• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy pod withdrawal?

rachamim said:
All opiate/opooid w/d is EAXCTLY rhe SAME , save for intensity and length. Methadone has a couple of factors that make it a pretty unsavory expereincew but it is far less intense than heroin w/d. In the last 45 days I have w/d from methadone, pod tea, and morphine in that order. Morphine was by far the worst. Methadone did not cause diahrreah but morphine had me defecating on my leg in an ER.

Phrozen: Thanks.
Then you do agree that they can be different due to intensity and duration? Can Narcan, make the withdrawal from methadone as severe as heroin? Reason why I'm asking is because I recently overdosed on methadone and had to receive a shot of Narcan, which I know causes one to go into instant withdrawals.

Methadone would be worse with Narcan IF you were in OST. See, after 10 to 14 days of daily dosing, you have reached Optimum Dosing, or the Plateau Stage. At this point you have a resevoir of methadone within your system and combined with the substance's super high receptor affinity, you are fully locked, especially if above 70 mgs. Then Narcan can be horrendous. I still remember getting it for heroin, I wished I was dead.

rachamim said:
The thing is this: Tea is an extraction of a weak substance as is as compared to refined opiates/opioids. Average opium has a 10% morphine and less than 2% codeine content, yes? The average amount of opium in an unincised pod is from 10 to 100 milligrams so you are basically dealing with, at best, 10 mgs. of morphine per pod and you will not net that upon extraction. Following me so far?

If you drink say 20 pods a day, a fairly average amount from my expereience, you might be ingesting 175 mgs. of morphine ORALLY. Oral morphine is subject to First Pass Metabolism and is only about 35% effective (if I remember that percentage correctly). You do the math:

It is equal to 45 milligrams of IV morphine a day. Small household pets get more than that from vets so imagine? The w/d is nothing bad at all. I found it last time to be discofmorting mroe than emthadone but only because i have an unbelievable number of pods drying 4 provinces away. When you do not have any to do, and have now ay of getting any, the subjective w/d is not bad at all. Just be strong.

I just wanted to say that my PPT withdrawls were worse than anything i've ever experienced. Worse than the Klonopin withdrawls from a 3 mg a day dose.

PPT withdrawls can be tough. This is why I usually try to keep my usage of it to once or twice a week at most, and never more than 2 cups, at a time, probably 4 pods worth. I'll often make a whole coffeepot, and store the rest in a bottle after it cools. I also find that a small amount, say about 50ml or 2oz can help alieviate the diarreah from the w/d's.

rachamim: if what you say is true, then those who plug the tea should have much more withdrawal. Anyone find this?

Newmoonrecord said:
rachamim: if what you say is true, then those who plug the tea should have much more withdrawal. Anyone find this?

Who plugs PPT? I can't see how anyone could cram that amount of liquid up there; a highly concentrated dose (for me) is still nearly 2 cups of liquid. That wouldn't be fun...

why not?? i just boil the tea down to a couple of ounces (ie: 2 shots worth). You wouldnt believe how much of a decrease there is in the side effects, and in my experience, the rush is indistinguishable from IM or SC morphine. The bioavailability of oral morphine is somewhere around 20-30%. Rectally i believe your dose is at least doubled in effectiveness, if not tripled, because the morphine is going right into your bloodstream just like with a shot. I've found that rectal poppy tea causes very very few stomach problems (i cant stomach pod tea taken orally), and surprisingly, decreased constipation (maybe because it doesnt completely saturate the entire GI tract). I would still rate the side effects as identical to im,sc, or iv morphine, but by far less than pod tea.

Last edited:
It amazes me how many people are willing to stick nearly any substance up their ass in hopes of getting high. I wonder if anyone has ever tried nitrous up their ass before...

Why would plugging it be a bad idea? All you need to do is administer in very, very small amounts and do so very,very slowly.

As for bioavailability, on paper morphine has an oral percentage of 30% and rectal is a1:1, or also 30%. However, in reality rectal seems to be much higher when administered as I directed.

As for the last poster, if serious, you betray your ignorance in opiates/ioopioids anfd physiology in general.

All opiate/opooid w/d is EAXCTLY rhe SAME , save for intensity and length. Methadone has a couple of factors that make it a pretty unsavory expereincew but it is far less intense than heroin w/d. In the last 45 days I have w/d from methadone, pod tea, and morphine in that order. Morphine was by far the worst. Methadone did not cause diahrreah but morphine had me defecating on my leg in an ER.

save for intensity and length?......really. pods can cripple.

Is poppy pod withdrawals pretty bad? Can it be compared to any other opiate withdrawal? An if so what kind of opiate withdrawal does it compare to?
Its a mixture of morphine, codeine and other alkaloids. Ofc u gonna wd deprmding on the dose, tolerance, how long u been using etc.

Tbh, the withdrawals from different opiates do not feel the same. Say, oxycodone wds has a different feeling than morphine wds. Ewww makes me feel goosebumps just to think about it.

It's certainly possible to switch to a softer opioid and withdraw from that (e.g. Kratom). A mixture of alkaloids can actually be a plus, if you're lucky there are some NMDA antagonists in the mix.