• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

ponderings-where are they going?

^ But I'm doing almost 5 over the speed limit! Is that still not fast enough?

Did you not understand what I said? Let me try and explain better. I'm not asking you to go faster. I don't care how slow you go. But I want to go faster myself. And I can't do that if I'm stuck behind you. PLEASE just MOVE OVER to the roadside briefly and LET ME GO BY YOU. Then you can continue driving slow and I can drive faster. It seems like you're upset that I want to go faster than you and you want to force me to drive at your slow speed. If you do that, then I'll continue driving up your ass. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I want us both to drive at the speed we feel comfortable with. But for as long as I'm stuck behind you, we can't both do that. Only you can. I would like you to work with me and resolve the issue for both of us. So next time somebody comes up behind you and appears to be too close behind you, just pull over and let him go by! Problem solved. Thank you! :)

And what does speed have anything to do with while being stopped at a red light? We're not going anywhere, yet you continue to inch up until you are mere inches from my bumper!

When I come to a stop light, I approach the vehicle in front of me and stop before I hit them. Why do you care how close I am to you so long as I don't make any physical contact? Are you planning on getting out and crossing the street between our vehicles? When the light DOES change, it will only stay green for a predefined length of time. And we only have that much time to pass through the intersection. The faster you move through the intersection, the faster I can move through and the more vehicles will pass through before the light turns again and vehicles must stop. I'm close to the vehicle in front of me so I can be prepared to move through the intersection quickly. I'm trying to be courteous of the vehicles behind me so they can get through the intersection too. You may not have any place to go or have all the time in the world to drive around, but the rest of us are going someplace and our time is limited.

Did you not understand what I said? Let me try and explain better. I'm not asking you to go faster. I don't care how slow you go. But I want to go faster myself. And I can't do that if I'm stuck behind you. PLEASE just MOVE OVER to the roadside briefly and LET ME GO BY YOU. Then you can continue driving slow and I can drive faster. It seems like you're upset that I want to go faster than you and you want to force me to drive at your slow speed. If you do that, then I'll continue driving up your ass. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I want us both to drive at the speed we feel comfortable with. But for as long as I'm stuck behind you, we can't both do that. Only you can. I would like you to work with me and resolve the issue for both of us. So next time somebody comes up behind you and appears to be too close behind you, just pull over and let him go by! Problem solved. Thank you! :)
Ahaha, nicely put. This is why I now do pull over if someone is relentlessly riding my bumper.

When I come to a stop light, I approach the vehicle in front of me and stop before I hit them. Why do you care how close I am to you so long as I don't make any physical contact? Are you planning on getting out and crossing the street between our vehicles?
No, but suppose you get rear-ended: You're going right into me no matter how hard your foot's on the brake. And if you speed up slightly faster than I do from the stop, you're going right into me.

Not only that, but say you're inches from my bumper and the driver behind you is inches from yours. My car suddenly stalls and won't restart--How do you suppose you're getting around me? You're not, until the person behind you moves, and quite possibly the person behind him, and so on and so forth. :p Had you left just a tiiiny bit more room, you could've easily went around my jalopy.

When the light DOES change, it will only stay green for a predefined length of time. And we only have that much time to pass through the intersection. The faster you move through the intersection, the faster I can move through and the more vehicles will pass through before the light turns again and vehicles must stop. I'm close to the vehicle in front of me so I can be prepared to move through the intersection quickly. I'm trying to be courteous of the vehicles behind me so they can get through the intersection too. You may not have any place to go or have all the time in the world to drive around, but the rest of us are going someplace and our time is limited.
Do seconds really make that much of a difference in your morning commute? I know for mine, whether I do 49MPH on a route I take, or whether I do 42MPH ('cause I'm stuck behind someone going slower than me :p), I still get to my destination in 35 minutes. Sometimes 36 or 37, but in the long run, do those two minutes really make that big of an impact on your day? You should leave yourself more time in the morning to get where you need to go instead of riding my ass while driving / at the intersection. :p

Everyone is so obsessed with time. What is time? It is nothing but a man-made concept that fits in wonderfully with the lifestyle nowadays that one could describe as being part of "the rat race." Fuck the clock: You'll get there when you get there. :)

(For the record, I am not one of those people who are habitually late. Quite the contrary: I am normally a couple minutes early--It's rare that I am "on time."

