• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Piracetam for BiPolar and other mental illness -- Miracle Cure?

I love the stuff. It did wonders for my final exams last semester, I was able to focus and work hard for long periods with above (my average) retention.

It also gives me a slight mood lift, although that could just as easily be placebo brought on by the concrete success this regimen has had on my studies.

I feel just as subtle and introverted as before I started taking it, so if has had any effect on my personality it has been excessive gloating over my grades:)

I am another huge proponent of piracetam (as any regular poster here probably knows). The last two years of college saw me slowly slipping into depression and anxiety, due to several factors. I was never diagnosed as anything, and I am sure I am not bipolar, but I was definitely depressed. Then I moved across the country after graduating, away from everyone I kew except my girlfriend who is now my fiance. It got even worse after that... every day was a struggle. I was simply not happy. The worst of it was that I felt that my creativity and imagination, which I have always considered my best qualities, were gone. Life was dull. My mental dialogue was pretty much gone... I would notice that I would be sitting there thinking of nothing except my anxiety loops.

I tried supplements to help me out. DMAE helped for a little while, but then I no longer noticed anything. Then I tried piracetam, and it was like my mind re-opened... I had my constant mental dialogue back. I felt inspired, quick, creative. It allowed me to get back to being myself. After that a series of trips on 2C-T-2 helped me to confront what was bothering me deep down and understand it so I could deal with it. But I kept taking piracetam afterwards, and I still love it. Of course I still get down sometimes, but it has been a lifesaver. I take a few other nootropics too, hydergine occasionally, and centrophenoxine to boost the piracetam, but piracetam is the staple.

I <3 piracetam also. And it's so cheap! Not to mention the plethora of almost shocking mental health benefits.

Tangalang said:
Have you ever considered ordering the bulk powder? I find it's much more economical than using the pills. You could either gelcap them, or mix them in something like water or orange juice. I personally find the orange juice a great mask of the horrid Piracetam taste.

Oh, happy first post me. I've been lurking for a while.. :)

Yes, please DO consider bulk powder. The cheapest source for nootropil pills I have seen has them at 39 cents a pill, which is around 47 cents a gram. If you buy 700 grams in bulk from a place easily found, it costs $20, which works out to around 3 cents a gram. HUGE difference as you can plainly see. :)

I personally have always enjoyed the 'racetam series of chemicals. I have taken piracetam for almost 5 years now (with occasional breaks) and frequently take aniracetam as well (usually 750mg / day, with 2400mg piracetam / day). Pramiracetam, however, was (by far) the best one I have ever tried. Its effects are apparent almost immediately and it is amazing at potentiating the effects of dextroamphetamine. The problem, of course, is that it is extremely rare and expensive.

Hygerine is my favorite nootropic overall. I do not take that one for periods longer than about 2 months, but when I do (especially the first few doses after a long break), it feels like a very low dose of LSD. No visuals, but a nice "mental unclouding" effect that facilitates new patterns of though and helps prevent einstellung (literally, German for "the mechanization of thought"...only the Germans could invent a term like that).

Last edited:
Riemann Zeta said:
I personally have always enjoyed the 'racetam series of chemicals. I have taken piracetam for almost 5 years now (with occasional breaks) and frequently take aniracetam as well (usually 750mg / day, with 2400mg piracetam / day). Pramiracetam, however, was (by far) the best one I have ever tried. Its effects are apparent almost immediately and it is amazing at potentiating the effects of dextroamphetamine. The problem, of course, is that it is extremely rare and expensive.

Hygerine is my favorite nootropic overall. I do not take that one for periods longer than about 2 months, but when I do (especially the first few doses after a long break), it feels like a very low dose of LSD. No visuals, but a nice "mental unclouding" effect that facilitates new patterns of though and helps prevent einstellung (literally, German for "the mechanization of thought"...only the Germans could invent a term like that).

