• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Poppy seed tea. Has anyone given it a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
200g isnt enough seeds bobby. 720 is a nice easy amount to get and seems to work well for me.

My strategy:

1. pour all the seeds into a large 3 ltr bottle using a funnel (you can get big 3 ltr bottles of water from Coles. They work a treat).
2. pour in warm (almost hot) water so its about an inch over the seeds.
3. open the timer on my iphone and shake the bottle (now with seeds and warm/hot water) for 5 mins.
4. now stop the timer, open the bottle and pour in some citric juice. I occasionally squeeze lemon juice from those convenient yellow bottles, but usually I use grape fruit (GFJ) juice for obvious reasons.
5. shake for another 5 mins.

DONE.

The reason I shake for for 5 mins before adding citrus is because I like to see how brown the liquid gets. The browner and less transparent the liquid the better the seeds (in my experience anyway), and then obviously when you add your citric acid (juice/squeezed lemons/whatever-the-fuck) it adds its own colouration that disguises the true colour of the liquid.

Then just do the usual method of slightly loosening the lid and squeezing into a big enough container. I use a big fat beer glass and periodically stop squeezing and pour the liquid from the glass into an empty scotch bottle using the funnel.

When I drink it later Ill usually add GFJ for taste and possible potentiation. The ratio of GFJ/PST is about 30/70. Ive grown to somewhat enjoy the taste.

Also scull that shit down so the morphine hits you all at once. Its easy to forget and treat it like a beverage that youre drinking for refreshment. Throw that brew down your gullet as quick as possible!

Does anyone hear have any information regarding calcium content of poppy seed tea? I just realized that poppy seeds have a fairly high calcium content, and I'm wondering how much (if any) of this gets into the tea. I'm even considering running a calcium test on the tea, using a kit intended for titrating calcium concentration in aquarium water. I already take calcium supplements, and I want to see if there is potential harm here from either hypercalcemia or perhaps increased risk of forming kidney stones.

Yeah hypercalcemia is no fun that's for sure. Would also be interested to know.

I'd guess not much of the calcium would be getting into the tea, but as above that's a wild guess.

I think some heavy metals also concentrate in poppy seeds? Have read a few things about it, but nothing solid on how much or how much would get into a brew while making tea.

yeah there are some fucked up things in poppy seeds (as well as nutrients) but if you do the wash properly (ie very fast) you shouldn't have anything leaching from the inside of the seeds into the solution. if you do it too slowly and the seeds become saturated, they put oils into your 'tea', and if you did it for long enough you might end up with things like calcium going into the brew.
but if you do it right, there should be little risk of this IMO.
the aim is to get what's on the outside of the seeds, definitely not the inside.

Yeah I was wondering what the real risk is, I suppose there has to be some leakage of calcium into the brew but going by the fact I've used the tea days in a row with no symptoms it can't be an excessive amount. I'm still interested in trying to find out exactly how much is getting into solution though.

Surely a negligible amount of calcium couldn't be a terribly bad thing? It is an essential nutrient and also an advertised benefit of being a component of a number of commercially available products. I guess I am either unlucky in compostition or acquisition because my attempts with PST have induced more nausea than notable opiate effects, probably a blessing in disguise given my love for CWE but I have not quite figured out the allure in this drug preparation.

^ Yeah I guess it's just not for everyone? It seems to work well for me luckily... to well...

Re the calcium, in the proper amount it would be fine and in fact I mos def need more calcium, but the recommended intake for a male my age is 1000mg (going off memory), whilst if I were to theoretically get all the calcium out the 500g of poppy seeds there could potentially be 6 grams which could be dangerous, particularly if use is regular, and could also increase the risk of kidney stones which I've heard are incredibly painful.

I have stumbled across the odd report of kidney issues with poppy pod or seed tea over the years. Seems to be more often than I've seen it mentioned for other opiates, but maybe that's just because I was mainly reading about PST/PPT :p Tried to do a google search and found a couple reports, but quite a few I remember reading I can't find...so yeah that probably doesn't help us in the slightest.

