• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin

Sarahg20

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, new here. I suffer ocd and depression which only got worse after my fiance n father to my child passed away last year. Anyway, iv stupidly got myself addicted to diazipam and now pregablin. Thing I'm wondering is this, when I started on pregablin they made me feel great, like I could happily get on with life etc, now they seem to of lost affect. I am actually prescribed pregablin 100mg daily but am buying online to take larger doses. Please no hateful comments, I know I'm stupid, but if you'd been through what I've been through maybe you'd be silly too. Hate myself for this, anyway, thank you xxx

Pregabalin makes you feel great, tolerance sets in very fast. My first 75mg felt like an come up on MDMA

Benzodiazepinen make you feel depressed, that is how they work. Calming but depressing. Although the are some subtle differences between them.

So would I be stupid to keep increasing my pregablin dose? I mean is it really dangerous? I wanna feel good but don't wanna end up dead.. Also if I stopped it, will I experience withdrawal. Thank you

Don’t increase your pregabalin, it’s pointless after a while because you’ll end up taking it just to stave off withdrawal. How much are you currently taking daily?

Stupidly I'm prescribed 100mg but as I'm also buying online I sometimes over 600mg

I'm also on 2 anti depressants and valium anyway.. Iv only been taking pregablin for few weeks. I'm prescribed 100mg a day so I'll take that but if I just stop now at 100mg will I still get withdrawal? And what did you mean bout stop for 3 days and the take for 15 sorry I'm confused easily lol 😂 iv been through valium withdrawal which was utter hell xxx thank you xxx

Hi everyone, new here. I suffer ocd and depression which only got worse after my fiance n father to my child passed away last year. Anyway, iv stupidly got myself addicted to diazipam and now pregablin. Thing I'm wondering is this, when I started on pregablin they made me feel great, like I could happily get on with life etc, now they seem to of lost affect. I am actually prescribed pregablin 100mg daily but am buying online to take larger doses. Please no hateful comments, I know I'm stupid, but if you'd been through what I've been through maybe you'd be silly too. Hate myself for this, anyway, thank you xxx
i would have loooooong blackouts when i was abusing pregabalin be careful of that, i'd drink a little take some benzos and literally i'm missing months of my life where i have to rely on second hand accounts. Pregabalin and Gabapentin don't "feel intoxicating" you're just a little relaxed and then booooooooom you have a drink and it's blotto.

If you’ve only been taking it a few weeks go back to your 100mg, you shouldn’t experience withdrawal. If you keep up at 600mg per day and you get cut off or whatever you’re gonna pay the price and the withdrawal is horrid. It honestly is not worth the “high” that you get from pregabalin. Tolerance develops fast, the more you take the more side effects you’ll suffer from. You’re gonna risk drug interactions with what you’re currently on especially with the Valium. It’s not worth it. Oh and it causes so much weight gain as well!

Oh OK thank you very much, I'll go back to the 100mg then n maybe just take a higher dose occasionally. Iv hot some 5htp, I bought them for energy but didn't work. Iv heard tho that u can take them to ease come downs, do u think if I do get withdrawels some 5htp would help? I'm basically on what feels like a hangover from pregablin. Urgh. I just wanna feel OK ya know. I'm so stupid. I wish my fiance was still alive, he'd help me 😢 xxx

I thought 2 x 50mg pregabalin a day was a starter dose the doctors up it, didn't yours offer that so if you do need an extra bit of help you'll have ones off doctors not ones off the net or street

I was started on 100mg a day few weeks ago but only took them for 2 days, gave them away

But now might need them to come off other pills I've been taking to self medicate

Iv no idea what wallbutrine is. I'm in the UK n not heard of it. I'm on... Prescribed.. Clomipramine 150mg daily, mirtazipine 15mg daily and pregablin 100mg daily and levothyroxine but that's for my underactive thyroid. But as iv mentioned before I also take some valium daily too not prescribed. Sorry iv no idea about all these diff names for diff types of meds lol x

I thought 2 x 50mg pregabalin a day was a starter dose the doctors up it, didn't yours offer that so if you do need an extra bit of help you'll have ones off doctors not ones off the net or street

I was started on 100mg a day few weeks ago but only took them for 2 days, gave them away

But now might need them to come off other pills I've been taking to self medicate
Yh I'm gonna ask to have it upped x

Iv no idea what wallbutrine is. I'm in the UK n not heard of it. I'm on... Prescribed.. Clomipramine 150mg daily, mirtazipine 15mg daily and pregablin 100mg daily and levothyroxine but that's for my underactive thyroid. But as iv mentioned before I also take some valium daily too not prescribed. Sorry iv no idea about all these diff names for diff types of meds lol x
wellbutrine is garbage, thats all i can say about it.

Pregabalin withdrawal is one of the worst you can go through.
Your doses are rookie numbers anyways, so i'd not be worried.. yet.
It's all fun and games, right boys?
Well, to be honest +600mg a day habit for a year or two might lead to some fun times shaking and praying for the god to come and take you, but hey - you made your bed.
I didn't even make mine, so i'll probably have to stay awake.
How to stop? Well, if i was you i wouldn't listen to me, but listen - you can trust me.
Just swap your habit for another one, that's what i have been doing. Works every time.
If you don't have your life spinning around drugs and have actual sober people around you, sober friends and people who care about you, you are one lucky girl.
You seem to actually be reaching out for help early enough to stop the limbo, before it even begins.
Listen, you have done sin. You have taken more than you should. Just suffer it through.
Old testament justice.
It's more worth than living the hell many of us Bluelighters do everyday.

Yikes, I'm really scared now 😭 I really don't wanna go through another drug withdrawal.. Valium was shear hell. N no I don't have anyone except my son. N I have to b here for him. My fiance died n I am only here for my son that's all I say. I just hope I'm stopping the high doses of pregablin in time 😭😭😭

Girl calm down :love:
You have stopped plenty early! You have a lot on your plate: sounds like a small child, a Very young widow, and a small mental heath situation that you and Dr are trying to manage.?
So tapper back down to 100mgs ( remove one pill everyday or two) I Always slow the train down before I ever try to jump off of it , works every time . Talk Honestly about all your issuse with your dr and what you need to accomplish , for you and your child. It may be a slow uptake to get you to the comfort level you want and need ( But Patience Grasshopper)

Is wellbrutrine known by any other names? Not heard of it. I don't really wanna take another drug but I just wanna get back down to 100mg a day pregablin without having withdrawals xxx

BTW I like wellbutrine as well. If it works for you, NOT Guaranteed to work, they are very fickle drugs, all people react different, so you keep yting them till work. That does Suck because it takes 2 weeks to start to work, 2 weeks to tapper off, the Repeat 2 weeks up and maybe 2 weeks down :oops:

Is wellbrutrine known by any other names? Not heard of it. I don't really wanna take another drug but I just wanna get back down to 100mg a day pregablin without having withdrawals xxx
You could switch to gabapentin. It's similiar drug but much weaker, it should be fairly easy to drop off.
I did like 4500mg a day for 3 weeks and had no withdrawals.
Well, my problem has always been different kind of downers.