• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

Why not put the seeds through a burr grinder or mash them with a moter and pestle before using? Wouldn't this release more?

The goodies people try to get from poppy seeds are on the OUTSIDE of the seeds... so no.

pussies and idiots..this thread has long ago attracted way too much attention. Poppy seeds are also like 3-600% the price per pound they were before this thread was started.

Yeah who cares. I don't see who would actually do this. Now I would LOVE<3 to have some poppy pods or poppy latex. Something about doing it the mild old fashioned opium way gets me off. But poppy seeds? Inconvenient. If they became totally illegal that would be a REAL FUCKING shame. Otherwise who cares. Many 13-year olds here buying poppies by the pound to get a buzz?

i'm gonna add some revisions to your method, kind sir. in my professional opinion, i think that the best way to make poppy seed tea is as follows:

(((i've tried this with every brand of seed, but the most potent seeds i've found so far come in a small (easy to steal) clear glass container with a blue cap. brand is MORTON, SAN FRANCISCO or something like that. they're expensive to buy but a real man would just steal it :)))))

1. get a 2 litre bottle of soda

2. empty out said soda

3. steal 4-10 bottles (depending of course on your tolerance) of morton sf seeds

4. use a funnel to get the seeds from the bottle to the 2 litre, paper works fine

5. fill the bottle with WARM, not hot or cold, just WARM water up to about an inch or 2 above the seeds. shake until it's dark greenish brown nasty colour.

6. unscrew the cap part way so that the liquid can get out but the seeds cannot

7. squeeze the bottle into a cup.

8. do yourself a favour, plug your nose and drink that god aweful shit FAST!

9. you can even re wash the used seeds if you want. they'll get some alkaloids into yo cup but obviously at a much reduced potency

Why hello there bluelight, I just registered to comment on a blue lotus thread and saw this cute little thread here and felt like I should contribute. I have made PST 100s upon 100s of times and would like to offer my expert opinion on the subject. I will include what I believe to be the most simple and efficient way to make PST.

Firstly, I must address the reference of http://poppyseedtea.com/ This is misleading. Most depressents are fairly hard to OD on by themselves, PST even more so due to the fact that you have to drink tons of liquid. The person from this site had a number of other depressents in their system, including BENZODIAZEPINES. It would be more appropriate to say PST mixed with other downers kills To be fair though, I have gotten to the point where my breathing was so labored that I thought that if I stopped moving I might pass out, not breath, and die a few times. This was back when I had some of the post ghetto poppy seeds I have ever seen (with starw mixed in) plus a very small tolerance. So, be careful, but honeslty, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Unfortunately now I have worse source and typically make PST with 3.5 lbs of seeds. This keeps me normal and keeps them cravings at bay. I occasionally use OxyContin TM (my drug of choice, preferably 80s, but have been stuck with the 20s lately). Anywho, when I use it I usually rail 60 mgs and get a damn good high, but don't really nod unless decently potentiated. This is to give you an idea of where my tolerance is it. As an aside, any oxycodone I've snorted that was not namebrand OxyContin has been a waste, better to just eat it.

Anywho, here's how I do it.

First, start out with a gallon jug of water. I make this on the go sometimes (start with water then add the seeds because of this which is more due to the conditions in which I make the tea), so I just buy one and dump out water until the correct amount is it the bottom (I've done this so damn much I eyeball it, sorry) Basically, you're going to want just enough water so that it covers the seeds and when you adds the seeds and shake the jug with everything in it, you notice that the seeds swish around in the water instead of being merely clumped up.

Next you will need a funnel. If you have a funnel, great. If not, grab to sheets of printer paper or something equivalently stiff, and make a cone out of the and tape it together. You will the want to cut off the bottom just enough so the seeds don't clog up the funnel, but it can rest nicely in the top of the jug of water.

Now poor the seeds in (most of you will probably add water after this, unlike me, for instructions on that, see above). Also feel free to add a little lemon juice or grapefuit juice to change the pH to more ideal level. (not much, just poor it in for a few seconds)

Here is where I differ, and what I feel is the best way to do this part. You want to shake the jug for 3-5 minutes. No more. The longer you do this, the more crap you will get in the mix that can make you sick to your stomache. Most people I've made tea for have puked off of it (especially when I let is sit for 10-20+ minutes). Basically, all the latex is washed off the seeds almost immediately after giving it a good shake. I honeslty really only do this for 3 minutes and I feel that is a few minutes longer than necessary. Trust me on this step, the unique nausea that occompanies this stuff is not pleasant and the only real way to deal with it is to puke.

