• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

!! PLEASE READ !! Warping vision - strange natural hallucination?

Because you were ON DRUGS! You smoked a joint and snorted coke, that's pretty far from a natural hallucination. Also, the quality of your hallucination seems very drug induced. Having had natural hallucinations before, they are generally entirely different than that
VELOCITIZE
: to cause (an automobile driver) to misjudge or become unaware of true speed or to become drowsy as a result of prolonged traveling at a high speed (as on an open highway)

It's probably because the coke was cut with some RC like methylone or another 3,4 methylenedioxy chemical. It would probably have mild hallucinogenic effects. Your weakened state probably made it more pronounced, and the addition of smoking weed. I could be wrong, maybe it was pure coke but it wouldn't surprise me if it was cut with something like methylone.

Cocaine is going to be cut period. You can probably make an educated guess at what it was cut with by looking at the DEA website.

I have had that sort of Velocitization before through walking and suddenly stopping, though not as intense as the OP described, and I was completely sober.

I used to go for extremely long hikes in the woods where I would walk at a fast pace without stopping for sometimes as long as 2-4 hours in a really beautiful country setting.

I remember the last time that this happened I had been walking straight for about an hour without stopping and I suddenly stopped to look across a field at some mountains that were quite some distance away.

I felt this incredible rush and it looked as if the mountains were getting further and further away from me and it continued to happen for about 5 mins as I stared at them.

I knew it was natural at the time though it hasn't happened to me many times and just enjoyed it, however, I attributed it more to endorphins than the optical illusion but now I realize it was probably both.

We all know that runners high exists and can feel quite a bit like an opiate high, and I'd been walking for A LONG time so I definitely had a great runners high going on and that combined with suddenly stopping and looking at some far away mountains after walking straight for an hour gave me a pretty intense 5 minute experience.

I could only imagine that that, combined with a joint and a little coke wearing off, plus a hangover from a night of drinking and very little food and no water at all leading to hunger, weakness and dehydration like you said could lead to a pretty intense hallucination.

Sounds like yours was much more intense than mine, but still, that sounds possible to me.

I once had some ecstasy on a Friday night while out clubbing

Next night I have a few beers at a friends house and the blinds on the window start morphing/waving, was pretty cool

Could the joint not have brought back on some of the effects of the coke?

The human visual system is pretty weird. Even sober people who have never taken drugs will see illusions like the waterfall effect and eigengrau or phosphenes when they close their eyes.

It's nothing to be alarmed about. It can get more prevalent in states of intoxication, sleep deprivation, low blood sugar, or stress.