• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenobarbital for opiate withdrawal

Shant

Bluelighter
Doctors are loathe to prescribe this stuff now for some reasons unless it's being used to control seizures. I inducted suboxone today. It's 4:55am as I post this. I haven't eaten or slept a wink. I'm thinking of calling my doc tomorrow and tell him that I'm in PWD again and I don't want to relapse. I want to convince him to give me a 3 day supply of benzos, muscle relaxers (Baclofen seems to be the best choice) for the muscle spasms, and the phenobarbital for (a chance at) sleeping.

1- Does phenobarbital really help when you're kicking? IS there something better out there?
2- What approach should I take to convince the doc to write all the scripts...especially the Pheno? Thanks,

Shant

Doctors are loathe to prescribe this stuff now for some reasons unless it's being used to control seizures. I inducted suboxone today. It's 4:55am as I post this. I haven't eaten or slept a wink. I'm thinking of calling my doc tomorrow and tell him that I'm in PWD again and I don't want to relapse. I want to convince him to give me a 3 day supply of benzos, muscle relaxers (Baclofen seems to be the best choice) for the muscle spasms, and the phenobarbital for (a chance at) sleeping.

1- Does phenobarbital really help when you're kicking? IS there something better out there?
2- What approach should I take to convince the doc to write all the scripts...especially the Pheno? Thanks,

Shant

Baclofen isn't as good as somas somas are far superior

And yes phenobarbital will prally help with opiate withdrawal as its a barbiturate with a very long lasting half life

Be careful I heard from a friend who used to take benzos and barbiturates together and they react VERY STRONG TOGETHER. Like tiny amount together knocks u out cold

Baclofen isn't as good as somas somas are far superior

And yes phenobarbital will prally help with opiate withdrawal as its a barbiturate with a very long lasting half life

You were absolutely right about the baclofen brother. Weak ass shit. Even at 60mg which is a lot for one dose. I'm not willing to try more than that. But for whatever reason somas don't do shit to me anymore. I always take 2 at a time. I didn't think you'd get a tolerance to em. Maybe it's all the other meds masking its effects. Not sure. The doc reccomended flexeril. Wish I'd listened to him. Thanks for the response.

Be careful I heard from a friend who used to take benzos and barbiturates together and they react VERY STRONG TOGETHER. Like tiny amount together knocks u out cold

Good to know, but he wasn't about to give me the pheno. No benzos either. Not even just for a 3 day supply. All he'd give me was a muscle relaxer of my choice, and I chose wrong. Anyhow, the gabapentin did help quite a bit. