• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pregabalin / Lyrica

Welcome to EADD Lucy. I see from some of your other posts that you are making considerable efforts in reducing what I assume are opiates prescribed to manage a dependency. While I am in no position to preach and while you have as much need and reason as any of us to use whatever drugs that help improve your ability to feel good and cope with life, be careful experimenting with a drug that may be an unknown quantity if not prescribed - I noticed this which I hope you do not mind me quoting...

300 mg made me manic, so I tried opening the cap and taking about 1/8th. Same manic feeling again. I am bi polar though so maybe it doesn't sit well with that

Which sounds like the same or a similar incident. Drugs such as gabapentinoids and GABAergic's such a benzodiazepines can be extremely disinhibiting and can cause paradoxical reactions in anyone (I have been unfortunate to have experienced and episode of benzo rage about 10 years ago from which I still carry a scar) - but if you already have a serious mood disorder you may leave yourself vulnerable to having a manic episode.

You know yourself better than anyone but if you have put a lot of effort into getting opiate free it would be a shame for that progress to be interrupted by having to deal with an acute episode of serious poor health x

but pure codeine is Class B, so presumably controlled drugs can still be prescribed by doctors.

Even if it is you can still sell it in pharmacies without need of prescription, not in pure form but mixed with other shit. At least in here you can buy codeine syrup witch has lots of things that make you puke if you take it too much but you need prescription from doctor if you want meds that have higher amounts of codeine.

They can and may well still be sold by these online services, but image and other elements of the law can also play a part. Many of these services continue to provide prescriptions for codeine and dihydrocodeine while excluding benzodiazepines which are regarded as more problematic and are more tightly controlled by the Misuse Of Drugs Regulations (2001) (Schedule 4), as opposed to codeine and DHC which are only in Schedule 5 (unless prepared for injection)...

Any doctor can prescribe any drug unless it is covered by schedule 1 of the MODR 2001 but there is a marked difference in practitioners making decisions face to face with a patient who's history is known and well considered as opposed to online services. Regardless of its abuse potential, codeine and its homologues pale in comparison to the amount of benzodiazepines that are abused when looking at the misuse of prescription medicines overall and are also not as popular as morphine - standard narcotics when it comes to opiate and opioid misuse and dependency.

out of interest, what is the difference between the 'class' of drug and the schedule?

according to one pharmacy I've spoken to, codeine is schedule 1 but it's OK for them to sell it, but now Pregabalin is schedule 3 they can no longer sell it

The 'class' of a UK drug refers to its status under the Misuse of Drugs act 1972, with drugs grouped according to the proscribed legal penalties that their unlawful distribution and/ or use would demand.

The Medicines Act 1968 covers the 'scheduling' of prescription only medicines with 'schedule 2' drugs being those that require the tightest controls (such as heroin, methadone etc) as schedule 1 covers drugs that have little or no legitimate therapeutic use (the best example until recently being cannabis!).

Codeine is, as far as I am aware, schedule 5 and requires less red tape to deal with than most benzodiazepines most of which are schedule 4, although codeine carries more legal ramifications as a Class B drug, compared to all BZD's which are Class C.

There are also different categories of drugs depending how they are to be supplied:
  • GSL = General Sales List, the least restricted category; can be sold anywhere, not just in a pharmacy. Examples: Paracetamol, Loratadine.
  • P = Pharmacy Only; usually kept behind the counter and must be asked for. Examples: Co-Codamol, Pssudoephedrine.
  • POM = Prescription Only Medicine. Examples: Salbutamol, Naproxen, antibiotics.
  • CD = Controlled Drug. Can only be dispensed by certified personnel, must be kept secure at all times. Examples: Cannabis, Oxycodone, Methadone (nearly all opioids, for that matter).

The 'class' of a UK drug refers to its status under the Misuse of Drugs act 1972, with drugs grouped according to the proscribed legal penalties that their unlawful distribution and/ or use would demand.

The Medicines Act 1968 covers the 'scheduling' of prescription only medicines with 'schedule 2' drugs being those that require the tightest controls (such as heroin, methadone etc) as schedule 1 covers drugs that have little or no legitimate therapeutic use (the best example until recently being cannabis!).

Codeine is, as far as I am aware, schedule 5 and requires less red tape to deal with than most benzodiazepines most of which are schedule 4, although codeine carries more legal ramifications as a Class B drug, compared to all BZD's which are Class C.

The pharmacy must have been confused. So schedule 3 means too much red tape for them to make Pregabalin worth selling presumably

There are also different categories of drugs depending how they are to be supplied:
  • GSL = General Sales List, the least restricted category; can be sold anywhere, not just in a pharmacy. Examples: Paracetamol, Loratadine.
  • P = Pharmacy Only; usually kept behind the counter and must be asked for. Examples: Co-Codamol, Pssudoephedrine.
  • POM = Prescription Only Medicine. Examples: Salbutamol, Naproxen, antibiotics.
  • CD = Controlled Drug. Can only be dispensed by certified personnel, must be kept secure at all times. Examples: Cannabis, Oxycodone, Methadone (nearly all opioids, for that matter).

