• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Poppy Seed Tea - Taper vs Cold Turkey?

You're making progress there. It's a good effort to halve your dose and maintain on that for two weeks, so you should definitely give yourself credit for that.

My experience has been that pst can be a good lot stronger than it sometimes gets credit for - I think being quasi legal it sometimes gets lumped in with codeine as a mild or 'soft' opiate, but it can throw a heavy punch. I've had good effects off pst when my tolerance is at a level I can't feel 80-100mg of oxy, which leads me to believe that some batches can provide a fairly solid dose of opiate alkaloids. I'm not too surprised your tolly is too high to feel codeine though it's unlucky you're not even getting some wd relief from it. By any chance do you use grapefruit juice with your pst? Grapefruit juice will negatively effect the conversion of codeine.

You might find it helpful to write down your motivations for quitting; I find it's really easy to lose sight of why I want to stop sometimes, and what I want to achieve gets really unclear and pointless looking. That's when it's really easy to convince yourself that using a bit more to catch a high once won't really matter, or that there's actually no reason to taper at all. Sometimes writing it down can help you regrasp all the reasons why you chose to start tapering, and give you that little bit of motivation to keep going. Also, if I find myself becoming unsure of whether I actually want to stop, I find it sometimes helps to remember that I wouldn't have put myself through all the shit of tapering and withdrawals and so on, if I didn't really want to. Sometimes you just have to trust the decision you made back then, even if you can't fully relate to it when you're feeling sick and down. You do sound like you've got a strong will though, maintaining your halved dose over two weeks shows that.

All the best.

You're making progress there. It's a good effort to halve your dose and maintain on that for two weeks, so you should definitely give yourself credit for that.

My experience has been that pst can be a good lot stronger than it sometimes gets credit for - I think being quasi legal it sometimes gets lumped in with codeine as a mild or 'soft' opiate, but it can throw a heavy punch. I've had good effects off pst when my tolerance is at a level I can't feel 80-100mg of oxy, which leads me to believe that some batches can provide a fairly solid dose of opiate alkaloids. I'm not too surprised your tolly is too high to feel codeine though it's unlucky you're not even getting some wd relief from it. By any chance do you use grapefruit juice with your pst? Grapefruit juice will negatively effect the conversion of codeine.

You might find it helpful to write down your motivations for quitting; I find it's really easy to lose sight of why I want to stop sometimes, and what I want to achieve gets really unclear and pointless looking. That's when it's really easy to convince yourself that using a bit more to catch a high once won't really matter, or that there's actually no reason to taper at all. Sometimes writing it down can help you regrasp all the reasons why you chose to start tapering, and give you that little bit of motivation to keep going. Also, if I find myself becoming unsure of whether I actually want to stop, I find it sometimes helps to remember that I wouldn't have put myself through all the shit of tapering and withdrawals and so on, if I didn't really want to. Sometimes you just have to trust the decision you made back then, even if you can't fully relate to it when you're feeling sick and down. You do sound like you've got a strong will though, maintaining your halved dose over two weeks shows that.

All the best.

Thanks very much for that input, and no I don't use grapefruit juice. I can definitely relate to what you said about losing sight of your goals and more importantly, the actual reasons for deciding to quit. I think I'm stuck in a bit of a life rut, each day is so similar to the last, nothing gained and nothing achieved, just another 24 hours of my life fading away. It is only every so often that something does shock me into omission and I realise why I want to be done with this and get my life back on track.

Thank god I have a roof over my head and a family that also desperately wants me to kick it. In addition to that I have some extremely close friends who I know will never turn their backs on me no matter how worried and concerned and sad my perils make them. Most importantly I am just so thankful that I have my beautiful, amazing, intelligent, innocent and loving girlfriend who has just been my beacon of light for over half a decade. I'm almost certain that I would have strayed well beyond the point of no return without her. With her in my life I can only fall so far before the rope becomes taught, and even if it does seem pitch black a lot of the time, I know if I can see that tiny flickering light then it is still possible to find my way home. The seas are rough and the passage is akin to a stint in hell but there just has to be something on dry land that makes it worth the journey. If there is not then this is just one fucking sick joke.

Last edited:
im an all or nothing kinda guy. I gave up 2 anti pyscotics, 2 anti depressants, smack, 70-100mg Xanax a day, 1g codeine a day and quit cold turkey. obviously a couple of those u SHOULD taper off for HR but just go hard out off it and be focused on the strength u are building for yourself. you will then start feeling self worth and love aswell which u will again thrive off not wanting to fail yourself buy showing weakness to yourself. that's how I delt with it in a nutshell. hope your going well?

70-100mg Xanax a day

Doing this cold-turkey would be physiologically dangerous for most people (and possibly fatal). Also, this borders on the highest benzo tolerance I've ever heard of anyone having. . .

ebola

^ yeah.... No amount of self love is going to save you from that lethal cold turkey cocktail.

Yes, I have a hard time believing that Xanax dose is what your body required at the time, otherwise, as Ebola mentions you would have come very close to death or died going cold turkey.

Imagine being on 100mg of Xanax for 10 years, you'd get an eighth of your way through the taper schedule in two life times (those figure aren't real, I'm probably exaggerating.)

