• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin - do you feel effects in one dose like a benzo? How long do effects last?

lipsandlimbs

Greenlighter
I purchased a box of pregabalin while attending a wedding in Mexico last weekend. I haven’t taken any yet. I was nervous initially because the blue and white capsules were unmarked, but more seasoned Mexican pharmacy-goers assured me that was normal.

I have a few questions Google isn’t helping with - just keeps redirecting to rehab sites.

•Do you feel the effects in one dose like taking a benzo, or does it take time like an antidepressant?

•If it works in one dose, how long until it kicks in after consumption?

•Is this something I’ll feel the next day? Will it make it hella hard to wake up for work in the morning like trazodone does for me?

•I can’t find any interactions upon searching but want to ask anyway - will this interact with either Modafinil or dextroamphetamine?

Thanks in return, friends. Stay safe.

Yes, pregabalin has effects the first time, in fact the first time is the best time, in general. The effects are not like benzos though. Pregabalin gets you really high unless you only take a little bit. It has qualities sort of like alcohol, opiates and even slightly like psychedelics (in that it can make your vision kind of funny, other than that it's not like psychedelics). I find it to be one of the more euphoric drugs out there, it's very recreational. It's pretty intoxicating and gives me an amazingly good mood. It also kills anxiety but not in the way that benzos do, where it's like anxiety (and part of your awareness) are shut off, it's more like it makes you feel good because it's euphoric, and it also produces a feeling of confidence (it's particularly good against social anxiety).

Hi and welcome to Bluelight!
I’ve been using pregabalin recreationally and also to potentiate oxy for years so I will share my experiences:

it does not take multiple doses over time to feel the effects. You will feel it the first time you take it. For maximum effect, take on an empty stomach.

For me, it takes about an hour before I really feel it. If taken on a full stomach it will take longer to kick in.

This drug is nothing like trazodone. In fact, the next day I wake up still feeling calm and relaxed. For me, who suffers from horrible anxiety, this is an added benefit. I never wake up groggy and out of it like I do when taking trazodone.

I do not know about any interactions with Modafinal or amps.

Finally, start low and resist the temptation to redose too soon. Give it at least 2 hours before doing so. Also, tolerance builds quickly so make sure to skip several days to a week between doses. I’ve been taking 300mg once or twice a week for years and I always get a great high from it. Just a word of warning: apparently it has god awful withdrawals if you use too long, too often, and too much. Enjoy!
perfect post, good info and warnings, ty

One of the things I regret is the fact that I got myself hooked (taking it daily) on pregabalin. I get absolutely zero noticable effects from it currently. :(

the first dose will hit in an hour or two. and it will be be quite heavy for someone not used to downer's. Almost like the come up of MDMA.

Then it level's, my first dose was 75 mg btw. Later dosages never recreated this effect.

I had more of a dissociative-type high initially but these tend to have (remote) similarity with MDMA for me. This stuff is so badly tolerance inducing like nothing else I know so far. It's just impossible to maintain the high for just 2-3 days. It's nothing like a benzo, but pretty enjoyable as long as it lasts.. even years(!) later I couldn't get again what I got initially. But this might have to do with potential cross-tolerance to dissociatives, which tend do induce permanent tolerance that doesn't go away and pregabalin is an indirect dissociative.

Yeah there is some aspect of perma-tolerance from pregabalin. My first experience at 300mg was one of the most profoundly euphoric and enjoyable drug experiences of all time, up there with early MDMA rolls, but quite different. I was never able to get quite that effect again. Now I need 450mg to get a strong effect even if I haven't taken it in a long time. if I've taken it within a week, then even 600-750mg will not be as strong a 450mg.

Affects only first time.Talk about me.After that felt almost nothing.Useful for RLS.Does not affect pain.100-200mg some anxiolityc properties.Useful for switching to a while and stopping benzos.Max daily dose for me was about 300 mg.Stop once valium with that for six-seven months without some big problems.Cannot find anything other useful in this.Thats me.

