Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Potential scam or surveillance via online sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

spondy

Greenlighter
If this post belongs somewhere else, or crosses any lines - please let me know! I'm going to try to keep this as brief and vague as possible until I know I can release more info... It's erring on the legal side of harm reduction, since I think this could be incriminating people or surveilling networks....

So I just moved to a new city and was looking to see what I could find. Via a common (normal web - not dark web) p2p vending site I came across a phone number. So I did
some digging due to being skeptical, and this same phone number - listed as belonging to an LLC- is a 'landline device.' Not only that, but it is listed, with the same text I found, on various sites and backpges of various cities across the US.... Now if this doesn't sound like either a "too big to fail" narco empire, or some sort of surveillance fishing technique, I don't know what does.

I'm not listing the number unless it's appropriate, but wondering if anyone else has seen this also (not asking if it works or not since I've convinced myself it's too risky).

TLDR:

I found a delivery service advertised on the normal web whose phone number is listed as a 'landline device' registered to an LLC, with the same add syndicated in cities all over the US... Anyone familiar with this? Mad suspicious.

It's almost certainly a scam, as is most if not all of the drug dealing on sites like craigslist, etc. Final word on the matter honest, further speculation isn't going to be of much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.