• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc piperine and/or black pepper tea? What things can it potentiate?

throatgorge

Bluelighter
This only comes up in regards to certain substances during searches, but I wonder if there can be a large database assembled of things that piperine might potentiate. First off, kratom, that's a known one. Then there's kava-- well, I actually came across an old kava post of my own where I mentioned that me and a friend tried some and waited for over an hour to feel anything-- but then the effects kicked in BIG TIME after we ate some chilli. Capsacin and piperine are different things, but my understanding is that they both effect the same enzyme that makes certain herbs much more powerful. Moreover, as kava is a plant with piperine type compounds, and since bioavailability is a huge issue with it, I suspect it might do the trick here. Now we come to the well known potentition of turmeric with piperine. This is said to increase curcumin's metabolism by 2000%! I wonder if it might work similarly with related plants, possibly making ginger psychoactive, or making galangal VERY potent? In any case, I think it is a good discussion to start.