• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pregabalin- newbie. What does it feel like?

Poppy2000

Greenlighter
I have got some pregabalin (300mg) I’ve never taken it before. (I used to take a lot of tramadol and codeine in the past, but not anymore) nowadays I’m on prescribed elvanse (vyvanse) 60mg and I take 6g kratom a day which I can take or leave. Is it safe to try pregabalin with elvanse? What about kratom? I am thinking of stopping the kratom anyway I can’t be bothered with it anymore. I think 300mg pregabalin seems a lot as I’ve never taken it, I’ve had it sat in my drawer for ages because I’m scared to take it. Would it be best to take it at night or in the morning?? I also take trazodone 100mg at night to sleep. Is pregabalin a buzzy kind of feeling or does it knock you out?? I’m hoping it will be a bit like the tramadol was and make me feel happy and talkative but no idea! Ive only got 1 blister pack so won’t be long term use I just wanna know what it’s like and whether 300mg is too high for me. I’m 36F but only 53kg, have a low BMI

It feels like being drunk but without the dizziness. Not quite exactly but the euphoria u get Is kinda like that. Don't take more than 300 the first time or ull fall to the ground, it makes u lose coordination at high doses.

75 mg will work when not tolerant but will take a few hours to kick in. It felt like coming up on MDMA and sliding into a downer quickly after that come up feeling. Unlike a benzo, it didn't sedate me that much. But it did effect my balance and judgement.

The second 75 mg i took, following my prescription, did nothing. As did my dosage the next day, but the anxiolytic effects stayed.

It feels like being drunk but without the dizziness. Not quite exactly but the euphoria u get Is kinda like that. Don't take more than 300 the first time or ull fall to the ground, it makes u lose coordination at high doses.
LOl when o would do grams of the stuff i would get jerk arm and leg i say when you get the perfect dose it like a coke high without the edginess and you sleep

This has to be taken on empty stomach works a lot better .When i was addicted and after hours i would eat then before dosing puke up so have empty stomach . Be careful worse wd even heroin a walk in park compared to this

As said, don't take more than 300 or even 150 first time. And unless you're prescribed it for pain or anxiety, don't take it every day for any longer than about 10 -14 days the withdrawals are horrific. I unfortunately abused the situation I was in and ended up on 600 mg per day for 2 years, not only did the "buzz" discontinue, I was just left as zombie both physically and cognitively which when meeting new people or looking for work or trying to remember the last sentence in a spoken conversation didn't help and the result of taking them was 80% embarrassment 20% "sorry what did you say before that?" and "where are my door keys this time?"

Last edited by a moderator:
As said, don't take more than 300 or even 150 first time. And unless you're prescribed it for pain or anxiety, don't take it every day than about 10 -14 days the withdrawals are horrific. I unfortunately abused the situation I was in and ended up on 600 mg per day for 2 years, not only did the "buzz" discontinue, I was just left a zombie both physically and cognitively which when meeting new people or looking for work or trying to remember the last sentence in a spoken conversation didn't help and the result of taking them was 80% embarrassment 20% "sorry what did you say before that? and "where are my door keys this time?"
I was on 60 300 mg got it down to 100 mg then jumped with some diazepam very easy wd but when jumping from 9000 mg which i have done had loop done on belt my wd last 6 day same level then all of a sudden it gone . So good for heroin wd but the wd and tolerance a cunt i was waking up taking 15 300 mg just to feel something then dosing 4 times a day

I was on 60 300 mg got it down to 100 mg then jumped with some diazepam very easy wd but when jumping from 9000 mg which i have done had loop done on belt my wd last 6 day same level then all of a sudden it gone . So good for heroin wd but the wd and tolerance a cunt i was waking up taking 15 300 mg just to feel something then dosing 4 times a day
And for me the stupidest part, was that the people I knew and moved with weren't saying to me you gotta try this shit, I think I saw 10 minutes of some shitty documentary on the drug scene in Scotland I think it was, then when it was prescribed to me in 75mg 3 times a day for nerve pain I thought hang on I can't feel shit...hence to jump to 600mg. Like, I wouldn't abuse Meloxicam because even though I know it a stronger NSAID I also know you aint gonna get euphoria, but because I caught glimpse of some cunting youtube "Documentary" I thought there was a high to be had. Don't get me wrong, I abuse everything, but with the pregabalin I was specifically looking for why people were falling over. The ultimate irony?....is that I now continue to need 150mg pregab per day for nerve pain. Only time pregab gives me a high now is when I mix it with opioids, but I'm not recommending doing that by the way, it's very dangerous, (CNSD+CNSD). Yeah when I went from 600mg down to 0 it was hell even with benzos.