Ironically Paracetamol is probably the most dangerous drug in that list

Last edited:
Heard on BBC World Service they are now going to be a class c, does this mean the doctors are not going to be allowed to give them out?
I got dropped off my usual stash this morning of a few strips of 7.5mg Zopiclones & 25 Gabapentin, the guy I get them off had no idea about the change in the law & is thinking he can make a quick few quid from selling his script to folks, I should have kept my mouth shut really.
Chances are the doctor would tip him off though in a week or two when he has to go see him again to get his repeat script.

Anyone know when the law is set to change?
Also is their a rattle off these things? If there is I can imagine it isn't going to be the most pleasant thing ever to say the least.

On 450mg now, relaxed high. 3 days on 2 days off to avoid tolerance.

I must be doing something wrong or the ones I'm getting are some weird fake crap from China, I have to take well over a gram to feel anything.
I've tried to snort way more than 450mg before (NOT a pleasant experience I can tell you!)

I must be doing something wrong or the ones I'm getting are some weird fake crap from China, I have to take well over a gram to feel anything.
I've tried to snort way more than 450mg before (NOT a pleasant experience I can tell you!)

Must have been a very big pile of powder!

Heard on BBC World Service they are now going to be a class c, does this mean the doctors are not going to be allowed to give them out?
I got dropped off my usual stash this morning of a few strips of 7.5mg Zopiclones & 25 Gabapentin, the guy I get them off had no idea about the change in the law & is thinking he can make a quick few quid from selling his script to folks, I should have kept my mouth shut really.
Chances are the doctor would tip him off though in a week or two when he has to go see him again to get his repeat script.

Anyone know when the law is set to change?
Also is their a rattle off these things? If there is I can imagine it isn't going to be the most pleasant thing ever to say the least.

it changed April 1st. none of the (legit) pharmacies sell Preg any more

As discussed above, the Schedule seems to be more important than the Class. Benzos are class C and Codeine B and doctors can still prescribe them, so you might be able to persuede one, but to be honest there isn't that much point unless you're only planning to use them a few times a month

well I've never tried snorting, but ingesting I've often taken a lot more than 1000mg. It's the rapid tolerance that is the problem. Although even with no tolerance I find I have to take a reasonably high amount for recreational effects, although everyone's different of course

btw, I'm curious about Zopiclones - are they just good for getting to sleep or do you find them good for recreational effects?

I've seen Amitriptyline recommended as an alternative to Pregabalin/Gabapentin.

anyone tried it?

I've seen Amitriptyline recommended as an alternative to Pregabalin/Gabapentin.

anyone tried it?

It is effective (and is Rx'd) as an off label hypnotic, but while it can be extremely sedating, many consider the side effects so unpleasant that the cost / benefit ratio makes it generally unattractive and as such, it is not considered to have any desirable / 'recreational' effect, unlike GABAergics (alcohol, benzodiazepines, barbiturates etc) or gabapentoids.

Due to the comparative safety of SSRI's, SNRI's and similar drugs, it is rarely even used as an antidepressant any more.

I'm curious about Zopiclones - are they just good for getting to sleep or do you find them good for recreational effects?

If you fight the sleep stage they are very nice, best way is to crush them up & snort them as it hits quite different & very rapid.
IMHO you cannot compare eating them to snorting them, it is a different feeling & effect .

If you fight the sleep stage they are very nice, best way is to crush them up & snort them as it hits quite different & very rapid.
IMHO you cannot compare eating them to snorting them, it is a different feeling & effect .

would you describe their effects as trippy or a bit like Benzos?

would you describe their effects as trippy or a bit like Benzos?

The first bit hits in around 3-5 mins upon snorting it, you get a weird feeling in your head a bit like Seroquel & I always get mild visual effects like a low dose of 4-HO-MET. From then on it builds into what I rate as a high between a weak disso & a benzo high.

The taste though is ALOT more foul, I've seen people wretch when it kicks in good. Why the taste is alot more potent is beyond my understanding but I will warn you right now before you try it. Also when you wash your hair it comes back really strong too, it tastes really "old" too which when mixed with coffee or spicy food is satanic.

I have to admit I've found the effects of Seroquel (Quetiapine) unpleasant. I'm not a fan of the dissociative feeling

"......that can be bought for as little as £20 a strip."

Anyone that is paying that kinda price is an idiot & really has no place in taking them.
lucky I get all my meds for free as I get given them when my mate goes for his script as his not a fan of them.

Dogs are given them if they get all upset & bark when the owners would prefer the pet to be silent, you can tell the axe is going to fall really soon on these when The Sun is getting onto them. I swear it is always the same thing with anything that is good & it goes a bit like this..........

People that are wise have been onto them for some time & sadly it spreads from the "underground" into the mainstream & then you have idiots & hipster types taking them with their idiot friends & getting fucked up. Because they are idiots they may need to go to hospital & they cry over what happened to them, their parents get in touch with their local MP & it comes up at PM questions, next thing you know a ban is coming down on them.

Fucking idiot trend hipsters such as this idiot girl are the kind of people that got MXE banned.