• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pre-mixing Heroin in vial

Runnerate

Greenlighter
Hey, I've tried searching for this but no luck.

It may be a stupid question...

Can I pre-prepare/cook IV heroin?
Such as mixing it with bacteriostatic water, filter it with a micron and store it in a sterile glass vial. Then I just withdraw the calculated amount as needed.
This can be done with fentanyl and morphine powders, so can I do it with #4 (Australia) powder heroin?
Thank you.

heroin will degrade in solution (to morphine i believe) - so it's probably not a great idea.
from memory i think it can take a while (12 hours? maybe 24 hours?) to break down, but it will de-acetylise if i recall correctly.

it could also potentially allow for bacteria to grow in the water if there is anything present in the heroin, so it could be a little risk, given that street heroin is not sterile.

edit - i just did a search for this and found a comment from one of our well informed bluelighters in this thread, because i know this has been discussed here before -

It depends on temperature and pH. At room temperature in neutral solution the half life is something like 12-14 hours, so it will actually take much longer than a day to break down completely. But heroin is shipped to hospitals as a dry powder in an ampule for a reason... it's not doing you any favours to leave it sitting in solution any longer than it has to be.