• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenylpiracetam and Benzodiazepine interaction

ish675

Bluelighter
After hours of Google research, I could find nothing. I recently purchased some phenylpiracetam from an online supplier. I also have a prescription for Xanax and Atavan. The first time I took the phenylpiracetam (we will call it PR for short) I took my a small dose of xanax ( .5 mg) and 450 mg of PR. I normally "feel" a dose of xanax that low, but don't get any "high" that is the dose I take for anxiety. The PR was nice, very stimulating, but I didn't notice any interactions with the benzos.

Skip to day 3, I thought my first dose of 450mg PR was too much, so I took 80 mg. I decided that I wanted to have a "bar day' and took 4 mg's of xanax too. I felt the wash of anxiety relief from them, but none of the "sloppy" or amnesiac effects. Being the dumb ass that I am, over the next 2 or so hours I washed down 10 more bars (24 mg total) and felt nothing. It's worth mentioning that at that dose I tend to black out completely, and not remember anything at all. Not only did that not happen I felt No Effects other than the anxiety relief.

So my question is this. WHY? And could a small dose of PR reduce, or outright remove, some of the nasty side effects of benzodiazepines?

I wouldnt imagine it would stop those effects from occurring, i would say that your tolerance is just higher than you thought. How often do you have "bar days"?

Maybe once a week, if that. I take around 1 mg a day prescribed otherwise. I would normally agree, but I didn't take the phenylpiracetam (PR for short) for 2 days now and I took 3 bars, just to test what happens, and I'm "whumped" 12-16 mg of xanax and I'm running naked down the street, much less 24. with a small dose of PR had to have an effect. I watched a few episodes of my favorite show and remember everything. I am a heroin addict and have had issues with benzos (and everything else), so I know what tolerance feels like, and it's definitely not it.

Well then you know yourself much better than i do, so i would say that youre right! PR must have some impact on the effects of xanax. If you could do a trip report describing this connection sometime, that would be great

After hours of Google research, I could find nothing. I recently purchased some phenylpiracetam from an online supplier. I also have a prescription for Xanax and Atavan. The first time I took the phenylpiracetam (we will call it PR for short) I took my a small dose of xanax ( .5 mg) and 450 mg of PR. I normally "feel" a dose of xanax that low, but don't get any "high" that is the dose I take for anxiety. The PR was nice, very stimulating, but I didn't notice any interactions with the benzos.

Skip to day 3, I thought my first dose of 450mg PR was too much, so I took 80 mg. I decided that I wanted to have a "bar day' and took 4 mg's of xanax too. I felt the wash of anxiety relief from them, but none of the "sloppy" or amnesiac effects. Being the dumb ass that I am, over the next 2 or so hours I washed down 10 more bars (24 mg total) and felt nothing. It's worth mentioning that at that dose I tend to black out completely, and not remember anything at all. Not only did that not happen I felt No Effects other than the anxiety relief.

So my question is this. WHY? And could a small dose of PR reduce, or outright remove, some of the nasty side effects of benzodiazepines?

Sory for the "bump" but I was researching if there was any interaction between phenylpiracetam (PR) and benzodiazepins (xanax specificall). Have you or anyone else notice phenypiracetam interacting with xanax (or any benzo) like the OP said? So it sounds like from "ish675" (the OP) is saying PR takes away some of the effects of xanax or at least lessens them, especially the sleepy and amnesic (forgetting thing/black-out mode) properties of xanax? Buy yet still relieves anxiety? I would just think if PR blocks many of the effects of xanax like ish675 is saying that it would maybe just making the xanax "less effective" somehow?