• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Pods for a long time heroin user who is now chipping - Worth it?

mankind

Bluelighter
I remember making poppy pod tea about 15 years ago when I first started down this mangled road of opiate addiction, and I remember thinking it was actually quite nice. I can't accurately assess it though because I don't know if it was because I was still in that romanticizing phase of opiate addiction, where a handful of norcos would put me in heaven. The past 15 years I've been on and off IV heroin and pretty much every other opiate. It doesn't matter if I stay clean for a week or 3 months, I still need 150mg of oxy to just feel it, and 300mg to feel pretty damn good (I use that as a point of reference because saying how much dope I do would be pointless due to quality).

My question is if poppy pod tea would even be worth it for someone in my position. For the past 6 months or so, I have been "chipping" with dope, oxies, fent, dillies, etc. I use once every 2 weeks or so. I actually hate chipping because it just seems like I am sick all the damn time, and just high for a day or two. The past week I have been giving thought to trying out the tea again, but I don't know if it would do anything at all since my tolerance seems to literally never go back down to zero, no matter how much time I am off (I attribute that to 2 years of methadone and 8 years of suboxone).

I think it would be nice to give it a try, but it seems like pods are actually pretty damn expensive. If someone has been in this position before and can offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I had a pretty substantial PPT habit for many years. It took 8mg subutex to feel well after I decided to jump off it. It depends on if you can find good pods. They are expensive now. I started during the e-bay days, when strong ass pods were dirt cheap. But I don't fuck with them anymore, so I can't help you there.