• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin for anxiety - how long does it take to determine if you're on the right dose?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
I understand recreationally it takes 2-3 hours to kick in. But what about when you're taking it for anxiety and you're in it for the long haul? When do you determine if the dose you're taking is the right dose and increasing would not be necessary?

Also, is the dosage determined according to body weight?

Last edited:
I have had 800 mg 3 or 4 times a day as needed for the equivalent of alcoholic neuropathy in my lower extremities. Seemto have a high metabolism for substances in general and also on other medications. If youare not on other meds and weighs 150/230 lbs ( i am not aDr) I would suggest 300mg every 8 hours start MAX as a high dose.... and see how that does you.. ***medication effects every one differently *** just my suggestion. I am refering to Gabapentin for dosing, a cheaper old school version of Lyrica generic... beast of luck, stay safe. a better start dose would be 200/ 8hr. Then try 200 /6 hr. If not getting relief.this is a safer approach. I have only had sample packs of actual lyricia. From memory of last year <chemobrain> 2 75 mg [150mg] had me loopy but that's with a cocktail of benzo and fenney. Hope you get some relief, they didnt do much for me. but the human mind for each individual is crazy hope it works for you :)

All of my input typically depends upon what substances are flowing through my blood at said time ;) have you had any luck with the anxiety with Gabapentin?jaxs0? Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!