View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

positive vs negative response. same drug see dose

lemonman

Bluelighter
Regarding the piece below I would like to ask why different people like or dislike then. Is it the dose, the persons psyche or what.
Both Pender (1970) and Johnstone et al. (1959) reported that patients under anaesthesia due to either ketamine or phencyclidine were prone to purposeless movements and had hallucinations (or "dreams"[10]) during and after anaesthesia. Some patients found the hallucinations euphoric while others found them disturbing

Ohh...post some more. Good Christmas reading.....late 50s data on PCP. I can never decide if PCP analogues feel more "50s" or "70s". I guess it could be both.

yes, its because of the psyche. I have personal experience with psychedelic/dissociate psychosis. It can be very traumatizing, because I definitely am, but I'm getting over it :D . Every drug reacts differently on different people, just like certain people are more sensitive than others. It's just chemical reactions and how sensitive you are to them or interaction between mental illness that could be stimulated by drug-induced psychosis.