Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PMA - more info?

so as menitoned in this thread...
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001674.html
... "about 5-9% of the Caucasian population is deficient for this enzyme acitivity."
which means, i guess, that these people are doubly screwed, first in thinking they are taking MDMA ut in fact taking another, stronger substance that is harder to metabolize, and then not having the enzyme to deal with it anyway.

Johnboy: in the thread - Any good (MDMA) white mitsus around Melb at the moment?, you wrote "if it tests orange then just say no, it could be anything from a speed bomb to PMA"
So if PMA turns orange when tested, we have to be cautious that some 'thought to be speedbombs' may not necessarily be that at all. Therefore, even if we want a speedbomb, its best not to take it just in case?
That worries me a little. I understand that the chances are very slim for death by PMA, but it is more possible when a pill turns orange and most ppl regard it as just a speedy pill.
I don't know much about PMA. I have read this thread, but I still have questions, if anyone can help here:
How much PMA is required to kill? (How many tabs full for example).
Am I overeacting? PMA is not such a big deal, most peoples body's can tolerate it? The risk is extremely minimal like MDMA alergic rections.
I'd appreciate any info. I just hope it ain't a big deal.
smile.gif
Jaff

the answers to both your questions are in the info above but i'll translate for you if you like.
at the moment we dont know for sure what an ez-test reaction to PMA might be. i am quizzing AJ about it but he's not a chemist, and he's trying to ask the chemists he knows.
see here
all that can be said with any cetainlty is that a purple/black reaction means one of three chemicals is present: MDMA,MDEA or MDA, and that the chance of dangerous adulterants is much lower than with a pill that test orange.
so, as DoC so beautifully put it "Always bet on black"...
now this gets into your dosage question. drugdustbin's reference above states:
Toxic doses seems to vary between 180-450 mgs (normal dose 50-80 mg). In these cases usually several tablets or capsules were ingested. Tablets or capsules ingested contained 50-90 mg of PMA.
now we can never be sure what a "normal" dose is, ie what's in each pill. but i think we all agree that mr happy valley death went way hard, and consumed at least 4 of some pill.
the problem seems to be that PMA does not have a standard dose response across all people.
This shows that PMA metabolism can vary from individual to individual, which can have important implications, particulary in relation to variations in response to the drug.
one pill seems unlikely to be of great danger, two or more might be. especially if these PMA pills are combined with other substances, particularly DXM. it just means your body is working twice as hard as if it was dealing with just one chemical.
the moral to all of this is you never know 100% whats in a pill. taking precautions like avoiding "orange" pills and not mixing pills will go a long way to keeping you safe.
if you want that "speedy" experience my only advice is to get some speed. works out cheaper and you are far less likely to get it adulterated with something nasty. at worst you'll maybe buy some amphetamine adulterated with a whole lot of icing suger
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 17 May 2000).]

*bump* i guess this is now our PMA faq... please keep it bumped

commenting on the orange reaction = "speed BOMB".
Think about that term, it says it all.
Orange doesn't imply pure speed; i mean theres debate as to what speed is anyway: amphetamine or methamphetamine??, throw pseudoephedrine in there too as has been claimed on other threads.
Then theres PMA; just another amphetamine; and theres a host of others.
Hence perhaps we should remember that word bomb, which we all use; implying an EXPLOSIVE CONCOCTION OF DANGEROUS CHEMICALS
the amount of speed bombs out there is ridiculous and seemingly increasing;
the amount of unquestionably pure amphetamine/methamphetamine ONLY pills;
probably in the same quantities as pure MDMA pills!
Think about that when u next think of taking a pill which tested orange, and don't say thats ok, i'm happy with speed tonight...
Sure MDXX substances have the suffix amphetamine but its the MD prefix which is important, and its ONLY the MD prefix that causes the unmistakenable purple/black reaction.

Pills that EZ test orange suck! Why do these fucking dealers continue flogging em, because people keep buying em!!! Why don't you idiots buying amphetamine pills just buy some speed? You should get better stuff, cut with less shit (debatable I know).
If demand for speed bombs isn't there then people will stop making em so much...at the moment it is just easy money for all the backyard labs and producers. Perth is fucking rife with speedy pills and it sucks!
Your duty as a bluelight member is to get an EZ test and only by black!!! *grin*
smile.gif

