• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea questions

ironguillotine

Greenlighter
How long do you guys think poppy seed tea withdrawals last? My last dose was Saturday night and as of right now it is Thursday night around 9 pm. All I've had were very very minor chills and some sneezing and itchy throat , very slight sweating also, and as of today all I had was sneezing but could be due to allergies. If I dosed tonight would that set me back? I actually have one last container , my store stopped supplying poppy seeds. I've been able to sleep every night BTW.

If it's anything like pods w/d a couple of weeks...it will take a 2-3 days to come on, or it did for me anyway. I switched to kratom(I bought a pound of bali) and it helped, although I was still not feeling compelty all there for a week, 2nd week it got better with the Kratom..IMO(I might get flamed) Kratom does not have that much w/d and it's REALLY short, it's like having a mild cold and lack of motivation(for me anyway). I would suggest getting some if its legal in your state, it helped me greatly...but then I just started doing oxy with it then oxy and other opiates full time, so it was kinda pointess,lol. But just don't do that, get some kratom,take enough to feel well and use it for a week or two then get loperamide(anit-shit pills) or skip the kratom and just get loperamide, honestly it will proby help more than kratom...do some research on loperamide.

Yeah , but as of right now I feel 100 and I have been digging up old threads that talk about PST withdrawal and for many their withdrawals kicked in either the next day or day after their last dose and its been 5 days. I tried kratom but it had no effect , and I took 10mg loperamide monday

Hmmm, see I dunno about seeds really(though I'm debating getting some in the next month or so, always used pods but there to priey now, might as well go get just some 60 or 100mg morphines and chew all them up for a long high...or the other way but the thing about seeds/pods is they last so long, but no rush. Anyway the amount of alkoids vary from batch to batch so we can't really answer that.

I just wanted to make sure because tonight is the only night I'll be able to dose in a long while. Too many things coming up

I actually signed up for this forum after having been lurking here for years to comment on this. I switched from PST to PPT about a year ago, because I was needing about 3 or 4 pounds of seeds to keep a maintenance dose. (This is in addition to getting rx'd 60 20mg generic opanas that I put up my nose in about 4 days at the beginning of each month, then transition back to tea). Ive got a national qualifier bodybuilding show coming up in the next couple months, in addition to the fact I was dropping about a grand a week on pods (for 14 pounds), opiates fuck with your physique, make muscles flat, make cutting fat more difficult, and make you injure yourself more frequently. It was time to stop. Its currently 9am Friday morning. My last full dose of pods was Sunday afternoon, 5 days ago. I had never withdrawn off this high of a dose of pods before, and had read that whether its pods or seeds tea, I was in for several weeks of wanting to die (Ive done the dope and oxymorph cold turkey, I was expecting that for about ten times as long). I did a rapid taper (quarter dose Tuesday mid afternoon), then a half of a rewash of those grinds last night (had a dinner with family thing). I had some serious restless legs Tuesday night (fiance gave me a shot of phenergan IM, and I took a handful of benadryl, so I dont know which caused it but Im banking on the benadryl) but other than that, just a couple .1mg clonidine tabs a couple times a day, and some temazepam under the tongue at night to knock out.

I know everyone says stay the fuck away from adderall or any type of speed during detox/wds but I took one yesterday just because I wanted to get the fuck up and do something, and felt a little nasty at first but I was able to get some shit done. My brain didnt feel like it was stuffed full of fucking mud either.

My point is this: I thought I was in for the hardest detox Ive ever been through (which is why I put it off so long), but with a few of the basic measures we take for any opiate detox (alpha, beta blockers and a benzo for sleep), this was the easiest for me. We arent all wired the same, and Im taking what most people would consider huge doses of anabolic steroids, which I dont know if that has an effect or not, but Id do this detox over H or oxymorph 8 days a week. Ive got a box of about 5 pounds of pods sitting in the kitchen cupboard Ive had absolutely no desire/longing to touch. Good luck to all of you.

I didn't dose last night seeing that It was getting so late. I woke up tired and groggy but other then that I feel perfect. Feels good. Oh and the grogginess has always happened to me even before opies

A week at most but could be a little longer depending on usage and length of use. I believe a lot of people are opiate naive or inflating it in their minds that it's like methadone or something where it lasts months but that's bullshit. Now PAWS yes indeed, definitely but you can get that from anything even short acting stuff like heroin. The PAWS won't go away for about 6 months and is one of the biggest hurdles to quitting.

The flu like symptoms will end in a week. If you use it won't necessarily set you back if the dose is low enough but if you use more than once in a week your up for withdrawal again.