• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Please tell me what just happened... IV'd with very odd effects

Big Pinkie

Greenlighter
Hey there!
I know this is my first post here, however I have been on this forum for years just reading.
Today I would like to ask a question because I had some very odd, and slightly scary, effects after IV'ing.

To start off, I just IV'd some amphetamines (adderall). Yes I understand that almost everyone who has tried this has failed to enjoy it or find it even slightly pleasurable, however, I do. I don't do it often but when I do I make sure to take the necessary precautions (or at least as much as you can when IV'ing pills of any kind) as always. I've been an IV drug user for probably around 5 years now, first starting with Heroin and then moving on to several other drugs over time. I'm clean from Heroin now for about a year and a half, however I do still enjoy using needles a lot and have yet to fully give up the needle thus far.

Now I just did a shot and I hit the vein almost immediately (note I was not in very deep) and shot it. Now as soon as I finished the shot my hand became very very hot for a few seconds and then quickly went away. I also noticed the blood was a pretty bright compared to normal. I understand that when you hit an artery something very similar to this happens: hand becomes very hot and possibly red, the hand swells very large very quickly, the blood is bright red, etc. I've it an artery a couple times in the past by mistake but this felt slightly different. I also don't have any swelling at all, the hotness went away quickly, and the needle definitely wasn't all that deep (very close to the surface of the skin) even though the blood seemed bright red.
Now does anyone know or have any possibly ideas as to what I may have done? I've never experienced something like this before since my other two times hitting arteries were much much worse.

Thanks!

If your shot was small, well filtered and at near physiological pH you could have hit a small auxiliary artery and not caused any damage to the capillaries or possibly nicked a nerve on the way out ? If there is no irritation or swelling to speak of then all the better.
It is also easy to infiltrate a vein and enter the artery just below in the hand and wrist region.

1-7-1.jpg

Thanks! yeah it was in my forearm area, closest to the ulnar artery and vein area. Just a bit higher up.

However I do have one more question, in the same area (I've used up this area A LOT because other areas of my arms are either unhittable or just way too painful) the area has turned into a hard lump on half of it and now I'm starting to get little red spots surrounding the area (like small little pocadots that are really the size of a small freckle). They are all over the place and I'm clueless as to what they are. All the problems I'm starting to encounter from my IV use I'm about to just say the hell with it because I've gotten cellulitis 3 times, 1 abscess, the crooks of both my arms are done with and cause these sharp nerve pain if I even attempt to shoot in them, and other areas of my body just swell up very easily. I also have begun to bruise very easily.
I'm just gonna throw out all my needles and go oral for now on with my drugs of all types.
If you (or anyone else with an idea) could let me know that would be great! Thanks!

A petechia is a small (1–2 mm) red or purple spot on the skin, caused by a minor bleed (from broken capillary blood vessels). Petechia refers to one of the three descriptive types of bleeding into the skin differentiated by size, the other two being purpura and ecchymosis. Petechiae are by definition less than 3 mm.

Sorry I'm getting lazy and using wikipedia but it does sound like this could be what you described. BL frowns upon trying to diagnose a health condition but with localized trauma to your circulatory system this doesn't sound too far off. For some contrast, healthy people usually get Petechia from being strangled or choking so it's not a great sign but probably not permanent seeing as you are done with needles. Good choice ! Stick with it.

Damn.. that sucks.. I have tried shooting Adderall, a few times.. once it actually did work, leaving me feeling very wired, with even a slight rush too.. it was nice, but faded away very quick.. lasted maybe 1 hr tops.. I then tried, doing more and more.. and as I did more Adderall each time after that one good shot, I literally felt nothing! its so weird, how Adderall, is supposedly very soluble in water, and it is able to be prepped.. albeit not the easiest thing to prep for IV, but its doable.. yet, it doesn't provide the same feeling as sniffing it, or even orally taking it does! sniffing it works soo much better ime doing Adderall, oral, sniffed, plugged(which I have heard is great, but had no success with), and IV.. and I have to say imo, sniffing is the best of them all. not good for you, but it isn't as fickle as oral, with all the stomach acid issues, and how it will work well one day oral, then do jack shit the next, with the slightest little difference in the pH of your stomach contents..

I don't know.. I would definitely try not to slam it, and I am a total IV addict, will IV anything able to be done that way... and I found Adderall to be underwhelming IV, especially when I doubled my normal dose, did it IV, and felt truly like nothing happened... it sucked. Oral or intranasal is the way to go with Adderall, oral is better if it works for you.. but it doesn't for me, thus the only reason I sniff it.

And that little vein/artery map you posted above, Jekyl Anhydride... that's interesting! And also, AMAZING how somehow, I haven't ever really hit an artery! And I shoot in my hand/wrist quite a bit... I am going to go knock on wood now, because I just said that... lol.