• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy seeds) Experienced: Making the process easier

^That's the thing, no one knows if it will work. Also it's hard to measure dosage so be careful!

I don't think you'll find any seeds that specifically say they are papaver somniferum, but you will find some brands that say they are papaver rhoeas or whatever.

Well, I guess I should say, Swim is all out and out the seeds into a bottle of rasberry iced tea when he got them and will probably end up drinking it tomorrow am when he gets up. He certainly hopes it works and would be amazed if it did. On another note, he found some pods online and ordered those so he should have those this week. He really wants them right now. Swim is not a very patient person when it comes to this type of thing.

For those interested,

i recently made some poppy seed tea with 500g of standard issue supermarket poppy seeds and around 500mL of water, using the loosen lid slightly method.

i decided to keep some of the 2nd wash (another cup or so of water added) and test on a GCMS..

results were:

37mg/L morphine
2.5mg/L codeine

wish i kept some of the first wash but it didnt occur to me untill after i drank it.

Where do I get these poppy seeds. I went to a east indian health store and they had them but it seems like these would not work. They are more along the lines of the seeds that come on a bagel at dunkin donuts. Can someone help me out because I am dying to try this.

That D & D coffee is some potent shit!
Hurry while supplies last.8o:(
Supply and demand must meet not from disillusioned confusement, but rather the illumination of mistakes mistaken. These insane downturns are rarely the uninformed consumers fault.
High prices are bad for business.

For those interested,

i recently made some poppy seed tea with 500g of standard issue supermarket poppy seeds and around 500mL of water, using the loosen lid slightly method.

i decided to keep some of the 2nd wash (another cup or so of water added) and test on a GCMS..

results were:

37mg/L morphine
2.5mg/L codeine

wish i kept some of the first wash but it didnt occur to me untill after i drank it.

which brand/store poppy seeds did you got? and how did u test out how much morphine was there?

which brand/store poppy seeds did you got? and how did u test out how much morphine was there?

umm i think they were Hoyts brand? sorry i chucked it out. but they came in a 250g plastic jar.. i just purchased them from a grocery store called Coles.

i tested them using a GCMS, which is a gas chromatograph with a mass spectrometer detector which i am lucky enough to have access to.

I can't believe how well this worked.

I went to the store tonight and was really pissed that there were no seeds in the bulk section and i had to buy packets. I figured what the fuck it's worth a try.

I used 300 grams of seeds.
Just covered with water in a two litre bottle.
Shook for five mins, let sit for five. Repeted 3 times.
Used the half unscrewed cap technique.
Sqeezed myself out a cup o tea and added some honey (the taste really is fucking horrid)

Repeated the steps for a second cup.

I can't get over how fantastic i feel. i did not expect it to be this intense as my tollerance isn't exactly low and the CWE never did much for me, but i'm very happy with these results. This blows the CWE out of the ...W.

With my leftover seed scum i put them in a coffee filter and ran hot water through it, going to have it for breakfast and see if it gets me anywhere.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

If they are organic I would say they aren't papaver somniferum seeds (which is what you want). Reason being that producers who can legally grow papaver somniferum poppies use herbicides etc so they aren't organic. If you're buying them from an organic market I'd be willing to bet they're papaver rhoeas, grown to organic practices. Sorry :)

papaver rhoeas seed looks nothing like somniferum seed.

only somniferum seed is used as a cooking ingredient/spice

^ Nope, there are even brands which specifically state papaver rhoeas seeds. I think one I've seen is Menora (this is in Australia). The Menora seeds look identical to all the other brands of seeds, including the brand that was tested with a GCMS earlier in the thread.

Why would you only use somniferum seeds, when rhoeas is legal to grow without licence and hence can be produced by smaller organic producers. My logic was that all somniferum seeds are likely treated with pesticides etc so would not be organic.

I used 300 grams of seeds.
Just covered with water in a two litre bottle.
Shook for five mins, let sit for five. Repeted 3 times.
Used the half unscrewed cap technique.
Sqeezed myself out a cup o tea and added some honey (the taste really is fucking horrid)

Repeated the steps for a second cup.

skypanda, can I ask how much opiate tolerance you had when you did this?

would 300 grams of seeds be too much for someone with no tolerance?

skypanda, can I ask how much opiate tolerance you had when you did this?

would 300 grams of seeds be too much for someone with no tolerance?

I do have an opiate tolerance (40-60 mg of oxy)

But i have to say that the next week i tried this with about 600 grams of seeds and felt something for maybe ten minutes then nothing. I did buy this second batch of seeds in bulk (much cheaper) so that's probably why, they must have been washed or something.

I would say that 250-300 mg would be fine for a beginner assuming the seeds are good. Of course it depends on your size too i'm sure. But maybe drink half the glass, see how you feel in an hour then drink the rest.

I bought 600g from a certain UK high street superdmarket. Were "slap your back pocket twice" cheap.

Does anyone think these could work? Any experience with supermarket brands?

Amazing - I had no idea this was possible. I was always told that Poppy seeds contained no opium. I've grown it a bit, and bled them - but never tried poppy seed tea.

So I just went out and bought 400 grams at the local supermarket. I hope you guys are all right. I just hate wasting money on drugs that don't work. But I'm keeping my fngers crossed and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the information

You guys are lucky fuckers to be able to get off on under half a gram...I need upwards of 10-12lbs...and they're the good shit

Amazing - I had no idea this was possible. I was always told that Poppy seeds contained no opium. I've grown it a bit, and bled them - but never tried poppy seed tea.

So I just went out and bought 400 grams at the local supermarket. I hope you guys are all right. I just hate wasting money on drugs that don't work. But I'm keeping my fngers crossed and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the information

If it doesn't "work," it's either your fault or you bought pre-washed seeds. All you have to do is google "poppy seed fail drug test" to know it's legit. Also, pods are infinitely better than seeds, FYI.

If it doesn't "work," it's either your fault or you bought pre-washed seeds. All you have to do is google "poppy seed fail drug test" to know it's legit. Also, pods are infinitely better than seeds, FYI.

Are Pods legal to buy? (And is that an inappropriate question?)

What would happen if you ate the whole seeds? Are their any other alkaloids in poppy seeds that can be dangerous or cause discomfort? I plan on making a smoothie with the poppy seeds blended in it.

What would happen if you ate the whole seeds? Are their any other alkaloids in poppy seeds that can be dangerous or cause discomfort? I plan on making a smoothie with the poppy seeds blended in it.

If you eat the amount of seeds needed to make a good tea, you will almost definitely get sick. Plus, many reports have stated that some seeds contain a high concentration of heavy metals. If you're going to eat it straight, get some pods instead.

Are Pods legal to buy? (And is that an inappropriate question?)

I'm not sure about Canada. In the US, they are technically illegal, but the law is almost never enforced. If it was, flower shops would be getting raided every day.