• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Seed Tea - how is metabolied in body and what shows on drug tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkaya

Greenlighter
Hi guys first of all I want to clarify this is NOT a topic for drug test cheating but to UNDERSTAND how Poppy Seed Tea (PST for short) is metabolized and what exactly shows on drug tests. I did some research before I post but I couldn't find any specific information or answer to my questionsand almost every site says something different. Some articles just say it turns into opiates but nothing specific, other say it turns into morphine / codeine / both or some claim it even turns into heroin... I take Norco for pain but I also make myself about 1 lbs. of PST a day because it helps me to control the hydrocodone's carving and my doctor KNOWS that I am taking PST so I am NOT taking it without his knowledge.
What I want to know is:
1. Into what exactly is the 1lbs PST I take metabolized in my body - morphine, codeine, morphine AND codeine or heroin (which I doubt it) ?
2. In case of drug test, how can doctors determine if somebody consumed Poppy Seed foods/tea or took morphine pill? Or they can't? For example - In my case If I take 60mg morphine and next day I am asked to do drug test, will my doctor know that I specifically took morphine or because of his knowledge that I take PST every day he won't notice it/make the difference that I took itif both show up as morphine?

Again, I am NOT trying to cheat anything, I just want to understand how it works, how the PST is metabolized in my body and how doctors can distinguish the difference between poppy seeds and morphine in case of a drug test. The last one I am asking especially because I've read articles where mothers ate few poppy seed bagels 1 day before giving birth and the authorities took their newborn baby because they showed up positive for morphine in the hospital and had a lot of trouble until were able to prove they didn't take any morphine. Also few people who lost their jobs, including a police officer again because eating poppy seed bagel. Which makes me thing that maybe it's not that easy to determine if somebody took morphine or just poppy seed foods, but I may be wrong, that's why I am asking and I'm very curious how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.