Now, grab some rubber bands and some sort of cloth. I generally use a t-shirt, but currently am using panty-hose which seem very nice for this job. Tightly bind the cloth onto the rim of the jug and squeeze all the liquid out. I would now add a decent amount of grapefruit juice to the mix and take it with benadryl and DXM if you are so inclined.

The reason for taking benadryl it is an anti-histamine. The reasoning behind taking DXM (something I have just today began experimenting with, so take this bit with a grain of salt) is that I have been doing some research and it seems that DXM may prevent the formation of tolerance. My assumption is that this is related to DXM being a N-methyl-D-receptor antagonist which means that it helps with the withdrawals and cravings for opiate, as well as pretty much every other major highly addictive drug (I did a very well done research paper about NMDA receptor antagonist for an intro psych course, ketamine and ibogaine are also such).

The spelling errors! Sorry, when I tried editing it my computer went into that weird mode where when you type the letters will automatically delete what is in front of them which makes editing a pain, if not impossible.

ID13 I wouldn't get too confident when you speak of preventing tolerance with dxm. If you were to do so you would probably need a lot like almost a grams worth and even then there is still no guarantee that you'll prevent or keep tolerance at bay. Ketamine and Ibogaine (although similar) are still very different than dxm. Just because they share similar receptor affinity (NMDA), doesn't mean you can avoid the inevitable. Plus, unless you want to wind up in a hospital with a catheter in your dong, i would recommend avoiding combining benedryll, dxm, and PST. All of these inhibit your body's ability to urinate. There have been other posts on this site regarding dxm and opiate tolerance and it seems that DXM doesnt do much. If it did im pretty sure people addicted to opiates would be all over this combo, but its simply not the case. Your expert opinion might be fine for you, but could put someone else in the hospital.

is it possible to get a powder from poppy seeds???? im thinkking about doing qwiso wash but using poppy seeds not bud :D

The spelling errors! Sorry, when I tried editing it my computer went into that weird mode where when you type the letters will automatically delete what is in front of them which makes editing a pain, if not impossible.

Hit the "Insert" key on your keyboard. You switched it to overwrite mode.

Does anyone know a good place to get 'quality' seeds?

Since this isnt illegal this shouldnt be considered sourcing. I want to make something like a hummus paste only from poppy seeds.

I still think that's "sourcing," but I'm not sure. Just google "poppy seeds" and find a place that sells them in bulk. You can also check farmer's markets and anywhere that sells bulk spices.

is it possible to get a powder from poppy seeds???? im thinkking about doing qwiso wash but using poppy seeds not bud :D

There are TONS of threads and info on this already. What you're looking for are teks to make what's called "pod puddy" or "pod putty."

Did anyone ever try planting the seeds when they were done with them?

I haven't, but the seeds should still be perfectly viable after a wash if they were prior to the wash. Try it out.

I've read many many guides for making poppy seed tea, all with different methods and directions. Some of them have good information, but they all seem to leave you with a hefty learning process. so after many tries i give you a PST recipe that works well and is logical.

STEP 1: Find poppy seeds! McCormick, spice islands, and any other MAJOR spice brand is bunk. dont waste $5 buying 70g of washed poppy seeds. look for all natural, all organic branded poppies. the less handling the better. if the seeds are in a glass jar, look for lots of cloudy residue building up on the glass - this is a good sign. also look at the poppies themselves. do they look very uniform in color and clean? not a good sign (white poppy seeds need not apply here). also, if there is debris (read: not a poppy seed) in with the seeds that is also a good sign - less processing the better.

STEP 2: Figure out how much you want/need! i would say a good place to start the first time is to go with 80g of seed per 100lbs of weight for a new opiate user. intermediate users should go with 150g of seed per 100lbs body weight. advanced users 300g seed per 100lbs body weight. and people with real opiate addictions.. do your thing. (these estimates are for very potent poppy seeds, if you have shitty seeds or suspect it, increase dosing by as much as 50% )

STEP 3: Wash your poppy seeds! i like room temperature water, as its not so cold as to make the opium latex harden, and not so hot that it breaks down the latex. as long as your water isn't on one extreme of the temperature spectrum, you are good.
Put all your seeds in a sealable container (you are going need to violently agitate the poppy seeds in water to break all the latex off the poppy seeds that you can), and fill with water till there is about 20-30% more water than saturated poppy seeds (when the water/seed mixture settles, the water layer above the seeds is what you are looking at to be 20-30% of the volume of the poppy seed solution below it).
Seal your container and shake vigorously for a minute. Imagine having a grand mal seizure with the poppy seed container in your hands.. copy this.