I agree with your assessment of hydergine precisely. I took it for like a year straight at first, but it started to feel negative after a while, and over time I determined that taking it for a few weeks and then not for a few weeks is the best way. I love how it increases my word recall and word choice and mental dexterity... combined with piracetam it's pretty fantastic mental enhancement. I definitely feel that it and piracetam helped me awaken my mind to a new level and get rid of a lot of the inefficiency it had developed.

I'd love to get my hands on some pramiracetam, and some of the obscure ones whose names I can't remember.

yeah zeta you have prompted me to look for pramiracetam just to keep for novelty's sake once in the great while when I take amphetamine

piracetam is the perfect placebo drug. It'll do anything you want it to, and if someone doesn't know they're taking it it won't do anything at all.

I even had the good luck of discussing it with a couple of the 'big-names' in psychedelics when I happened to meet them, and they said the same thing. The consensus seemed to be that it was best used to "boost the trip" of someone who was impatient for a drug to kick in and wanted to redose.

Luckily for blue dolphin he is different and it cures his very dangerous mental disorder. <3

how do you account for the significant body of knowledge that suggests this is a useful chem for helping people with senility, etc

HottButtaz said:
piracetam is the perfect placebo drug. It'll do anything you want it to, and if someone doesn't know they're taking it it won't do anything at all.

I even had the good luck of discussing it with a couple of the 'big-names' in psychedelics when I happened to meet them, and they said the same thing. The consensus seemed to be that it was best used to "boost the trip" of someone who was impatient for a drug to kick in and wanted to redose.

Luckily for blue dolphin he is different and it cures his very dangerous mental disorder. <3
Is there any other absolute truth that you have for us while you're at it? You speak as if you're God's secretary.

Riemann Zeta said:
einstellung (literally, German for "the mechanization of thought"...only the Germans could invent a term like that).
umm… no. literrally it means in-putting. it could be translated as attitude, position or cessation. your translation would indeed be typical for the germans ;)

sorry for offtopic, keep this good thread growing

HottButtaz said:

True, maybe if somebody unknowingly ate a couple grams of Piracetam they might not know they were under the influence of a drug.

But they might also think, "I feel pretty good today".

I'm wondering, since Pramiracetam is available now.. this wasn't the case a few years ago.. how much better is this than Piracetam? Does it last longer? I'd love to hear some qualitative differences now that I guess people are starting to try this.

HottButtaz said:

google scholar piracetam, then shush.

HottButtaz said:

agreed, if it was "fun" id would be banned. if it was truly therapeutic, it'd be prescribed.

placebo imho.

quote as many research papers as you want, and i'll quote just as many saying it's all bolox.

christianh said:
agreed, if it was "fun" id would be banned. if it was truly therapeutic, it'd be prescribed.

kava kava is fun & not banned, LSD is therapeutic & not prescribed. what now?

the whole subtlety debate is kind of moot, because most SSRI / DARI function under the radar too. the fact that you don't notice effects after taking a single dose is not proof that the substance is inactive.

i think we've all done enough drugs to be able to differentiate placebo from something worth spending a bit of money on.

if you go back and read Cthulhu's post on the first page, that may suggest a reason as to why it's not commonly prescribed as a daily med.

Alice,
A google and/or google scholar search should provide your with all the info you need.

We're not here to spoon feed you, but if you do decided to try piractram please exercise extreme caution and make sure you let someone close to you know you will be taking it so they can help you out in the event that sometime happens.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=piracetam+bipolar&btnG=Search

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...ri&rls=en-us&pwst=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&oi=scholart

If you are trying low doses and it's not affecting you adversely but it isn't seeming to do anything beneficial either, consider that often an "attack dose" is recommended to begin with piracetam, a larger than normal dose in order to sort of brute-force your brain into recognizing piracetam's effects. Then once you've learned how to recognize them and utilize them, lower doses can be used to achieve the same effects. Just something to consider.

HottButtaz said:

Piracetam is approved as a drug in dozens of countries and used for over 30 years. Calling it a placebo is baseless.

christianh said:

placebo imho.

quote as many research papers as you want, and i'll quote just as many saying it's all bolox.

It is prescribed in many countries. Also many otc drugs and supplements that are fun are not banned.

Last edited by a moderator: