Complain, complain, complain. In most other cases, I would say that you are screwed, but yes, withdrawal is potentially harmful to the unborn fetus. Just remember that in most instances, insurance is there to do everything in their power to not help you, so you will need to give them tons of shit to get them to see things your way.

If nothing materializes by the time you start experiencing more severe symptoms like vomiting, you should inform your doctors that you are going to the emergency department. They should at least give you something to mitigate withdrawal, even if they don't treat your pain.

I love how a pregnant woman who can't split a pill in half to prevent sickness can get prescribed all these opiates and I can't even score a fuckin perc 5 or even a vyvanse script.

Call a methadone clinic in your area. Immediately. First priority of admittance is given to pregnant women and HIV+ individuals. That is posted very clearly in the clinic I go to.

Generally it is NOT recommended to go into withdrawal while pregnant. It can induce a miscarriage. I have known several women who were immediately put on methadone who pregnant and opiate dependent--including one who was in the county jail.

While pregnant, the fetus "takes" an increased amount of the opiate as s/he grows. Most women on methadone maintenance have to increase some while pregnant for this reason. So even at your "normal" dose it is not surprising you were using more than prescribed.

Some regular OBGYNs just don't have the experience and knowledge of treating opiate dependent pregnant women. That's why I strongly recommend contacting a methadone clinic, as the doctor in charge will have dealt with your situation many times.

Hope it all works out for you and the baby. This should be an exciting time--not such a stressful one. If you can't find a methadone clinic in your area use google and search for methadone directory by state. Or tell me what state you are in and I'll post a link for you

Actually, going into withdrawal can cause miscarriage during the first trimester... get educated before you judge someone. '

In Oz they prescribe subutex as opposed to suboxone for ladies who are pregnant.

I must say, as much as I hate the bastards (not all, just the ones I've dealt with mostly), if it were me I would have to listen to my Dr's, and if they had differing positions I would make them talk to one another and see what the outcome is or maybe see a few Dr's and take an average of their opinions. Take care OP.

Please OP keep us updated on how you are doing! I don't usually type shit just to type it I meant what I said I do care and would like to hear you and the little one are doing ok!

yes please keep me updated and if I can provide you with any more personal advice feel free to contact me I've done the bupe thing although obviously not pregnant and know my way around the maintenance systems pretty well

best wishes & prayers for you & baby