STEP 4: Strain off poppy seed water from poppy seeds! I use a mesh strainer, you can use the screw cap on a plastic bottle in a pinch. just have your poppy mixture in the bottle, slightly unscrew the cap (HOLD ON TO THE CAP - you dont want all the poppy seeds to end up in your strained solution because your cap fell off..) and squeeze the bottle, hold this over a glass or collection pan of course.
the darker the color the final product is, the more potent it is likely to be. take a small sip and see if it is very bitter - this is a trait of the drugs you want.

STEP 5: Acidify your mixture! the lower the Ph of the solution, the higher the availability of morphine. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2569731) add lemon or lime juice and let the solution sit (10-15 drops of juice per 2floz of drink). give it about 5-10 minutes to let reactions take place (though this is likely unnecessary). this makes the drink more potent.

STEP 6: DRINK THAT SHIT. dont be a pussy and add sugar or whatever, you aren't here to sip this trust me. it may taste horrible - more than likely it will. just chug it like you have a glass full of hard liquor.

STEP 7: ENJOY THAT SHIT.

Last edited:
Trust me on this step, the unique nausea that occompanies this stuff is not pleasant and the only real way to deal with it is to puke.

no??? take a tums or drink some sodium bicarbonate solution right after you drink the PST. wait an hour or two. eat something light. most stomach pain comes from irritation from inert poppy seed tea going through your bowels. some food with will help scrape this stuff off and push it through, so you aren't agonized for hours. drink plain water as well 45 minutes after drinking the tea.

sometimes your environment can make you nauseous as well. avoid dark rooms with only a tv or computer screen on - the refresh rate can make many people sick. also if you are feeling sick, try to sit down but not slouch - laying down will make things much worse. focus on a well lit object (in a well lit area) and take small sips of water.
those steps should help alleviate the worst of any nauseous symptoms.

Beamish nice tutorial.I live in lithuania and we have those bulk seeds.Opium is very popular in syringes here.Gypsies make opium from poppy pods and acetone.Anyway i dont want to take syringe in my hands.And all i've ever done was Weed.I want to get that effect but dont get any nauseas and fucking up.I want to be able to comunicate and act it normal.I dont want that anyone notice that im on something.I probably will be outside all the time.and how much teh high lasts?

depending on how much you take, normal dose will last about 4-6 hours, with peak around 3 and half hours. you will be able to communicate, and unlikely anyone will think you are on a drug. not as strong as heroin (not even close), but gives you a good idea of the drug.

oh cool..I just dont want to look high when talking and talk normal.I would like to try before studies.Im gettin some dried poppy pods and some poppy seeds from my friend grandmother.Shes grows poppies for cakes and stuff.I heard that some kid died from poppy seed tea so i just dont want to die to u know :D i dont have any balllz when im tryin sumn new.

You should try using pom juice instead of lemon. Its more effective than grapefruit juice at inhibiting the enzymes that break down opiate. Grapfuit juice is weaker but also works and is cheaper tham pomegranate.

You should try using pom juice instead of lemon. Its more effective than grapefruit juice at inhibiting the enzymes that break down opiate. Grapfuit juice is weaker but also works and is cheaper tham pomegranate.

Really? I might have to try this, seeing as the wife and I both HATE grapefruit juice.

I heard a rumor that the combination of a small dose of oxycodone plus a small to moderate dose of poppy seed tea is one of the better opiate combos out there.

Definitely try the pom juice. I would be interested in hearing some reports. Do be careful though since the potentiation is often NOT subtle but significantly raises blood levels of many drugs. Keep that in mind.

The tea is weak compared to the pods, but if the seeds are unwashed then there is a little bit on them.

I just bought some poppy seeds but they say on the packet "CAUTION: These seeds are poisonous"
- should I in fact then NOT try to turn them into poppy seed tea or is that just a warning to scare people off trying to abuse them?

Thats odd. Do you have a picture?

You cant get high off a packet of seeds though. You need tons of seeds. Maybe they were chemically treated. I wouldnt waste high quality seeds from a packet on eating them. I would buy bulk seeds for that.