• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea - myoclonic jerks

noone1

Bluelighter
A while ago the source of seeds got changed around here, they have a different effect than the relaxing mellow glow that the old ones did. These are the seeds that where going around a few years ago they are bitter as hell and provide a stimulant kick that keeps you up and nods you out. Particularly they give me myoclonic jerks real bad--I'm nodding off all night and jumping out of bed, disturbing my partner and smashing my face against things.

I've done a lot of searching and just can't tell if these seeds are particularly high in morphine content or thebaine. Many people speculate thebaine but I can't find much info on thebaine except some people swearing that there is no high and that is a poison.

Is this too speculative ? If it is close it, I realize no one can tell me whats' in the seeds nor am I asking but does being sped up all night and having myoclonic jerks a side effect of too much oral morphine? I mostly only find stuff about IV Ods which involve respiratory depression and turning blue. Myoclonic jerks are annoying as hell.

"...thebaine is chemically similar to both morphine and codeine, but has stimulatory rather than depressant effects. At high doses, it causes convulsions..." - wiki

It seems that the best hypothosis would be, the thebaines dirtying your morphine and codeine high. Id find a new source or another opioid to use.

I would toss that batch. I had a *bad* grand mal siezure( almost died ) from a high thebaine batch of Ptea a few years ago. If you are smashing your head in your sleep you're headed for possible disaster. When I had my thebaine seizure it was during sleep. Something about thebaine's spastic properties and sleep make for bad shit

I would toss that batch. I had a *bad* grand mal siezure( almost died ) from a high thebaine batch of Ptea a few years ago. If you are smashing your head in your sleep you're headed for possible disaster. When I had my thebaine seizure it was during sleep. Something about thebaine's spastic properties and sleep make for bad shit

Damn dude I hope you're okay. Looks like I'll just have to way underdose if I decide to do it again, ahem. I'm still not entirely convinced it's thebaine so much as the side effect of high levels of oral opiates. Also I was being a little bit over dramatic in the past I have smashed my face because of the jerks but it was linked to being up for days and nodding out.

None of the videos of myoclonic jerks or convulsions match what happens when I take them. Hypnogogic jerks and jerking out of a nod fits the bill more.

Oh well. Shit. Junky logic.

Thanks. I wonder if this is why I LOVE drinking when I take these.

I have always argued this point. Firstly, poppy seeds are almost always washed, so you are washing already washed seeds. Unless the PST user is extremely new to opiates, the amount of seeds you would need to get a morphine high, would firstly finish the shops stock for the week (which raises eyebrows) and secondly would be grossly outdone by the ridiculous amount of thebaine that would come with it. If you use a lower amount of seeds with, having used strong opiates in the past, you will feel the mellow glow followed by dizzy sickness/symptoms you have described which is directly attributed to thebaine. That speedy, dizzy/sick and dirty feeling is not the morphine content.

The one thing I have found PST very, very useful for (more than Lope) is WD...man, does it basically stop them in their tracks (for a while) or what? :)

I have always argued this point. Firstly, poppy seeds are almost always washed, so you are washing already washed seeds. Unless the PST user is extremely new to opiates, the amount of seeds you would need to get a morphine high, would firstly finish the shops stock for the week (which raises eyebrows) and secondly would be grossly outdone by the ridiculous amount of thebaine that would come with it. If you use a lower amount of seeds with, having used strong opiates in the past, you will feel the mellow glow followed by dizzy sickness/symptoms you have described which is directly attributed to thebaine. That speedy, dizzy/sick and dirty feeling is not the morphine content.

The one thing I have found PST very, very useful for (more than Lope) is WD...man, does it basically stop them in their tracks (for a while) or what? :)

As someone who has been around the block a couple of times when it comes opiates; pharms, BTH/EC powder, methadone and suboxone maintenance. You simply have never come across seeds worth anything.

Small update. I have tried lower doses with good effects (but it's easy to slip and take too much) I don't know if it's thebaine, or a combination of many slight opiates but I do feel energetic not really "stimulant" energetic and I have felt this energy with other opiates not just seeds. The seeds where interesting, extremely bitter tasting as far as I can tell from research Thebaine isn't really supposed to taste like anything except astringent which I'm not getting..

I wonder if it could be something like codeine that has a ceiling effect. All of the side effects I look up are linked to high doses of opiates and nodding out, I don't enjoy nodding out and don't do it often. Even just taking a good sip produced extreme opiate intoxication,dilated pupils, etc.

Of course unless someone decides to take multiple batches to a gas spectrometer we'll probably never know. Another thing is the thebaine high seeds are on a patent.

More later, maybe.

I get these, too. Lately I've been getting pretty severe ice pick headaches and a feeling of clouded head, is this from thebaine? Is it a dangerous reaction? I hate the feeling but for a while it seemed like the lesser evil when compared to loperamide.

I grind my seeds down, then pour boiling water. stir and let sit for 15min. stirring here and there. love the stirring feeling.. that morphine is being washed out. then drink. u get mellow within 30min. in 1 hour, full high, knodding. feels good. but I get anxiety if I don't keep taking during the day. I also get insomnia from it when it's suppose to be an insomnia drink. they said its the thebaine inside that stimulates you and keeps u up all night. how do you remove/destroy the thebaine but keep the other goody alkaloids such as morphine?

I tried washing my seeds then boiling the tea for 10 min. they said thebaine breaks down (destroyed) at 130-160 degrees while morphine much later at 400 degrees. didn't work . I felt all jittery after . as if there was even more thebaine in my tea and only morphine was destroyed

I just baked my pst in preheat oven 450 degree, then leave for 10 min, 250 degree. does this sublime all the thebaine and leaves morphine ? this is suppose to be a morphine extraction method.

