View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Planning first mushroom trip

Antongrim69

Greenlighter
hope this is in the right place and written correctly for this section, I'm not asking for id of drugs or if I should take them. I'm planning on taking mushrooms for the first time soon, the guy I'm buying from says there " golden cap" mushrooms to be more specific. I was wondering if people experienced might be able to help with some advice for it, for example I was thinking of taking them at the beach in the afternoon and just walk around or lay on the sand . I want to take a small dose to start off with to see how sensitive I am to them 0.5 grams or 1.0 grams but ive also heard from people that the only bad times they've had were on doses below 1 grams and that it might bring anxiety and confusion. so if anyone could comment there opinion's of a beach setting and that dose range for a first time I would really appreciate the help.

Welcome to Bluelight!:)

I think that doses below 1 gram of dried mushrooms are very weak. The experience can be summed up easily as follows: I want and I can not.
If you want to have a first experience with dried mushrooms, I recommend you start with 2 grams. You will experience moderate psychedelic effects but it should not be overwhelming at all. I do not know the "golden-topped" mushrooms, but make sure they are Psylocibe Cubensis and not another strain like the Semilanceata since they are much more powerful.
2 grams of Cubensis is a standard dose, you will have visual effects such as changes in hue and tracers, with higher doses 4g + is another story.

Find a place where you feel comfortable, think that sometimes the presence of other people can be uncomfortable, especially if they are not known. I think the beach can be a good place as long as it's a quiet day and with clear skies. Personally I like the forest more because I can fall in love with the vast nature and navigate through its infinite forms. 8)

Have you thought about taking it day or night? Are you going to take it alone or accompanied? They are important aspects.

Finally, I recommend you to fast (at least 6-8 hours) and take the day off to devote to what you really want. Charge your phone with good music and get some good headphones, I think it is essential if you want to travel alone.
Mushrooms can be a very powerful experience, even 2 grams for someone without any tolerance to psychedelics can be revealing in many ways.

Be patient and act with care and moderation, let yourself be carried away by the experience and before a psoible situation of fear for what is happening I think that the best tool is to have an open mind.
Do you have access to any benzodiazepine? They are very useful to eliminate part of the body burden produced by the Psychedelics. 2.5mg-5mg of Diazepan 30 minutes before eating the magic mushrooms can help reduce anxiety and vasoconstriction.
A beer would also be helpful.

I hope you have a good trip. Here we are for what you need.

DocLad

Last edited:
I've had fairly potent golden caps and my favorite dose is 2-2.5 grams. Unless you have at least half an ounce of mushrooms taking below 2 grams is just gonna be a waste.

If you want to go for a meaningful experience you should take 2 grams. At this dose the experience is very controllable. I've had many high quality experiences at 2-2.5 gram doses, yet when the experience felt like it was getting out of control i could wrangle it back into a good place.

Welcome to Bluelight!:)

I think that doses below 1 gram of dried mushrooms are very weak. The experience can be summed up easily as follows: I want and I can not.
If you want to have a first experience with dried mushrooms, I recommend you start with 2 grams. You will experience moderate psychedelic effects but it should not be overwhelming at all. I do not know the "golden-topped" mushrooms, but make sure they are Psylocibe Cubensis and not another strain like the Semilanceata since they are much more powerful.
2 grams of Cubensis is a standard dose, you will have visual effects such as changes in hue and tracers, with higher doses 4g + is another story.

Find a place where you feel comfortable, think that sometimes the presence of other people can be uncomfortable, especially if they are not known. I think the beach can be a good place as long as it's a quiet day and with clear skies. Personally I like the forest more because I can fall in love with the vast nature and navigate through its infinite forms. 8)

Have you thought about taking it day or night? Are you going to take it alone or accompanied? They are important aspects.

Finally, I recommend you to fast (at least 6-8 hours) and take the day off to devote to what you really want. Charge your phone with good music and get some good headphones, I think it is essential if you want to travel alone.
Mushrooms can be a very powerful experience, even 2 grams for someone without any tolerance to psychedelics can be revealing in many ways.

Be patient and act with care and moderation, let yourself be carried away by the experience and before a psoible situation of fear for what is happening I think that the best tool is to have an open mind.
Do you have access to any benzodiazepine? They are very useful to eliminate part of the body burden produced by the Psychedelics. 2.5mg-5mg of Diazepan 30 minutes before eating the magic mushrooms can help reduce anxiety and vasoconstriction.
A beer would also be helpful.

I hope you have a good trip. Here we are for what you need.

DocLad
Thanks for the reply. I looked up online and it says the gold cap is another name for psylocibe cubensis. I was thinking of taking them in the afternoon maybe 5 0r 6 so I'm not up all night, I don't know if I should take them alone or with someone watching me. ill definitely fast and have some music and I would prefer the forest but because I live by the beach I felt the setting would be more familiar for me and wouldn't cause as much confusion. to be honest I'm not sure what benzos are , ive heard of them before but ive never really taken any pills. I was planning on having a few cigarettes on me because even though I don't smoke they tend to calm any anxiety for me right away. thanks for the advice

I've had fairly potent golden caps and my favorite dose is 2-2.5 grams. Unless you have at least half an ounce of mushrooms taking below 2 grams is just gonna be a waste.

If you want to go for a meaningful experience you should take 2 grams. At this dose the experience is very controllable. I've had many high quality experiences at 2-2.5 gram doses, yet when the experience felt like it was getting out of control i could wrangle it back into a good place.
I don't know how potent they are because three of my friends took an eight each, one passed out and felt only sedated, one had a good amount of visuals and the other one just felt stoned. I'm buying from that same guy this time so I'm hoping there potent enough, I'm buying an eighth also btw. is the 2-2.5 grams dose for dried mushrooms?

I found myself very lucky to have a single friend with me during my trip. I'm actually quite surprised he stayed with me as he didn't eat any and at the time we didn't know each other well. I felt a lot safer having somebody around who was clear minded and as I was coming down a person to relay my feelings to was really nice and made coping a lot easier. If you have a friend who is laid back and not busy it might be nice to have them join you. I wouldn't bring anybody that you felt wasn't there with your trip in mind.