Last edited by a moderator:
And for me the stupidest part, was that the people I knew and moved with weren't saying to me you gotta try this shit, I think I saw 10 minutes of some shitty documentary on the drug scene in Scotland I think it was, then when it was prescribed to me in 75mg 3 times a day for nerve pain I thought hang on I can't feel shit...hence to jump to 600mg. Like, I wouldn't abuse Meloxicam because even though I know it a stronger NSAID I also know you aint gonna get euphoria, but because I caught glimpse of some cunting youtube "Documentary" I thought there was a high to be had. Don't get me wrong, I abuse everything, but with the pregabalin I was specifically looking for why people were falling over. The ultimate irony?....is that I now continue to need 150mg pregab per day for nerve pain. Only time pregab gives me a high now is when I mix it with opioids, but I'm not recommending doing that that by the way, it's very dangerous, (CNSD+CNSD). Yeah when I went from 600 down to 0 it was hell even with benzos.
i asked my Dr.for it and he said NO. and im glad he did, i have sudden toe numbness, last month or so, i have gaba for sleep, doesnt do anything now so rarely pop it, but i will admit i wanted the high, i hear so much, wanted DXM too, but i appreciate that reinforcement, i dont need to be high and addicted, i do have some norco not alotta , got some dental on the 12th, saving it, but i could see me taking all that crap, my psyche will give most anything, but i dont ask anymore for anything different, i asked him if it would be ok to have Pregabalin he said yes contact your GP, guess i will be thankful for dodging that self imposed bullet

i asked my Dr.for it and he said NO. and im glad he did, i have sudden toe numbness, last month or so, i have gaba for sleep, doesnt do anything now so rarely pop it, but i will admit i wanted the high, i hear so much, wanted DXM too, but i appreciate that reinforcement, i dont need to be high and addicted, i do have some norco not alotta , got some dental on the 12th, saving it, but i could see me taking all that crap, my psyche will give most anything, but i dont ask anymore for anything different, i asked him if it would be ok to have Pregabalin he said yes contact your GP, guess i will be thankful for dodging that self imposed bullet
I know the high from the Pregab is well known for it's faster onset, as in you'll feel it between 2-3 hours after you've taken it, that sounds long, but what I mean is the Gabapentin like an antidepressant takes a long time to settle in the system. There is an alternative for nerve pain and sleep probs (you mention about your toe numbness which can be the first sign of neurological pain, and of your sleep problems, which I'm also on, that you've prob heard of it it's called Amitriptyline...which is a tricyclic antidepressant, in 25mg-50mg doses people use it for sleep but at lower doses (I'm on 10mg per day) it can help massively with nerve pain and sleep. Any nerve pain clinic in the world will try this drug first. I was thinking you could take it for sleep and the bad toe, but if it's not giving you pain then maybe Amitriptyline could be worth trying instead of Gabapentin if like you said it aint doing shit for sleep. There ain't a high though, I abused it up to 100mg and there wasn't shit riding no bike backwards for.

I know the high from the Pregab is well known for it's faster onset, as in you'll feel it between 2-3 hours after you've taken it, that sounds long, but what I mean is the Gabapentin like an antidepressant takes a long time to settle in the system. There is an alternative for nerve pain and sleep probs (you mention about your toe numbness which can be the first sign of neurological pain, and of your sleep problems, which I'm also on, that you've prob heard of it it's called Amitriptyline...which is a tricyclic antidepressant, in 25mg-50mg doses people use it for sleep but at lower doses (I'm on 10mg per day) it can help massively with nerve pain and sleep. Any nerve pain clinic in the world will try this drug first. I was thinking you could take it for sleep and the bad toe, but if it's not giving you pain then maybe Amitriptyline could be worth trying instead of Gabapentin if like you said it aint doing shit for sleep. There ain't a high though, I abused it up to 100mg and there wasn't shit riding no bike backwards for.
i am going to research and ask psyche, my GP wont give anything, i am going to shop for new doctor, i must, this kid wont give me the time of day, and ive never asked for anything hard, a man told me the numb toes were sign of diabetes, and was ignorant thinking people that dont eat right or have excess weight were prone to this, i have had multiple blood screenings, thought i had hypothyroid, i dont, but this guy said i have to ASK for diabetic testing, regardless ty for helping me, it sounds i deal in ways, i dont want to take Ambien, traz, Remeron and gaba, i was past wanting to get high, lil tempted as of late, but now just need a peace of mind, ok ill have the whole mind, its flipping near 5 am! time to stare at the ceiling fan and listen to the birds awake, again ty