I think some water filters that you get (either in taps, or as those filter jug things) can filter out stuff like calcium.

Probably worth doing an analysis of PST, on different seed batches and methods of brewing. If only we had a bluelight laboratory for our own harm reduction related testing!

and I want to see if there is potential harm here from either hypercalcemia or perhaps increased risk of forming kidney stones.

Oh shit. That would be scary.

Ive come to the opinion that while PST is enjoyable and is valid as far as the effort involved and the pleasurable opiate effects one can get, it really isnt something that should be done on a regular basis. I dunno if its all the other alkaloid present in the seeds or what but I generally feel a shit load worse in the days following a decent session (like 1kg or so). Usually when I have this much I end up not being able to sleep that night (that weird semi-stimulant opiate feeling you get where you cant sleep.... not entirely unpleasant at the time).

But the next day Im usually pretty scattered (obviously due to the lack of sleep), but additionally just feel kinda shitty. Usuallly dehydrated and just a little icky/sick. I never get that from a solid CWE codeine session in 800mg range. And even after just one dose I often get slight withdrawals in the following days.

Anyway each to their own. I think for me once a month is a comfortable frequency.

I've heard about the calcium content too. That's why you don't soak it for long, the calcium content may be inside the seeds not around it like the morphine. That being said, cranberry juice is believed to reduce the risk of Kidney Stones.

Hey Pinkamga, I often get that stim effect. I think it usually when I have not gotten the best batch of seeds and it's like I'm half way there but not enough to nod out. I find when I hit the sweet spot and have done my technique well i have that stim effect for a few hours but after second wash am just itchy as all hell and in nod land, and have a mad night sleep and then often wake up for a few hours have cone and still nod all day the next arvo.

It's amazing as when it works and the seeds are potent how long it lasts, once I even had very very mild w/d and insomnia of just a single dose of PST. I'm glad that it is a bit inconsistent with batches as the potential for addiction is fuckin high when u have sweet seeds. I know never use PST without a 3 day break at least.

Hey all, just a few quick questions:) Im very familiar with nearly all opiates, illicit, prescriptions and natural ones. Have never made a PST before, I have a few friends from here who say its a lot better than Codeine itself not to mention easier and cheaper to obtain. Im getting worried with all the small ibuprofen content that is still present after an extraction even though its in very low amounts. Im also sick of doing pharm runs every single week. Its just too draining, keeping track of it all. So my questions would be the following:

1. What is the success rate with the "H...ts" brand poppy seeds from ur local supermarket?

2. My tolerance at the moment is about 700mg codeine (I feel it but its about a 4/10 on a high scale opposed to say a 7/10 when I first started lol)

3.How much should I make a tea out of? Would I even feel 300g of seeds? Ive got about 680g. I bought the 240g jars and few 100g packs, there exactly the same yeah?

4. Any tips when making it? I have read a lot of teks, anyone have any ones that are fool proof that works the best way? Im planning to soak them in room temp water (just to cover the seeds). How long to soak for? Some say soak for 20 mins all up shaking the hell out if it every 5 mins then unscrew cap and drain and repeat the again.

5. What is the likely hood that ill get sick from it particularly the next day? I cant afford to take days off at work atm,
What do u guys think? Cheers:)

Last edited:
There is heaps of info in this thread.
Rather than bumping it, perhaps you could read through it?

They are banning Codeine in Australia now, so can people please stop talking about the PST if the question is as stupid as the bump above? PST sucks anyway, tastes like shit and is only good to stop WD from other opiates. As a high it sucks.

There are 15 bloody pages on this thread alone, so use them instead of bumping the frickn thread. Why can't we just shut down the poppy seed threads? I mean there is a WEALTH of info out there.

On that note (which I entirely agree with) I'm going to close this sucker.

For further information, please read back on the dozens of pages in this behemoth, or the many threads that cover the same ground in OD or BD)

Status
Not open for further replies.