• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I'm on 300 x 3 times a day. Is this the ceiling effect, what I mean have doctors been known to go higher kinda like gabapentin. I was on 800 4 x a day. But I think 900 is the most they'll go.

Gabapentin has to be dosed higher to achieve the similar effect. As far as I know pregabalin highest recommended dosage is 600mg daily. With 900mg you have maxed out... You can take more but I don't think your doctor will prescribe it so I wouldn't recommend. I don't know are there special cases in which doctor is legaly allowed to prescribe 1200mg but normally pregabalin is prescribed up to 600mg daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @sonicwhite :)

Yea, 900mg Pregabalin (Lyrica) is the most anyone is going to prescribe for. My understanding was that 600mg Pregabalin was the maximum daily dosage and that 900mg was for complex cases like epilepsy, in which there is a demonstrated need for the higher dosage. I find 600mg to be the most I can take on a regular basis without tolerance mitigating the desired effects.

The best thing to do would be to take a tolerance break from Gabapentinoids, I've used Gabapentinoids chronically without issues, but that's only if I take regular breaks and don't ever let myself take more than my set dosage. It doesn't necessarily need to be a day of complete abstinence. You could take a half dose and see what that feels like. Gabapentinoids are very tricky. You have to be diligent about tolerance breaks and over-usage. With Gabapentinoids especially, simply taking more when expected feelings start to wane is a mistake. This often leads to nothing more than an inflated tolerance.

Two days without Gabapentinoids will work wonders. I was just discussing something similar. Having 1-2 day off per week can work wonders

I'm on 300 x 3 times a day. Is this the ceiling effect, what I mean have doctors been known to go higher kinda like gabapentin. I was on 800 4 x a day. But I think 900 is the most they'll go.
What kind of effect are you trying to get?

As far as the most recent science, except with a possible tiny effect on a small section of the brain for the gaba b Receptor, pregabalin and gabapentin do not actually directly affect the GABA receptors.

They affect the alpha-2-sigma receptor, voltage gated sodium channels, and voltage gated calcium channels, which seems to result in upregulation of the production of GABA in the brain through possibly some effect on GABA Transaminase and other Gaba related enzymes.

One of the side effects of gabapentinoids is that they somehow act as serotonin reuptake inhibitors which can cause serotonin syndrome that otherwise would never have occurred. Gabapentin and tramadol have been shown to result in serotonin syndrome when taken together. Or when taken along with antidepressants.

The only consistent effect that I've seen from gabapentin is that above 1200 mg a day, while you still have a libido, your dick is basically numb and it becomes increasingly difficult to achieve orgasm the higher the dosage goes.

This is just an observation based on the dosage my doctor prescribed for seizure prevention.