i am going to research and ask psyche, my GP wont give anything, i am going to shop for new doctor, i must, this kid wont give me the time of day, and ive never asked for anything hard, a man told me the numb toes were sign of diabetes, and was ignorant thinking people that dont eat right or have excess weight were prone to this, i have had multiple blood screenings, thought i had hypothyroid, i dont, but this guy said i have to ASK for diabetic testing, regardless ty for helping me, it sounds i deal in ways, i dont want to take Ambien, traz, Remeron and gaba, i was past wanting to get high, lil tempted as of late, but now just need a peace of mind, ok ill have the whole mind, its flipping near 5 am! time to stare at the ceiling fan and listen to the birds awake, again ty
Yeah ask about Amitriptyline, but it can get complex so again think long and hard and talk to him...just like you said, because if one day one wants to stop the med, its withdrawals produce the very problem it is supposed to be preventing.

All I ever look for is the next hour, how's it gonna be. If now is your sleep time....I hope you get an hour at least 👍.

And for me the stupidest part, was that the people I knew and moved with weren't saying to me you gotta try this shit, I think I saw 10 minutes of some shitty documentary on the drug scene in Scotland I think it was, then when it was prescribed to me in 75mg 3 times a day for nerve pain I thought hang on I can't feel shit...hence to jump to 600mg. Like, I wouldn't abuse Meloxicam because even though I know it a stronger NSAID I also know you aint gonna get euphoria, but because I caught glimpse of some cunting youtube "Documentary" I thought there was a high to be had. Don't get me wrong, I abuse everything, but with the pregabalin I was specifically looking for why people were falling over. The ultimate irony?....is that I now continue to need 150mg pregab per day for nerve pain. Only time pregab gives me a high now is when I mix it with opioids, but I'm not recommending doing that by the way, it's very dangerous, (CNSD+CNSD). Yeah when I went from 600mg down to 0 it was hell even with benzos.
I as on 60 300mg i dropped down by30 straight of 30 300 in u won t give u wd then 10 per cent stab al.ise fo 2 days until 600 mg left then slow down. i jumped from 100 3 and foyrth day got head ache bit that zombie feeling but so much easier then stopping when you taking grams always taper don t rush it get some benzos

If you must try with 150mg in morning with coffee and as you have lisdexamphetamine it will produce stimulative anxiety free, pseudo Mdma maybe disociattive high. Kratom will probably 99% potentiate each other, haven't tried Kratom but bupe...Leave trazodone out when taking pregabalin, I tried it a long ago as prescribed and...never again.(but that's cause side effects were stronger than the effects on me).. Yeah pregabalin is addictive and wd is awfull but only if you taking it daily for weeks, months.

Feel like a mix between valium mdmaa and being stoned it's nice drug in my opinion 300mg isn't really that much so reckon you will be alright

I recently tried pregab for the first time to help with WD, which it is a miracle for. Very strange "high" if that, I kept my doses pretty low, maybe 150mg max a day but the bumping into walls and being uncoordinated without an accompanying sedation is very strange. Definitely increases urge to be social and empathetic. Benzos ease anxiety but pregab does that by boosting confidence or at least lowering inhibitions. I can see how it could be as effective for anxiety as benzos but ina different way. Cognitively it is very much like an alcohol sensation at least at these small doses.

I don't like it much but my mother does. I suspect it depends on brain type. It reminds me of weed a bit and is sort of psychedelic for me. When I close my eyes I can see patterns and stuff. It also makes me uncoordinated. That's at about 300mg. Anything less than that doesn't do much at all.