• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Post Meth and MDMA use

MaxAlfredo

Greenlighter
So I was a heavy meth and MDMA user for a little over two years. I've been off hard drugs for a little over a year now. I keep having like I guess in a way "flashbacks" of feeling high without actually being high, I've also retained the typical picking at my skin habit that. The slightest bump or anything on my skin would cause me to pick at them all while I was tweaking. I'd say it's only half as bad since I've quit. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or something similar. It sucks being clean but basically reliving the high in your head, it almost makes it tempting to go back but I have no desire going back down that road again.

In regards to the MDMA I get intense cravings for it from time to time. Ik that's one drug I HAVE to stay away from, especially since it's what drove me to doing meth heavily in the first place. Plus the high is so good to me it's always been hard to stop.

Again if anyone has gone through or is going through something similar, I'd like to hear, I think I'm just trying to ease my mind.

Thanks

I’m not sure about ‘reliving the high’ - but it is very common for meth cravings to return years after you stopped. I got them strongly even 4 years after quitting the first time. If you used MDMA and Meth together, your mind might be confusing exactly what you have the craving for.