lets set the standard.
Big up yourself...respect!
Aus
smile.gif

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who has spent their time researching stuff for this thread. It's mucho appreciated and has inspired me to start doing some more reading.
One thing: A few weeks ago a pill report was posted by Dionysuschild about Light Green Rolling Stones (i tried to link, but it just takes you to the main menu anyway)
The took the pills without testing them first and rated them an 8,
"15 of us, all long time rollers (late 20's to mid 30's)ALL rated this the best pill to date, however as I couldn't test it I'll rate it 8 (test to come). All Dropped 1/2 pill first up, seemed to hit us all at the same time,(around 45min), really Euphoric/lovey start - then we dropped the other half and some 1/2 hour or so later more intense
Euphoria - then they got really dancy. Lost count of the amount of times we peaked, 5+. I dropped 2 pills starting at 11pm and was still going at 4pm next afternoon, those who took more (3-4)were still going when I bugged out at 7pm. Come down was really cruisy, however they are pretty strong, so you need to take in 1/2's or plug - those that took wholes had some early problems with the rush. (Also a few who had them at Inquisition commented that they are missing a few hours)
In Summary:A great pill, really chatty & lovey but also kept us dancing all night with lots of peaks with a cruisy landing - leading to a sensational roll. "
The thing is, the pills ended up testing orange... what were these pills then? Could they have been just a high dose of Methamphetamine? Or something else? PMA maybe? This is where I get confused. IS the overall PMA experience bad? Have there ever been any GOOD reports from it?
I'm not asking if this stuff is or isn't ok to take, I am now fully aware of its dangers, just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with it...hmm..then again, if they did, they probably wouldnt even know it was PMA (wouldnt question the pill's quality etc etc)
blah.
but thanks for all the info boys and girls
smile.gif

Cheers,
mona.

Heya Mona,
This link to the PMA (4-MA) page in PiHKAL may assist you. The dosages are 50-80mg, which caused mostly increases in blood pressure and nervous system responses, but no real psychedelia.
Hope that helps,
BigTrancer
smile.gif

quick update: phreex has just posted in the pill testers forum that PMA should give no reaction to PMA. i going to chase up verification on this, but i think for the oment i'll stick with saying always bet on "black"...

worthy of bump - and I've noticed quite a few moderators mention that it does indeed test clear.

i have a major problem believing it tests clear.
The orange reaction to speed cannot surely be unique to methamphetamine, otherwise all these orange testing speed bombs would contain meth.
PMA is almost identical to amphetamine with one small difference. I think the E-Z tester reacts with the general amphetamine part of the molecule (all amphetamine have this inc. MDMA etc) to give the orange reaction.
The difference of PMA, that para-methoxy bit is on the opposite side and shouldnt alter anything.
Hence as PMA has this as well it would have to go orange, i cannot see how it wouldn't react.

i believe you biscuit, but i am also tending to beleve the clear result, mainly due to the number of pills i have seen in the last few years that gave a clear reaction and yet were psychoactive in a way similar to MDMA, much as PMA has been described... the olympics series is the one i can remember most clearly... this is anecdotal i admit but until we can get a real answer i'm betting on black everytime...

------BENT------
i know the yellow 69's you're talking about, i had them myself... the first time i had yellow 69's they were great, the second time i had hot flushes, heavy head/body, no euphoria at all etc etc. Everyone i spoke to about it said they would have contained PMA...
*Also* i bought a Raiden a few months back, i'm not sure if it was PMA but everyone i know who took them (about 6 people) all spewed off them, and these are heavy pill-poppers. I was dead tired b4 i took it and it did nothing to keep me going, just gave me a mass headache.

*bump* please, everyone remember that these pills are still out there and we dont know for sure how they test.
please stick to pills that give a purple/black reaction whereever possible and avoid mixing pill types.
ta

just say NO to PMA !
smile.gif

------------------
I am the God of Hell-Fire!

uh yeah, but that would be a bit easier if we knew what we were looking for...

*bump* these pills are still out there...
and i'd say we are now about 90% sure that a tester will give no reaction to PMA

this was in the "New to XTC" PMA FAQ and i thought i'd reprint it here:
Mr Sticky:
I think PMA is supposed to be somewhat hallucinogenic as well; however I believe it releases massive amounts of serotonin (so it should be an empathogen), but doesn't allow the reabsorption of it, causing serotonin syndrome. That is what kills people...I think. Please feel free to correct me.
Drug Dustbin:
Yes, Mr. Sticky, PMA releases serotonin and (competitively?) inhibits its reuptake. PMA is also selective MAO-A inhibitor (MAO-A metabolizes norepinephrine and serotonin).

hmm this suprises me sounds more like MTA.
i would have thought that PMa doesnt do a lot to serotonin but its the massive dopamine release and possibly inhibiting its repuptake that causes death.
the symptoms described are far more like an amphetamine overdose, rapid heart/respiration eventually death etc than serotonin syndrome/overheating causing death etc.

nemo: if they're the same raidens as were around sept-dec last year, they tested green (indicating 2cb-like substance) and had all the effects of 2cb (if they didn't make you sick)