I had more of a dissociative-type high initially but these tend to have (remote) similarity with MDMA for me. This stuff is so badly tolerance inducing like nothing else I know so far. It's just impossible to maintain the high for just 2-3 days. It's nothing like a benzo, but pretty enjoyable as long as it lasts.. even years(!) later I couldn't get again what I got initially. But this might have to do with potential cross-tolerance to dissociatives, which tend do induce permanent tolerance that doesn't go away and pregabalin is an indirect dissociative.
I've gotten the dissociative high from it at high doses. Visually and spatially felt like K or something.

The only similarity with MDMA is it causes that literal "rolling" feeling. All the lovey euphoria is missing tho

ITS been said take on empty stomach first time ever 150mg will fuck you but be carefull tolerance on this is so quick . Also the wds are hell six to 7 days of mental torture i say it on all rhe pregab threads miricle drug for heroin wd makes it all go away but if you on heroin wd then you can easily swap addictions

Pregabalin must be taken on empty stomach for a 1-1.5h peak serum level. After a heavy meal 4-6 hours peak serum levels. 90% oral bioavailability vs limited Gabapentin absorption

Pregabalin 300-600mg powder dissolved in warm water, orange juice, 2-3 Valium 10mg tablets crushed, Methadone 80mg powder, Ritalin 50-60mg IR powder ………1 hour and powerful dopaminergic euphoric opioid relaxation potentiated with 30mg of Diazepam and 600mg of Pregabalin

Pregabalin 300-600mg only is a VERY pleasurable experience. Fast onset and peak serum levels, significant mood-boosting effects, happy, sociable, energetic, positive mental attitude. Amazing drug. Easily outshines Phenibut.

Although I take 2 grams of Phenibut with LSD 100ug tab …..both 3 hour onset at 12pm

After trippy sex with GF at 5pm I make by Brompton Cocktail lol

Methadone 25mg
Ritalin 40mg
Diazepam 30mg
Pregabalin 300mg
Indica Cannabis 10mg jel cap
Ethanol/Jin 2-3oz drink

Melt into the couch in pure euphoric ecstasy lol

I like writing about perception, and last year I saw how you can change just a bit in your so-called "goal" or "path."

I use "your" as all of us!

750mg with small bumps of ketamine is giving the best psychedelia and hypnagogic states. It is creative but also time-consuming.

then baam two constants: space and time can distort; anyone unsure or ocd( just let go)

But my advice is to just react in ilussion of free will, thus shaping character around the choices you make, making you an experienced psychonaut.

every time I learn something in the process.

Responsibility for yourself will create a bigger space for others.

In the end, love is there, some fucking spark that you can shape from.

and ketamine, btw, is the first substance that can lower tolerance and help with withdrawals even when taken long-term daily.

start slow or fast.

In the end, you can try to remember and make peace with knowing that your last or previous choice was without remorse. and each one was better than previous!

Then, when your hipocampus is full of memories of love or, if anything, you are an explorer,

(That can also be a psychosis with derealization or depersonalization.) Well, it's yours, and if someone is asking for your "person"?

You just give and share it! It's a reality to experience.

Se here how writing on your favorite forum is in the shape of your own movie-like feeling( ketamine is gold in that as it's making pregabalin feel like pregabalin even after a couple years), and pregabalin will be a bit more in my life as it is now my PhD in Gabapentinoids. (not to brag), a little arrogant about the fact that it was

rotating me, spinning, and turning at first, then when you caught a grip with a couple withdrawals from Xanax XR, Lorazepam,

GHB and Phenibut with Pregabalin are LOVE and CREATION, AS PUNCTURES AND RAPTURES.

hYPOTHETICAL if there was no responsibility, let the psychedelia FLOW AND SEE WHERE IT TAKES YOU!

THIS SHIFTED caps-locked word [hYPO] looks great.

You should stay put and enjoy if you are not aware. How aware are you? Don't drive

It lasts all day, and it is after all best with good nutrition and hydration (keep an eye on water retention), so titrating doses to minimize side effects are

In the end, if you set one standard, like mg/kg,

For beginners, it would be 150–450: recreational, energetic, good mood, and confidence( there is no false one). It just is!

600-900 mg almost mdma-bit more like peeking but stops somewhere like CalvinKlein (suggestibility), that was maybe cause for Concerta and Ketamine UPS!

It's disociative GHB.

and it's prescribed.

and it can change your life.

-and will you if you let it? as your therapist.

People are saying that brain damage is an issue; if you see and experience brain damage even a bit, just stop and try the next best thing!

