• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin

^^^ yeah it's been mentioned and I appreciate that.

I have kava but only in 500mg capsules. No source yet for amirita

I hope you are doing well Endopharm. You at least sound ok. I believe the pregabalin will help, others with more experience will chime in.

What I wanted to say to you and to @Ballz_Trippington and a few others is if I ever win a lottery I am hiring the best lawyers there are to drag some of these "new docs" who don't feel they want you on benzos into court for recklessness and just bad medicine. The message being stop changing meds so fasts and anyone on benzos would need a long slow taper. Plain and simple. What is there to not understand? Long and slow taper. But if a person has been taking the medicine for years why not just keep them on? This nonsense that it is 2022 and some of these 'new docs" don't know about benzo withdrawal makes me want to drag them into court and explain what they know about medicine. And hopefully it breaks some of their banks for having to pay for a lawyer. Hell, a class action lawsuit.

It just really irritates me how ignorant some doctors are. I would like them to have to spend money and learn more about the medicine they are purported to be practicing. The whole notion that a person has to worry a new doctor and their meds is bullshit. Pisses me off to no end.

Sorry for ranting in your thread Endo. I do believe the pregabalin will help. I have no tolerance to any gabapentinoid so I would feel even 50-100 mgs of pregabalin and it would last all day. But then I understand the next day is a dud. It needs a few days in between. Like 3 days. So why the hell are doctors yanking people off meds onto other meds that may or may not help.
I agree 100% but in defense of the doctors which I don't like to do... is I think doctors basically are getting pressure to just stop tye trend of prescribing benzos and opiates period even if people genuinely need them so the alternative options currently available are extremely limited and ironically potentially far more dangerous and less effective by a long shot.
Again, I don't want fo defend doctors immediately cutting patients off off meds thar require tapering that's inexcusable....but I feel they are worried about potentially serious consequences if they do by.
It's a really fucked up and disparaging situation.
I'm pretty much at the point of just saying look....prescribing acting antipsychotics and pregabilin daily is far worse for my health than some freaking diazepam or bromazepam.
And that I'd like to hear his honest explanation or opinion about it....I'm willing to show up to.my appointment with printed out medical information explains how seriously worse antipsychotic plus Lyrica is compared to a simple benzo....I.mean it's not like seroquel and pregabilin aren't just as addictive long term ....and far more toxic and so much less effective.

I agree 100% but in defense of the doctors which I don't like to do... is I think doctors basically are getting pressure to just stop tye trend of prescribing benzos and opiates period even if people genuinely need them so the alternative options currently available are extremely limited and ironically potentially far more dangerous and less effective by a long shot.
Again, I don't want fo defend doctors immediately cutting patients off off meds thar require tapering that's inexcusable....but I feel they are worried about potentially serious consequences if they do by.
It's a really fucked up and disparaging situation.
I'm pretty much at the point of just saying look....prescribing acting antipsychotics and pregabilin daily is far worse for my health than some freaking diazepam or bromazepam.
And that I'd like to hear his honest explanation or opinion about it....I'm willing to show up to.my appointment with printed out medical information explains how seriously worse antipsychotic plus Lyrica is compared to a simple benzo....I.mean it's not like seroquel and pregabilin aren't just as addictive long term ....and far more toxic and so much less effective.

This might be kind of off-topic, but I have a theory in this regard.

I think that 20 years from now, people will be essentially buying their own medicines on an essentially free or lightly-controlled market with doctors in a total advisory role. This is pretty much what has always been the case throughout recorded history. Doctors were prized for their knowledge, whereas now, I feel they are more "gate keepers" for various treatments and medicines. Going to a GP appoinment to me, is never an earth-shattering knowledge drop.

I see all of the folks ordering drugs over the internet these days. It's much less taboo and obviously, much more accessible. I'm not saying this was unheard of a decade ago, but there is a lot less looking over of the shoulder for folks doing this sort of thing and the only consequence for being caught is typically destruction of the parcel, whereas previously, you might be worried about your liberty.

I think addiction is a scourge of humanity, as it robs us of some of our greatest intellect, thus preventing the progress and success of our people. I think, knowing this, it wasn't an unreasonable choice to try enforcing their way out of the situation. The most infuriating part is when you know they're just being obdurate, not actually sticking to their beliefs for any goodreason.