• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Precipitated WD Question

Subdeep

Bluelighter
I understand that PWD is what happens when a person who is dependant on any opioid that is not bupre uses bupre too early without waiting to be on withdrawal first but my question is:

If a person that is dependant on bupre decides to have a relapse and skips a dose or two in order to use another opiod and feel its effects for one day. Will this person experience PWD when they take their next dose of bupre shortly after the other opiod's effects wear off?

If you completely replace bupe with the other opioid for at least for 3-5 days then yes. If you'll have a short 1-2 day "heroin vacation" from bupe then no. That's my experience with it. Someone else might be able to binge on other opioids for longer without PWDs but I doubt not many will be that lucky. The longer you will be taking the other opioids the higher the chance of getting PWDs will be.

I would still advise after those 1-2 days of another opioid some caution. Start slow 1mg of sub sublingual every few hours. While you are more than likely OK to just jump back..... precipitated is no joke and it's best to tread lightly.

I would still advise after those 1-2 days of another opioid some caution. Start slow 1mg of sub sublingual every few hours. While you are more than likely OK to just jump back..... precipitated is no joke and it's best to tread lightly.
Alright, thanks. What a about a single day and a single use of another opiod? Still at risk?