Maybe indy is confusing xanax(alprazolam) with valium(diazepam)?

no. I m not confusing it with valium.......I wish it didn't sound like a boast but its true. I had seizures, couldn't talk, went blind, couldn't walk, muscle spams non stop for 3 weeks, complete memory loss, speech is still slow and simple tasks can be hard and confusing still at time. I go hard when I take drugs with large amounts (only ones I don't tho is acid and G ) , so a traumatic episode took me onto this direction.i still have RLS(restless legs syndrome) perception of time is completely fucked (eg I can now remember events but now when they occur). My Doctor (not the one that xd me the Xanax) said I should legally be dead.

Does a doctor give you such leeway when prescribing such doses? Such as "70mg - 100mg as needed" or was it more like you started on 70mg, then went up to 80mg etc. I want to meet your doctor.

Did you pick up like, 20 bottles at a time?

the dr has since been removed from practice.i later found out he was way doddgee not sure if he was actually a dr haha. He would nevergive me any help with the councelling session I really needed at the time, just wrote me out scripts. gold coast for ya.

That's a bizarre comment. What makes you think there is nothing but thebaine in PST? What tests did you run?

And how can something "contain" placebo?

Very strange line of thinking. It couldn't be more established why PST works. There are endless posts, threads, and even sites dedicated to it.

Maybe other alkaloids just not morphine. I say this based on it having next to no pain killing properties. Yes you can opiate type effects but pain relief doesn't seem to be one of them. 3x panadeine forte has always given me better pain killing ability than 1kg of pst even though pst has much greater recreational effect. The question is , are you getting fucked up off the poison of the Tasmanian blue thebaine popppy and fucking up your body in the process

I have many side effects to pst that i don't get from a range of opiate pills.
* These include skin flaking off my face cracks in my lips, cracks at both corners of my mouth which open up just as if you cut the corner of your mouth with a knife [ very fucking painful. , even cracking of arsehole & no haven't been sticking things up my arsehole, opiate or drug or anything else.
* Nerve damage in hand [woke up with a left hand that I could not even pick up a glass with - use of hand better but numbness and loss of dexterity.
*Throat infection leading to lung infection, bleeding of lungs & bronchitis/pneumonia. Hospital intake & IV antibiotics to kill infection. I will try and find photos ive taken to illiustrate
*Flesh around eyes being destroyed/damaged causing gaunt hollow eye sockets - just like the tv stereotype of a really bad heroin addict.
*Extreme difficulty to begin pissing. Lasts for 3-4 days
* Fluid retention in feet and ankles foot changes to blue & purple colour. Remained for around 1 week after pst intake.

Anybody else have health issues they can attribute to or possibly attribute to pst?

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree with 3 panadeine fortes relieving more pain than 1kg of seeds.

I find it amazing you get no pain killing qualities from 1kg pst.

Anyway, how long did it take, and at what doses where you consuming to produce these effects, 1kg of seeds once? That's it?

I get the same side effects everytime I take pst. I don't think I did in the beginning. I would have had over 100kg of pst by now. I think you might be asking is it a case of cumulative poisoning/sensitising. It might be.. My usual dose is prob 2.5kg over 2days morning/night redose. My skin/flesh starts deteriorating fast, and I have to give up doing pst for at least 2 weeks for some healing to take place.

I recognise also I may have an allergic reaction unique to me. But i'm interested to see if anyone has PST side effects they don't get with other opiates that could be attributed to toxins in pst.

As for pain, I"M constantly amazed how this shit doesn't work for me. Minor/moderate dental/jaw pain feels just as painful, panadeine forte [3] or 2x endone makes a difference.

Well I certainly hope you didn't use that piece of string your standing on to strangle your foot and stage that photo.

No, look, I kid.

Maybe source of seeds could be an issue too.

I haven't heard/read anything along these lines. It sounds pretty scary. Have you been properly checked out?

Wow I've never seen that before. I've used lots of PST and never had any swelling, never even heard of it either. I personally wouldn't continue to use it if I had effects like that. You could end up with swelling of the throat/tongue while you're stoned on the tea and die.

PST has a wide range of alkaloids. It's not surprising that someone might have a reaction to it and have no problem with other opiates.

Could it be some kind of allergic reaction? Or histamine response? Your dose is pretty huge, do you have a significant tolerance to opiates? Toxic effects have to do with dose. Did you used to take a smaller dose when you weren't having this problem?

As for pain killing properties I think PST is very good. Had a killer toothache (needed a root canal) and it worked far better than what the doc prescribed me (codeine)

Paracetamol is a pretty great pain killer. Lots of people underestimate it because it's looked at as so weak to be almost useless. Try taking some plain paracetamol and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Agree with Christ! in thinking it's an allergy to something in PST. That's such an extreme response.

WHy it happened now and not before is a bit of a mystery. Possibly you have a virus of sorts which is irritated by the PST.

Fluid retention can be a sign of serious kidney issues. I've never heard of PST causing severe kidney damage, but maybe something else you've taken. Either way, I hope you get better soon. That sounds really awful.

The question is , are you getting fucked up off the poison of the Tasmanian blue thebaine popppy and fucking up your body in the process

Sorry for double posting, but I wanted to address this separately. The notion of the high thebaine strain of poppy getting around and causing havoc is very persistent, but I don't think I've seen even a single confirmed case of the thebaine variety making it out of the compounds in which they're grown and into home-growers back yards.

I've posted a few times a paragraph from the Tasmanian Government website which states that the high morphine strain seeds are washed and then distributed for culinary use, while the thebaine strain seeds are destroyed.

I'd say it's likely an allergic reaction based on our having exhausted alternate explanations rather than anything clear showing that it's an allergy.

ebola