• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Point me in the direction of the information to make a decision about the best type of kratom to use for symptomatic relief of opiate withdrawal

For what it's worth, and this is only my opinion, it doesn't really matter what the strain or the color is. It is the amount of grams you take that will help you. Not sure what drug you need relief from but if it's a strong opioid then you will need more. Codeine, not so much.

I have been taking it for 2 years and have tried every color and strain under the sun. Well, not all of them. It just doesn't matter which one I get they all feel the same to me. It's the dose that makes the difference. If it was heroin/fent you might need 10 grams every few hours. Codeine maybe 5 grams every few hours.

Start with a red strain. Dose 10 grams and see how you feel. They say red is more sedating but it isn't. This is how I break it down and what seems to be the consensus for most people.

1 - 3 grams mildly stimulating and mood enhancer
4 - 6 grams same as above but now the calming effect comes
7 - 10 grams and you may get very sleepy and relaxed
more than 10 grams ( if you can stomach it) and will probably start feeling like a vicodin.

The science seems to be that it is dose dependent and not color and strain dependent. I'm sure some vendors are better than others.

If the symptoms get bad you can also get an extract which will feel like 10 grams.

Good Luck