• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pinpointed, itchy, sedated but not high?

Legally High

Bluelighter
I’ve been take large doses of kratom twice daily for a few weeks. I still get contricted pupils (which is the most obvious indicator for me because I’m on antidepressants and my my iris is usually nonexistent lol). However I don’t get a good feeling just sleepy like I want to get in bed. Like I’m nodding but there’s no pleasure. I’ve been constipated for a few days too trying to take care of that without going into withdrawal is annoying.

I’ve been take large doses of kratom twice daily for a few weeks. I still get contricted pupils (which is the most obvious indicator for me because I’m on antidepressants and my my iris is usually nonexistent lol). However I don’t get a good feeling just sleepy like I want to get in bed. Like I’m nodding but there’s no pleasure. I’ve been constipated for a few days too trying to take care of that without going into withdrawal is annoying.
What antidepressant are you taking?

I take Fluoxetine and it stops me getting any sort of high from Codeine whatsoever. :( I don't know much about Kratom, so I'm not saying that is the problem, just something that could possibly be contributing to your lack of a 'high'...

When I go on my Opioid binges, I get very bad constipation, so I usually take Laxido or something similar for a few days while I'm using. But never really for any longer than 3 days - by which time it should have loosened you up enough to be able to go to the toilet. Also, I don't think using laxatives/stool softeners too often can be any good for your bowels etc..

Yea Prozac too I was thinking that it might have something to do with it thanks! I’ll just quit the opiates hopefully won’t suck too bad since it’s kratom haha

This is fairly typical with tolerance to Opioids. Users tend to develop tolerance to different effects of the drug and different intervals. For instance, tolerance to the constipating effects of Opioids can be extremely gradual or even non-existent, while effects like euphoria/anxiolysis and as you've said, sedation, take longer to develop.

My tolerance to Kratom went up fairly quick. It also depends on the consistency of the product harvested. Extracts are what will make your tolerance sky rocket, at least for me it did.

I find it surprising that people get constipated on kratom, I have no problems with constipation and I throw back 8-12 grams a day. The ground leaf seems to have a lot of fiber in it and if you consume that strait with the toss and wash method it would cancel out the constipation of the opiate.

I don't experience any constipation with Kratom. But to the opiate naive it very well could. Ive abused every synthetic opiate to IV heroin before trying mitragynine

I take somewhere around 25 grams a day (I don’t keep track) usually in capsules. I’m going to save this stuff for when I’m sick or something, it’s doing more harm than good self medicated with it. (As is almost always the case)