• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

ponderings-where are they going?

xstayfadedx

Bluelighter
Ever since I was little I would look at other people in their cars driving (not stalkerish looking lol). I would see them drive past and wonder where they're going? What's happening in their lives ect. My question is have you ever wondered this? Isn't it kind of freaky that they may be looking at us as if we are just another car passing by in their lives?

Sorry if its worded weird but yeah I would like to hear your opinions on this.

Last edited:
Lol, I've wondered the same thing.

Most people are so caught up in what they're doing / where they're going, they probably never stop to think of what/where others are.

Lol, I've wondered the same thing.

Most people are so caught up in what they're doing / where they're going, they probably never stop to think of what/where others are.

Yeah which is the sad thing that they're so caught up in their lives. I never seemed to be that way haha even when a car drove out of site I would be like dang... I will never see them again. Which I always found to be weird. Lol I probably sound crazy right now.

Well, it's a good thing you're not that way--I was that way at one point, but it was mainly due to the downward spiral caused by drugs. 8)

You don't sound crazy, just obscure--Which, isn't a bad thing. It's just that most people don't talk about things like this. I like talking about obscure things, lol.

Hooray for the anonymity of the Internet!

Well, it's a good thing you're not that way--I was that way at one point, but it was mainly due to the downward spiral caused by drugs. 8)

You don't sound crazy, just obscure--Which, isn't a bad thing. It's just that most people don't talk about things like this. I like talking about obscure things, lol.

Hooray for the anonymity of the Internet!

Yeah I am probably obscure. Haha but yeah I always wondered why people are even here on earth and why I am? Not because I don't want to live just because my mind likes to think about things most people don't.

Yeah good thing for the internet having some anonymity. And glad I'm not alone on thinking these things.

I don't care where they're going. I'm thinking more like....

WHY is he in the left hand lane if he's not passing anybody?!?!
WHY does she keep braking when there's nothing in front of her?!?!
WHY doesn't that person go when the light turns green?
WHY did she hurry through that intersection to get in front of me and then just putter along?!?!

WHY did she hurry through that intersection to get in front of me and then just putter along?!?!

Haha lol maybe its because I was the passenger in the car and still am sadly.

Haha lol maybe its because I was the passenger in the car and still am sadly.

Being a passenger in the car will definitely keep thoughts like AfterGlow's at bay, but so will a change in your attitude (no offense meant, AfterGlow). I used to get pretty pissy behind the wheel until I started to not let the petty flaws of our mode of transportation get to me. One thing that does still get to me sometimes is when people get too close behind me (while driving or while stopped at a traffic light). I understand it happens to the best of us to get too close by accident (I have depth perception issues when I don't wear my glasses lol), but if it persists, I've been starting to let people pass--Why should I be aggravated unnecessarily?

^Addictive I definitely agree with what you had to say. I know if I was a driving I probably wouldn't be allowed to wonder where everyone is going but even if I was sitting in my car in the parking lot I would see everyone pass by and wonder what they're doing in their life. I will be driving soon though (no car right now accident so mom couldn't teach me) I'll probably have to pay more attention to the road than my roaming thoughts. Also it does have to depend on the person's attitude..... Yet I use to find myself getting aggravated easily but now I just told myself that I didn't need to be upset over such little things.

Haha wear your glasses! They don't look bad on most people. I remember in elementary I pretended to have bad eyesight so I could get them. It took me till 6th grade to finally take my eye sight test right because I got tired of my mom telling me I had to wear them. The eye doctor was like wow that was a miracle for you to get your eye sight back.... SMH.

^ Once you start driving and get comfortable with it, you'll begin to be able to multi-task (like with anything else you get good at :p) and will find those wandering/wondering thoughts coming back. People often pass me while I'm doing a few above the speed limit (been lowering my speed considerably lately and am finding that too to make driving a hell of a lot less stressful--Who'da thunk it?) and I wonder where they could be going in such a hurry. Granted it could be for a very good reason, but I'm sure some people speed for the reason I used to: They're just in a hurry and want everything now now now, everything quick quick quick.

Lawl, I should wear my glasses, but the frames are lopsided from someone stepping on them, and the prescription is a wee bit outdated. I need to get in to the eye doctor's again and get glasses this time before my insurance runs out again. 8) My depth perception issues aren't that great until nightfall--Then I pretty much have to wear my glasses, lol. Though I try not to drive at night. /Rambling.

Yeah I bet ill be able to multi-task in no time and lol I'm afraid I will have a heavy foot. My mom does and she always gets annoyed by slow drivers but I hate the ones who ride your bumper (she does too). Hopefully I will not take on that family trait haha.

Your ramblings are fine with me. I've been ranting a lot in this thread but yeah hopefully you go to the eye doctor soon. They have some pretty nice looking ones now the last time I got my eyes checked. Except my eye doctor was like you had the best eyes I've seen today so guess I didn't need them.

One thing that does still get to me sometimes is when people get too close behind me (while driving or while stopped at a traffic light).

It's because I'm trying to tell you something. I'm in a hurry and you're holding me up. If you'd simply pull to the side and let me go by you, then I can go fast and you can go slow. And we'll both be happy. Thank you! :)

^ But I'm doing almost 5 over the speed limit! Is that still not fast enough? And what does speed have anything to do with while being stopped at a red light? We're not going anywhere, yet you continue to inch up until you are mere inches from my bumper!

I know what you mean! I don't even drive but that shit drives me nuts. Or when people get so angry they start speeding up and pass you in a no passing zone because they feel as if they have to be bad ass and do it.

When my friends and I used to blaze up and cruise around, we would wonder this. It's like our night was one story and each passing person or car was a whole new one, and they were all branching out and crossing over like an intricate web. Maybe one of those cars was full of stoners on their own little mission ;)

When my friends and I used to blaze up and cruise around, we would wonder this. It's like our night was one story and each passing person or car was a whole new one, and they were all branching out and crossing over like an intricate web. Maybe one of those cars was full of stoners on their own little mission ;)

I loved the way you described everyone branching out like a web. I would also think of myself being a story and everyone else being a different one.