• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Potential Baclofen Overdose - Insight wanted

anon123isme

Greenlighter
So I was out drinking heavily for the first time in a while. I had about 20 standard drinks over 5-6 hours. Came home thinking, drunkenly, I'd snort some dexamfetamine for the first time. Drunk me powered through ten before realising id been putting back 10mg Baclofen tabs; totalling 100mg. Without thinking I quickly put back 10mg dexamfetamine and am now feeling extremely sedated, dehydrated but still awake, alert and alive.

My question is this: by snorting 100mg of Baclofen and consuming 20 odd drinks am I in danger of respiratory depression if I allow myself to fall asleep? When the amphetamine leaves my system am I in potential danger? Should I be wary of any other issues?

I feel fine, but I've never used the Baclofen and can't find much regarding its effect on the CNS when combined with alcohol.

I'd rather not have to go to the ER if avoidable.

I do note that Baclofen possibly has a possibly has a rebound effect on blood pressure - something possibly to worry about considering I took some propranolol earlier in the night for it's anri-anxiolytic effect.

Am I safe or should I take action and go to the ER? If there are any drugs recommended to combat the GABAnergic effects on my CNS, other than more amphetamine, let me know, I have a small pharmacy at my disposal.

Many thanks!

When did you take baclofen?

But judging by how clearly you wrote your post, you don't appear to be at imminent risk or in need of the ER. But I could be wrong. No one here can make that judgement call for you ultimately.

Biggest risk here is choking on your vomit while in a deep sleep, not respiratory depression. That dose of baclofen can potentially cause severe dizziness and nausea, and combined with alcohol may result in vomiting.

If sleep is imminent one approach is to back up against a wall in this position:

Backing up against a wall is important to prevent you from rolling on your back. Nonetheless, if you are alone this doesn't guarantee you won't wind up on your back somehow anyway. Nor does the recovery position itself guarantee safety.

I am going to say you are going to be fine only because of your perfectly typed post. You are very cognizant and your post has no spelling errors, is punctuated perfectly and in a good format. You seem to have all your wits about you. No misspellings, no writing like this ( adur die grod ) and no rambling.

I think you will be okay and just need to get a good sleep and some good food in ya. You overindulged a bit but not to a dangerous level.

Speedy recovery to you.

I have no tolerance to Baclofen and almost none to dexamfetamine either. Though I do have a great tolerance to alcohol, or at least have had over the past decade.

I'll down a heap of food and electrolytes and set an alarm for 4 hours and see how I feel upon waking. I guess my biggest worry was that the effects of the Baclofen could be masked by the amphetamine.

I'm feeling tired now so I'll get ready for bed and see how I go. Hopefully just some side effects I'll have to learn a lesson from in the morning I'll update you all soon :)

I have no tolerance to Baclofen and almost none to dexamfetamine either. Though I do have a great tolerance to alcohol, or at least have had over the past decade.

I'll down a heap of food and electrolytes and set an alarm for 4 hours and see how I feel upon waking. I guess my biggest worry was that the effects of the Baclofen could be masked by the amphetamine.

I'm feeling tired now so I'll get ready for bed and see how I go. Hopefully just some side effects I'll have to learn a lesson from in the morning I'll update you all soon :)

I'd skip the food if I were you.

Hopefully upon awakening you will be good to go. The baclofen was a large dose but I have heard of people taking 50 mgs at a time with no issues. You doubled that so i would assume you are quite drowsy, even with the dex in your system. Let us know how ya feel when you wake up.

Okay. Too late to skip the food. Actually feeling quite a bit better now. 10mg of dex is a fair bit for me so that could be the case for a while

I'll sleep in the position mentioned by @negrogesic, but I don't see vomiting as much of a potential issue as combined CNS drugs causing respiratory depression. The alcohol is unlikely to cause this response in me, though I guess one can never know;

I don't have anyone that can check on me, but I'll keep myself up a while longer until I can feel the amps beginning to wane, and presumably the CNS depression take hold.

I appreciate the advice, and I'll call for help if I feel the situation spiralling for me :)

Yea if this is your first time using dexamp then 10mg probably feeling pretty decent. Glad to hear you’re doing well!!

-GC

Okay. Too late to skip the food. Actually feeling quite a bit better now. 10mg of dex is a fair bit for me so that could be the case for a while

I'll sleep in the position mentioned by @negrogesic, but I don't see vomiting as much of a potential issue as combined CNS drugs causing respiratory depression. The alcohol is unlikely to cause this response in me, though I guess one can never know;

I don't have anyone that can check on me, but I'll keep myself up a while longer until I can feel the amps beginning to wane, and presumably the CNS depression take hold.

I appreciate the advice, and I'll call for help if I feel the situation spiralling for me :)
:group hug: