• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Prednisone maximum safe dose

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
Okay so I was drinking my kratom hot chocolate when an odd very itchy rash started appearing on my hands arms and legs. I don’t drive and there are no buses today because it’s a holiday. I use a wheelchair so ride sharing service to urgent care isn’t an option. So my pan is try prednisone and benedryl from my prepping kit. I know I will have to tapper of the prednisone but for today I need to know the maximum safe dose so don’t accidentally get too over zealous. The internet says 60 but I grew up with major asthma and I know I have taken at least 80mgs in one day before thanks for any information.

Yep. It absolutely has to be tapered. I was on it for 10 days in 2007, and recently in the last 2 weeks I started another course and now need to taper as well.

It sucks but it has to be done. Going cold turkey is pretty dangerous. I was on 50mg prednisolone for about 8 days, now I'm on 25mg, taken that dose for the last 3 days, and will be going a bit lower soon, then finally off this shit. It's awful, the side effects are horrible, I feel depressed and miserable and lethargic. Hopefully my "reactive ring modulation" tinnitus with my right ear on voices/instruments starts dying down eventually...I'm still trying to get used to it.