• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post Your Ecstasy Urban Myths/Legends Here

evsid

Bluelighter
There have been SO many urban legends, myths & just plain old bullshit info regarding E & other drugs (some of which appear on this site) that I thought we could collect as many as possible, so that next time we see a "heroin in E?" post we can refer them to this thread.
My three biggies:
1) E drains your spinal fluid (?) which is why long term users become wheelchair bound. I don't know about any of you but I've yet to see an old raver in a rolly chair, excluding the dumbasss who dove off a balcony @ The Limelight 4 years ago.
2) Brown speckles in a pill mean there is heroin in it. Why anyone would believe that a dealer/chemist would use an expensive drug as an adulterant is beyond me. The worst thing about this one is that there are boneheads who stubbornly believe it no matter what--"yeah then explain the dopey high I got from that pill". Gee how 'bout the fact that you're a dopey schmuck to begin with.
3) A guy had a bunch of ecstasy in his front shirt pocket on a hot humid day & was running from the cops. He sweated so much that the E absorbed into his skin & he went into the most amazing roll of his life but is now a vegetable in a prison hospital. This is a variation on an old LSD myth.
OK folks now share yours. Mabey we can eradicate these stupid myths once & for all (or at least for the next 3 weeks).

Well I found the most common myth:
"All you wanna do is have sex while your rolling"
Fuck... that was what sold me on doing it the first time.
------------------
NoneSoVile
To really trip ballz is to forget yourself; and to forget yourself is to see everything else; and to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe.

Though I don't believe in the pills-with-heroin stories, there is a logical reason why it might make since to do this: It would get the roll droppers get hooked. But then again it'd be expensive, plus the eyes pupils would get pinpoint, not gigantic.

umm in nice words :dumbass: sorry.
brown specks are usually incompletely synthesized mdma molecules, say...lazy chemist?
heroin and crack and coke are not orally active, why would they put it in a pill?
they do put cheaper adulterants in, such as DXM, PMA, BZP, caffeine...which may account for bitter taste. bitter does not equal good pill necessarily.
all this shit is in the FAQs section. damn..

Another point about coke/smack in pills is that it wouldnt matter if you were adiccted because its not like you can go into a store and get same "brand" every time. So people arent going to be like "damn I really want some coke and these are the pills that have it so Im buying it". Too mmuch flaoting around with too many different ingrediants

Myth:
That ecstasy can dissolve under your eyelid and that it will: (a)go straight into the bloodstream and (b)hit you a lot harder....
I had heard this one a few times, even saw a guy try to/pretend to do it. I asked about it on BL and got shot down for it, but yeah, that’s a myth for ya.

all this shit is in the FAQs section. damn..
Yeah, but most of the people who think those rumors are true have never read any kind of MDMA FAQ...that's why evsid posted them...because they are myths. No one here really thinks they're true.
The ones that get me are "E puts holes in your brain" and "If I saw something trippy while rolling, it must mean there is mescaline in my pill."
------------------
Harlequin
~Esta arte me encanta, eu non posso mais sair.~

"When ever someone touches you and you are rolling you cum" THis was the biggie for me. THis is what sold me to the hole ecstasy thing!!
Robbyrob
------------------
Come with me to Dreamland ~~ plur~~

Favourite E myth?
When you're in Amsterdam it's a good idea to buy a few pills and smuggle them back into the USA. Say hello to Bubba and bend over...
Harry

1) MDMA has no medical/theraputic use
2) MDMA is destroying the youths of our nation
3) MDMA is what made all those ravers as dumb as they are (this is all build in natural stupidity)
4) MDMA is more fun than Acid
5) MDMA is more fun than MDA
6) after you have eaten 10 pills you are legally a nemphomaniac
6) MDMA is perfectly safe
7) MDMA your butthole droop after you inhale the fumes
8) MDMA, like pop rocks is a "Party in your mouth"
9) MDMA is your momma
[This message has been edited by Majortrippz (edited 31 August 2001).]

I wish more people surfed these boards and educated themselves because its true, 3 out of 4 people I talk to about E are convinced that there is heroin in ecstasy. Not just the teenies either, people in their 30's that once used still say that.

There is a few about sex on here, but nobody got the one that I have heard the most -
If you have sex while rolling, it will never be as good as when you aren't.

I know heads who still think e is speed, coke and heroin in a pill
pz

A variation on the one about E eating holes in your brain, I heard someone say that it actually eats holes in your skull.

i have heard about holes in your brain, also that it makes it bleed, but i thik that's acid, ever hear "drugs fry your brain" and they put up an egg and then they greak it in a pana nd it sizzles and say this is your brain on drugs, bro!. that was funnie. but must admit some drugs do fry your brains or just your dam body.. hehehe.. also anotehr thigni heard! was that seeing the glowsticks made you cun, and you felt like fucking all night. and it feels liek sex? i haven't had that one yet!.

THe sex one is a biggie. Everyone says that shit.. Dont fuck when you're rollin cause then it will never be the same..
"Bullshit"
------------------
Come with me to Dreamland ~~ plur~~

s0madreem says:
heroin and crack and coke are not orally active, why would they put it in a pill?
They are 'orally active', you simply would be unable to fit an amount large enough to make a difference in a single pill.
Sexy-FaNtAsY-23 says:
i have heard about holes in your brain, also that it makes it bleed, but i thik that's acid

No, that's not acid either.
[This message has been edited by nickc (edited 02 September 2001).]

Most of these i have heard are urban legends about acid not ecstacy.
and also coke is orally active.
------------------
I aint got a Lexi, I got a taxi, get the fuck in and floor it and pay for it, bitch!!!