Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

PLeASE HELP with NALXONE IV PLEASE

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
PLEAse PLEEEEASE HERLP

MY FRIEND HAS OCVERDOSED OIN HEROIN MY BUDD YCARRIES NALXOONE vials BUT NEITHER OF US KNOW HOW TO IV PRPERLy PLEASE HELP NOW PLEASE

AMBULANC E IS ON THE WAY7 BUT WE DONT KNOW HWO TO IUV PROPERLY PLEASE WE JUUST NEED TO GET THIS INHGIM RIGHT NOW

From the FDA; Naloxone Hydrochloride Injection is available as a sterile solution for intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous administration in 1 mg/mL concentration.

H user, friends with IV H users, member of an HR forum - so why have you not used the forum for what it is actually for and learnt any basic HR where this is concerned?

I know exactly how this feels, very shitty indeed. I lost 2 mates now right infront of me. I do hope your friend is ok now. And you yourself are aswell as can be expected <3

Don't understand why OP wasn't phoning a fuckin ambulance instead of wasting time typing messages to a forum which might not even get answered.

Hope the guy is alright now, but seriously WTF?...

Don't understand why OP wasn't phoning a fuckin ambulance instead of wasting time typing messages to a forum which might not even get answered.

Hope the guy is alright now, but seriously WTF?...
I don't know whether it was true or not, but the OP did type "AMBULANC E IS ON THE WAY".

I'm planning to start a Sticky for Naloxone in response to this thread, so any help would be appreciated.

<3

I don't know whether it was true or not, but the OP did type "AMBULANC E IS ON THE WAY".

<3

Ah, so he did - my mistake. However, would the operator not have been able to offer advice, or at least put him in contact with someone who could?

The call would be classed as a red one call and the ambulance would arrive in under 8 minutes. Plus why have narcan if u don't know how to use it? Stick to CPR and if u don't know how to use narcan leave it to the professionals. CPR would keep him alive until the ambulance arrived. Anyone who uses heroin should learn CPR.

Sprout if u want to know about naloxone I'll dig out my jrcalc

The call would be classed as a red one call and the ambulance would arrive in under 8 minutes. Plus why have narcan if u don't know how to use it? Stick to CPR and if u don't know how to use narcan leave it to the professionals. CPR would keep him alive until the ambulance arrived. Anyone who uses heroin should learn CPR.

Well said Englandgz. CPR is definitely more useful than typing messages.

Does anyone know how the guy is?

The OP can be seen over in 'Support' moaning about how nobody on here helped him.

His friend is fine, or at least getting there. OP seems more concerned with belittling the shortcomings of BL.

The OP can be seen over in 'Support' moaning about how nobody on here helped him.

His friend is fine, or at least getting there. OP seems more concerned with belittling the shortcomings of BL.

Really? That's a bit rich seeing as he received a perfectly adequate response off Sprout in 5 minutes (might have been even quicker to Google ' how do I administer naloxone?' though)

Naloxone...
IV /IO administration

If there is no response after the initial dose repeat every 3 minutes to maximum dose until effect is noticed nb half life is short.
Dilute up to 800mcg in 8ml water total volume 10ml and administer slowly 1ml at a time. Titrate to response releasing respiratory depression but Maintain patient in a groggy state. Initial dose 400mcg dose every 3 minutes maximum dose 4400mcg.

IM administration.

Use when iv/IO route is unavailable. If no response after 3 minutes repeat up to maximum dose until effect is noticed.

Administering narcan via IM cam lead to tissue damage therefore divide dose where necessary and vary in, jection sites for repeated doses in buttocks, thigh or deltoid. Initial dose 400mcg repeat after 3 minutes up to 4400mcg

Thank you.
I only have experience being shot up personally, and given I was obviously unresponsive I have no idea what route was chosen in my case.

Given your occupation I'd be very interested to hear of your personal view, as someone on the front line will always know more than the guy reciting from the literature:
Is the recommended dose usually sufficient to counter respiratory depression induced solely by Opioids?
Is it also sufficient if the patient was concurrently ingesting other CNS depressants?

<3

I've never had to give more than 800mcg....usually 400mcg is sufficient.
I should add that while we dilute 800mcg (2ml)with 8ml of saline in order to titrate this is only for iv. For im you just use it as it comes which is 400mcg in 1ml. It's important to remember the half life of narcan is very short so dose may have to be repeated if patient falls back into respiratory depression.