"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be in deep shit" was the motto I grew up hearing, lol.)

not only do i wonder where theyre going but also where theyre coming from.. as we pass each other in the street its like a point in time where stories of our lives intersect for a second or two and then continue on in separate directions. its crazy to think about lol.

Ahaha, nicely put. This is why I now do pull over if someone is relentlessly riding my bumper.

Thank you for being courteous. I am considerate of other drivers too, but I cant help get irritated when somebody drives along like they own the road and they have a line of people behind them who want to go faster. Fuck what the speed limit sign says. There are some common sense rules of the road that we all should be aware of.

No, but suppose you get rear-ended: You're going right into me no matter how hard your foot's on the brake. And if you speed up slightly faster than I do from the stop, you're going right into me.

Suppose a giant meteor falls out of the sky and onto us. What do we do then? Who knows. But we don't worry too much about things that aren't likely to happen each morning. You don't have to worry about me rear-ending you unless you do something dumb like put the gas to the floor and then stomp hard on the brakes deliberately. I've got good reflexes.

Not only that, but say you're inches from my bumper and the driver behind you is inches from yours. My car suddenly stalls and won't restart--How do you suppose you're getting around me? You're not, until the person behind you moves, and quite possibly the person behind him, and so on and so forth. :p Had you left just a tiiiny bit more room, you could've easily went around my jalopy.

I'm willing to take my chances on that one. It doesn't happen often enough to be concerned about.

Do seconds really make that much of a difference in your morning commute? I know for mine, whether I do 49MPH on a route I take, or whether I do 42MPH ('cause I'm stuck behind someone going slower than me :p), I still get to my destination in 35 minutes. Sometimes 36 or 37, but in the long run, do those two minutes really make that big of an impact on your day? You should leave yourself more time in the morning to get where you need to go instead of riding my ass while driving / at the intersection. :p

I give myself plenty of time provide people don't hold me up. A few seconds delay can lead to missing a green light and falling behind more vehicles that make me miss more green lights and it ends up taking me twice as long to get to work.

Everyone is so obsessed with time. What is time? It is nothing but a man-made concept that fits in wonderfully with the lifestyle nowadays that one could describe as being part of "the rat race." Fuck the clock: You'll get there when you get there. :)

I plan my time and I have things to do, not just for me but for others too. I don't like to waste time for no good reason. Please understand that. My time is more or less valuable than yours. But let's respect each other. Because you want to take your time shouldn't mean I have to waste mine. Thank you! :)

(For the record, I am not one of those people who are habitually late. Quite the contrary: I am normally a couple minutes early--It's rare that I am "on time."

As am I. And I start to get a little anxious when somebody is going to make me late. [/QUOTE]

"To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is to be in deep shit" was the motto I grew up hearing, lol.)

And to be late because of somebody ELSE is maddening when I've done all my preparation to be on time. Because I'm the one who'll be held responsible for missing a a deadline.

Ever since I was little I would look at other people in their cars driving (not stalkerish looking lol). I would see them drive past and wonder where they're going? What's happening in their lives ect. My question is have you ever wondered this? Isn't it kind of freaky that they may be looking at us as if we are just another car passing by in their lives?

I think about this a great deal, in contexts outside of driving. I mean, I see myself a gestalt of memory and forgetfulness, hopes and fears, talents and weaknesses, patterns and contradictions, and find it safe to assume that everyone else is the same--which means that every single person I meet or see is a universe that I can only scratch the surface of, even if they're family. If you really think about, it's a terrifying and humbling concept, which is why I think it's so easy for people to fall into the comforting fiction of solipsism.

Ever since I was little I would look at other people in their cars driving (not stalkerish looking lol). I would see them drive past and wonder where they're going? What's happening in their lives ect. My question is have you ever wondered this? Isn't it kind of freaky that they may be looking at us as if we are just another car passing by in their lives?

I think about this a great deal, in contexts outside of driving. I mean, I see myself a gestalt of memory and forgetfulness, hopes and fears, talents and weaknesses, patterns and contradictions, and find it safe to assume that everyone else is the same--which means that every single person I meet or see is a universe that I can only scratch the surface of, even if they're family. If you really think about, it's a terrifying and humbling concept, which is why I think it's so easy for people to fall into the comforting fiction of solipsism.

I think outside of the car too. I picture everyone as a separate universe as well. It just freaks me out that everything going on in my life really means nothing to them. Yes, they may somewhat know but barely. We're all on our own separate roads and many are not willing to take a detour to stop and try to understand the other person's journey and they only care about them selves.