• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Please help me taper off of phenibut.

alexvolume2

Bluelighter
Hey guys. I have been thinking about tapering off of phenibut lately. I feel my daily dosage of 5 grams for the better part of a year is going to be hard to quit without a slow, controlled taper. I built up to a dose of 5 grams each morning. My anxiety is controlled and I have quit drinking alcohol with the help of phenibut, but I fear that I've gotten myself into a dangerous situation. Of course it doesn't work like it used to either.

How much should I reduce my usage and at what intervals? How many hours does it generally take for WD's to set in. I'm kind of scared really since it works on GABA. Are seizures possible with abrupt cessation? I have withdrawn from a heavy benzo habit before as well as from alcohol and they were both truly hellish experiences. I have no insurance so I can't go to a doctor at the moment and I need to be able to function at work. I want to make it as painless as possible if possible.

I could really use some advice here guys and would appreciate it greatly. <3

Anyone at all??? I found a little info online but I thought i could find some help here....

5g is a lot. I would taper .5g each week, until you get 1000mg, then reduce 100mg per week, until you get to 100mg, then take 50mg per week, then 25mg. Seizures shouldnt be much of an issue, although I wouldnt rule them out if you jump from 5g a day. Wd usually kick in ~24 hours after last use.

-Hopeless Soul