I'm new here to bluelight.org and am looking for an alternative to Oxycodone for spine/joint pain. Tired of the roller coaster ride affect day after day. After 3 1/2 years on this crap, my general health has been comprimised. My question to you is can I learn to use thebaine in place of Oxy? I also take Maxalt for Migraines and Zanisamide for Myoclonic Jerks.

I'm new here to bluelight.org and am looking for an alternative to Oxycodone for spine/joint pain. Tired of the roller coaster ride affect day after day. After 3 1/2 years on this crap, my general health has been comprimised. My question to you is can I learn to use thebaine in place of Oxy? I also take Maxalt for Migraines and Zanisamide for Myoclonic Jerks.

Thebaine isn't used medically at all, it's used to synthesize drugs like oxycodone. The only way you could get a hold of it would be to extract it from poppies yourself. If it has any painkilling properties at all, I would imagine it is very weak. Generally thebaine is something people would want to get rid of, not take purposely - I'm pretty sure it can cause convulsions and seizures.

If you think you need a change in medication for pain-management the person to talk to would be your doctor.

Welcome to BL :)

Last edited:

There's absolutely no therapeutic potential in Thebaine. It causes deadly seizures. Where did you get the idea of using it for pain?

Small doses of Thebaine make it into Poppy Seed/Pod Tea, and even at those tiny doses it causes anxiety and discomfort for a lot of people.

I grind my seeds down, then pour boiling water. stir and let sit for 15min. stirring here and there. love the stirring feeling.. that morphine is being washed out. then drink. u get mellow within 30min. in 1 hour, full high, knodding. feels good. but I get anxiety if I don't keep taking during the day. I also get insomnia from it when it's suppose to be an insomnia drink. they said its the thebaine inside that stimulates you and keeps u up all night. how do you remove/destroy the thebaine but keep the other goody alkaloids such as morphine?

That's really unnecessary.

Put the seeds into a 2L bottle and add water/lemon juice an inch above the seeds. Shake it for 1 minute, slightly untwist the cap and drain the liquid. Repeat the process again. The second strain yields 20-40% of alkaloids in comparison to the first one. If the seeds are high quality, even the third strain will yield some.

I get the feeling that when you do it your way you end up with more Thebaine. It also tastes like absolute shit since having the seeds in liquid for more than a couple of minutes releases the oils and gives it a white-ish tint. Plus the warm water makes it taste disgusting.

The opiate alkaloids are on the outer layer of seeds. There's absolutely nothing inside of the seed, there's no need to grind them. You probably lose alkaloids by boiling them.

Seriously, there's absolutely no need in doing all that you do. I'm not trying to be rude.

I didn't check but the degradation temp of ~400 degrees for morphing is most likely situated on the celsius scale, while the poster who mentioned using a conventional oven (my assumption) is most likely in fahrenheit, this would possibly work for those trying to degrade or sublime/boil of the thebaine, but to what end result? And where does codeine lay in this picture?

Just thought I'd try to clear that up for anyone confused about that conflicting info (when read literally)

Last edited:
I feel I have successfully removed most of the thebaine in my pst drinks. I do a hot water extraction. 2x as well because you still get a good amount of morphine on your 2nd wash. I stir and let the seeds sit for only 10min before extraction. then I bake my tea in a preheated oven of 370f. (I found in chemistry books online that thebaine sublimes at 356f and morphine at 374f). I let the drinks bake for 10min. then filter out all the residue before drinking. since then, I'm able to sleep after the high wears off. I don't get nervous from it anymore. the high was lighter so I had to increase the amount of seeds. but overall I was able to get the same knod feel with out the stimulating and anxiety feel. so I feel my method def worked . if anyone is sensitive to thebaine. try my method . let me know if it works for you. good luck. happy drinking

Last edited:
But water wouldn't be able to boil over 100 Degrees Celsius no? (212 Fahrenheit)

I feel I have successfully removed most of the thebaine in my pst drinks. I do a hot water extraction. 2x as well because you still get a good amount of morphine on your 2nd wash. I stir and let the seeds sit for only 10min before extraction. then I bake my tea in a preheated oven of 370f. (I found in chemistry books online that thebaine sublimes at 356f and morphine at 374f). I let the drinks bake for 10min. then filter out all the residue before drinking. since then, I'm able to sleep after the high wears off. I don't get nervous from it anymore. the high was lighter so I had to increase the amount of seeds. but overall I was able to get the same knod feel with out the stimulating and anxiety feel. so I feel my method def worked . if anyone is sensitive to thebaine. try my method . let me know if it works for you. good luck. happy drinking

Interesting. I would try it but it's changed again recently, feels like high morphine content now. Very sedating, anti-depressant properties. One of the things I hate about PST is how unpredictable it is.

I have the same problem with PST....JERKS
The first week or two are great...and then the jerks begin.

Every time I would start to fall asleep I would kick violently waking myself up.
My "nod" turned into a "jerk"
My wife could not sleep in the same bed with me.

Then I began to jerk during the day while I was wide awake....super weird.
The Jerks were my main reason for quitting. (I was washing 5-10lbs a day)

Also I would like to add: anyone who says seed tea is weak is completely ignorant. PST is easily one of the hardest hitting longest lasting opiates that I have ever tried. I would leave bottles of Oxy and Hydro untouched for weeks while high on PST.
I would guess one 5lb bag is equivalent to around 300mg ER morphine or more.

@Sleepdust I believe the ice pick headaches are from too much / near overdose