• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ Post a trailer of your favorite film to watch while tripping!!

Did you like the new blade runner @Cream Gravy?
It was... okay. Dennis Villeneuve has a knack for ruining good sci-fi plots (i.e. Arrival, BR:2049) and while the aesthetic was there and the soundtrack almost mimicked Vangelis' original soundtrack pretty well, the plot fell short. Gosling acted amazingly (got a man crush on him), Ford was amazing, Jared Leto... pretty much ruined the film lol. Then the plot completely ignored the Director's/Final Cut endings (don't wana spoil it for anyone but let's just say Ford's character shoulda died a while before 2049...)

And now that fucker is gonna direct the new release of Dune late this year... aghhhh!!!! Fuck off Dennis, leave my favorite genre be!

OT: Another classic; fights for best with Blade Runner for top choice imo-

@Cream Gravy? how are you feeling about the prospects of Villeneuve's Dune? Personally I'm trying to tell myself it will suck so that I won't be disappointed. But honestly, I can't fucking wait...
Ehhh, that about sums up my sentiments; low expectations, yet still excited because hell, someone outa do another film adaptation finally. We missed out on Jordowosky's adaptation, David Lynch's was kinda... bleh. I also can't imagine Timothee Chalamet being a good Paul Atreides... perhaps just personal bias there, I've been disappointed by recent films I've seen him in.

We missed out on Jordowosky's adaptation, David Lynch's was kinda... bleh.
I hope that some day there is a public version of that storyboard book that Moebius and Jodorowsky did for Dune. The documentary "Jodorowsky's Dune" was fascinating.

Yeah David Lynch's was so bleh, but some of the set design and visuals in that were sick. The Geiger influence was off the hook. I love that scene where they roll the Navigator in and have a chat. Right up there with the opening sequence of the original Bladerunner. But as an actual movie, Lynch's Dune was unsatisfactory and flat.

It must be so hard to make a sci-fi movie. You have to build this radically different world, make it convincing, and still have a good story and acting and all that that any normal movie needs. And then you get hypercritical people like ourselves picking it apart lol.

But as an actual movie, Lynch's Dune was unsatisfactory and flat.
It would have gone a long way if they just had Brian Eno do the whole soundtrack sans Toto... the random prog-rock soundtrack elements really take you out of the sci-fi world and remind you that you're watching a failed 80s flick lol

I loved Kyle McLaughlin as Paul, and the rest of the actors sans Sting were good picks as well... again, wtf Lynch?

The new film looks like the actors will be more... 'diverse'. Chani won't look anything like I imagined her when I read the novel; I mean FFS, she's played by a girl with one name... ONE name, no last name. Zendaya? What the actual fuck? She was born in Oakland, California. Her parents are dumbasses, whoever they are.

The Baron Harkonnen I think he made a good choice, as with Gurney Halleck and Duke Leto (love Oscar Isaac!). I dunno, call me racist, but I don't see why all the movies coming out now have to replace white or arabic characters with black and latin actors. Like, Herbert meant the Fremen to be like the Arabs, modelled them after Lawrence of Arabia essentially... yet there won't be many Arabic or white actors this time 'round. Dennis in his infinite wisdom decided to just ignore the actual novel.

Worse yet, Liet-Kynes has been both race AND gender reversed... he went from being an old white/Arabic guy in the book to being a young black woman? And Hawat went from white to black for no apparent reason too... WTF Dennis?

But oh! Hans Zimmer is doing the soundtrack. Fuck to the yes!

Last edited:
This fan made animated remake of Lynch's Dune intro scene with Princess Irulan is kind of cool:

@Cream Gravy? I totally agree re: Eno and Sting.

I haven't given the casting in Villeneuve's Dune a ton of thought but Zendaya is :love: IMO but yeah very cringey name lol. It does seem problematic politically to cast an entire race in the Dune world with a present day earthly race, so I see why he mix-and-matched, but it would be much better hard sci-fi if he didn't. It's hard to imagine that there would be obvious diversity *within* say house Atreides that far into the future. Skin and such features would be super blended more likely. Like even here on earth, it will be a really different picture in a few hundred years.

edit: oh yeah, Hans Zimmer is great. Sometimes I listen to his soundtrack for BR:2049. I made a playlist that just has the synthy tracks from that movie.

Last edited:
You guys are making me want to watch Lynch's Dune. I've got 10 good x pills on the way and I'm thinking if I munch three pills and eat some of the fresh mushrooms that I've got growing I'll be right for Dune. heck I even have spice!! lol

Bagpuss - you telling me that saggy cloth-eared motherfucker wasnt trippin? Sheeeit!