• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Pre access testing - in Canada

Hollowpoint2020

Bluelighter
Short version… can the labs can am uses tell the difference between a guy with lorazepam,diazepam and clonazepam. Cause I’ve had valid prescriptions for the first two but not the last.

Long… So here’s my predicament. I have to do a pre employment test at can am which is the primary company used in western canada. The test I will do is an express panel+lab Now I have legit prescriptions for lorazepam and diazepam and suboxone. What I don’t have a prescription for is clonazepam which I took not knowing it lasts for fucking ever!!!!! It will be the only thing in my system I have no scrip for. Now knowing the procedure from when I was on percs. I will piss in the cup they will call me and say hey you failed provide the pharmacy name that dispensed your meds…. And it’s all good. If I say oh here they gave me diazepam and lorazepam will they say all good. Or hold up where’s your clonazepam prescription?

I'm gonna go ahead and try and give you an accurate answer even though BL doesn't answer drug testing questions. But that's our bad as the title of this sub forum says exactly that. The drug testing in the title of the sub forum actually refers to testing the ingredients in drugs and their chemical properties but you didn't know that. I just realized that the title can be taken in other ways.....like asking about drug testing questions. So let me see if I can ease your mind a bit about the clonazepam.

The test is actually just looking for opioids,benzos, THC, amphetamines and such. Since you have scripts for the loraz and diaz it SHOULD be fine as the benzos in your urine are to be expected. A mass spec from a lab could conceivably identify the clonnie metabolites if they were actually looking for them. In other words....the test must tell them to look for that particular benzo instead of just a blanket test for " benzos " It has to be specifically asked for in the test and I'm not real sure you're employer would do that. They just want to see what drugs you are taking and they have no idea you took some clonnies. In other words they will probably just test for a benzos and when you can provide your scripts it SHOULD be good enough. Think of it this way....when they see amphetamines in the test they don't know if it's Ritalin, or adderall, or Vyvance or what. It just shows amphetamines. To figure out which one it is they have to specifically test for it and they don't go that deep in a regular 12 panel.

So I think you will be fine on your test but this is why we don't answer testing questions because we don't want to give false hope and say you are good to go or that oh boy you are screwed because we don't know your health status or your body weight or your metabolism or anything else. You may have already cleared it from your urine as well. Either way ...good luck. I think you will be good as you have scripts for the other 2 benzos and as far as I know that will cover the benzo metabolites in your urine.