pinched nerve in back

Eda907

Greenlighter
been to the chiropracter twice for a T5 pinched nerve. havent been able to work out for about a week and a half now, its still pinched just noticed today and also noticed gyno on my chest.. could the gyno be from not working out?? this is real frustrating to me

Ughhh. Injuries suck BIG TIME!

Don't have a clue on the gyno but I'm sure Victor will. I'm suspecting he'll want more information like stats and what you've been cycling. But for my part I just wanted to offer a few words of encouragement. Injuries do heal but you have to allow them to heal. Being too aggressive during the recovery just prolongs things. Like most tall guys, I have suffered from recurring back issues my entire adult life. What I have found to be the MOST beneficial is:

1. Rest.
2. Ice Packs.
3. Meds as necessary.
4. Slow.............. S L O W stretching.

Keep us posted will you?

pinched nerve at T5? which nerve? what are your symptoms?

the gynecomastia is a real concern. if you are a healthy adult male this is something that needs to be checked by a medical doctor.

its a nerve that goes from the middle of my back to my right shoulder blade.. its a pretty sharp pain when my arm moves in various directions, not so much when im standing still..

i started a 500 mg/week cycle of test C in the beggining of jan.. and since i havent worked out due to this injury i havent really kept up with my injections. i would do an injection every 3-4 days but since my injury i think i let at least a week go by.. could this be why the gyno is starting??

You have definitely over extended yourself at the gym, and while your back is like this you will be getting a build up of fluid in your back. I would take some anti inflammatory's to help ease the fluid. Also where the nerve is pinched, pressure needs to be put on it with a thumb or index finger until the pain releases. That is generally a good quick cure if it's not too badly effected.

The fact it has been like this for a week now will most likely mean you will have crossed ligaments as well, as that is generally what happens when something is left like this for a few days. A few days to a week is a long time to have a back out of place and damage does get caused by this.

I suggest you go back to your chiropractor and get them to manipulate your back more. It wont heal straight away either, but once it's properly manipulated it should come good within a couple days.

Or you could go and get a good massage as a massage can loosen it all up because it is basically a 'knot'

Make sure you go to a good place that knows what they're doing.

And make sure you take it easy at the gym, and use the proper technique and don't try to life too heavy of weights. If you can't do a proper rep without jerking yourself, then the weight is too heavy. You need to be able to train in a slow and controlled pace. i know this because i have done this to myself quite a few times :\

Good luck! You'll be right, you'll come good.

this didnt happen from the gym, i was wrestling one of my friends when we were drunk.. i actually pulled both my biceps and that went away in a couple days and then i noticed this shit in my back.. im going back to the chiropractor in a couple hours and hopefully this 3rd time is the charm. and ill start taking advil. thanks for the info fellas

you didn't pinch a nerve you pulled a muscle. take some ibuprofen.

yes, taking testosterone can cause gynocamastia. estrogen is made from testosterone, so too much testosterone will raise your estrogen too (which caused growth of breast tissue). also, too much testosterone will cause your body to make less of it naturally, so when you stop there will be too much estrogen and not enough testosterone.

high estrogen raises your chances of getting breast cancer (yes men can get that too).

The gyno is not from not working out its from using testosterone. Get yourself an AI quickly...

i havent been able to workout for almost 2 weeks now.. so im already on my estrogen blocker and ima just start up the cycle later.. i have to go to jail for 3 weeks anyway on feb. 8 so i decided to quit my cycle and start up later.

onmyway.. i know for a fact its a pinched nerve ive been to the chiropractor 3 times now, i know what a pulled muscle is and its definatley not a pulled muscle

accupuncture and massage will sort that shit out. if you're on a budget, use a tennis ball against a wall to massage the knot 2-3 times a day. lean right into it, as much pressure as you can handle and roll it around the knot SLOWLY, then hold it right on top of the knot for at least 30 seconds until you feel the pain start to release.
if you don't notice it start to get better after 4-5 days, it's probably because the pain is being referred there from another knot (probably in your shoulder) find a copy of 'The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook' by Clair Davies. pm me if you can't find it, I have a pdf copy.