After all, brain damage is probably from the perspective of a beholder who knows nothing about anything, let alone pharmacology.

not to mention taking whatever is chasing the dragon, and still you are here!

Because when you are happy, I'm happy as well.

Although I take 2 grams of Phenibut with LSD 100ug tab …..both 3 hour onset at 12pm

After trippy sex with GF at 5pm I make by Brompton Cocktail lol

Methadone 25mg
Ritalin 40mg
Diazepam 30mg
Pregabalin 300mg
Indica Cannabis 10mg jel cap
Ethanol/Jin 2-3oz drink
well here we have a Wizard Level of psychonaut!
Very much feeling great when see those things!

Which makes me twisted f....!
But this combo is not for newbies so maybe lower diazepam and if you haven't tried Concerta which is Ritalin but outer shell is like 7,2mg mph so that I hold sublingual
sometimes two till your mouth almost become numb and after you have less crash!

I never tried any opioid apart buprenorphine and tramadol but if methadone and I think I could but it's very strict rules and obligation(every day and ) read all those inter-dose withdrawals?
But methadone is ultimate as it's also NMDA antagonist so will see with my therapist, what does she think?

First time i took them i made an ass of myself, was wasted. Ever since then they give me awful anxiety

First time i took them i made an ass of myself, was wasted. Ever since then they give me awful anxiety

It is very scary for me. in other words it annihilates me kind of scary. It can have anti anxiety affects but I forgot the word anoxilant something. I'm going to try to get me some . . from dr appt. thanks for your comment ?!

A Super-Deluxe Brompton Cocktail, In bed (couch) by 6pm? You need help @Dextro .45 ;)

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is going to produce noticeable effects around the 1 hour mark. At the 2-3 hour mark, you'll be experiencing the peak of subjective effects. The duration of action will depend on the dosage, a higher dosage extending the duration. If you take a single recreational dose, the experience will likely last ~8 hours.

If I take a higher dose ~600 with no tolerance, the duration is usually ~8 hours of powerful subjective effects and ~4 hours of afterglow.

If you've never used it before, I'd go with 300mg Pregabalin. That might not be enough for recreational purposes. It's important to start low so you know what you're dealing with; no allergic reactions, extreme dysphoria, suicidal ideation etc. Once you know what it does and how it feels, you could try 500mg-600mg. I don't think you should go higher than this for your first time.

I find anything higher that 600mg for a first timer is nearly overload and you experience negative side effects from it.

It’s not like a benzo where you can take it multiple times a day and still feel it. Re-dosing on this does nothing for me personally (maybe it’s because I’ve abused it over the years).

I usually leave a minimum of 2 days between doses and maximum of 5-7. YMMV.

A Super-Deluxe Brompton Cocktail, In bed (couch) by 6pm? You need help @Dextro .45 ;)

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is going to produce noticeable effects around the 1 hour mark. At the 2-3 hour mark, you'll be experiencing the peak of subjective effects. The duration of action will depend on the dosage, a higher dosage extending the duration. If you take a single recreational dose, the experience will likely last ~8 hours.

If I take a higher dose ~600 with no tolerance, the duration is usually ~8 hours of powerful subjective effects and ~4 hours of afterglow.

If you've never used it before, I'd go with 300mg Pregabalin. That might not be enough for recreational purposes. It's important to start low so you know what you're dealing with; no allergic reactions, extreme dysphoria, suicidal ideation etc. Once you know what it does and how it feels, you could try 500mg-600mg. I don't think you should go higher than this for your first time.
Ya, I've been taking this Brompton Cocktail for about 10 years off and on

It'll kill a naive individual

Pregabalin 75 to 150mg MAX for a newbie ...300 to 600mg for a tolerant user

Methadone 80mg at 7am .....an additional 25mg around 5 or 6pm

And when I take this oral Brompton Cocktail at 5/6pm .....this is Saturday night bro lol....I'm in front of my 65" 4K flat-screen with a roaring fireplace watching cool shit having Jin cocktails and blasting lines a Yayo until 3am, so I enjoy the entire duration.

Im not taking this and then going to bed at 10pm lol.

Again....im a VERY tolerant user whom is legally scripted 70% of every controlled substance I take.

Cheers.