Pointless survey - Tatoos?

I have 2.
An ohm symbol which means 'happiness' (it's not the actualy ohm symbol, but a different one...there is a whole language of them, as you probably know)that's on the inside of my left ankle.
The 2nd, is one I designed myself..hard to describe BUT, it's like a shooting star and it has the words "in stellae modo" written there... "Like a star" (the correct translation is "in the manner of a star"). That one is positioned on my side, a little bit higher than my hip and it sort of wraps around..
I love my tattoos. I want another now.
mona.

i have one tat... its on the lower part of my back right on the middle just before my butt... it's a tribal sun... the inside is red followed by a light purple ring and then a white ring and the rays are black.... takes up the whole middle area.... i love it... tats are addicting.... i want one on the nape of my neck.... a butterfly....

O.K.--I HAVE A TRIBAL PIECE ACROSS my lower back..(got it about 5 years ago) I finally ready for a new one..I wanted to get(i know it's played out) a tribal band around my bicep..wanted it for my 1st tattoo but..So my question is do you think it would be cheezzee if i got that done..???...or i was going for the outside of the shoulder..??Whata you think..???
NEED ADVICE---
peace
------------------
P.L.U.R.N.E.S.S
Peace-Love-Unity-Respect
Now-Everyone
Swallow-Simultaneously

Roll2Nite...I wouldn't do it. Be original. I know it's hard cause you've always wanted it. But now, everyone and their mom has that. Maybe it's cause I see all the guidos running around clubs with them, but they are way too common. Please don't take offense to that. I just know there's better out there. There's cool shit can do if you want a band around your arm. I've seen chinese characters wrapped around biceps that looks real good. Even wrapped artwork looks phat. Anything but tribal. Or if you want tribal, you can put it on another part of your bosy. Just my opinion. Be creative, there's too much art out there to just look like everyone else.

three tattoos...
a hot butterfly on my upper right back
a chinese character *LOVE* on my upper left arm
and a dollar $ign on my right ankle =X
hehe
.:pLUR:. lil kat

I have eight tats. tribal on my left ankle, tribal around my leg right below my knee. reptile scales around my entire shin. Giant cross on my back with the letter T.B.I.Y.T.C. (the best is yet to come) two tribals on both shoulder blades, and finally a big dragon that starts on my arm and goes across my chest. Still working on that one though. Color starts next friday.
cyas
omnEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have two, a dolphin on my hip (looks like he's jumping out of my bikini bottoms) and a circular vine (supposed to mean happiness) on my back in the middle just above my undies or bikini bottom.
My b/f has four, a tribal band around his bicep, a route 66 symbol above that an underwear tag (made in England) wear an underwear tag should be and a small yellow happy face inside his bottom lip (that one's hard to describe-hope you understand).
They're very addicting.
later,
Jenn

hey, tripEgirl~
I remember u asking about lower back tattoos a while back on the original bluelight. It wasn't so bad, was it? Glad to see i didn't scare u out of getting it
smile.gif

~dazi~
------------------
"One's mind,once stretched by
a new idea, never regains its
original dimensions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Hey Trip N Dazi!!! Girl, where do you hide out these days? Hee-Hee, I remember I asked if I should pop a hit before getting tattoed. I'm SO glad I listened to you guys! No, it wasn't bad. Just a little annoying. Mine's pretty big for my first one. It took 2 hours and worth every minute. Thanks for the warning. You're old school like me! I remember you from the original ClubNYC in Summer '98. Hey, where do you hang out now?

SPECIAL K-------
I got the brand at a body alteration shop, dont use the coat hanger/stove method. It doesnt get hot enough, and may hurt worse.
The way they did it was to take a stainless steel bit(it looked like a screwdriver head), and a blow torch. He drew the design on, then fired up the torch. He would heat the bit untill it was white, then "draw" the brand, about an inch at a time. Then he would reheat, and do it again. It took bout half an hour or so. It smells HORRIBLE, and it sounds like you are throwing a steak on a hot grill every time he touches you. It is around 1200 degrees, and it is hot enough that it stuns/kills the nerve ending pretty quickly. It still hurts, but its not unbearable. The real pain came about 3 weeks later, when it just got really numb, dull pain, 24 hours a day, like someone was giving me a tetanus shot that wouldnt stop.
But its different, so it was worth it.
OH- for reference, mine is about 4 inches top to bottom, and 3 inches wide. The bars in the letter are about 1/2 inch wide.
That size took bout half an hour
[This message has been edited by KnowYourRoll (edited 21 January 2000).]