• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc prazosin

xivixive

Bluelighter
came across a bottle of prazosin 1mg capsules.

it says on the bottle it was prescribed "for nightmares".... this intrigues me. i read up about it on wikipedia but its a bit too scientific in its explanation for what it does for me to understand...

so i figured i'd ask here...

whats up with this stuff? good for anything?

i'm like "whoa thats the shit they rx'd those kids with in 'nightmare on elm street' movies", and a bit apprehensive to try it out.

Afaik it's only being prescribed off label for nightmares in people with ptsd, it's an alpha-adrenoreceptor-antagonist (main indication is hypertonia) so don't bother taking it.
And this post is borderline violating this rule
6) NO QUESTIONS ASKING IF A MEDICATION OR DRUG IS RECREATIONAL!
Bluelight is not here to help you get high. Other drugs is a harm reduction forum

I have been prescribed prazosin. It helps with PTSD related nightmares, although it is a blood pressure medication. It could help out with substances that raise blood pressure, for instance, ergine. It is also given in conjunction with invega sustenna sometimes if the patient has high blood pressure.

Personally I've found that the rebound nightmares trying to come off this pill are very intense. I stopped taking it for my PTSD simply because it brought my bp down to dangerous levels and made me dizzy.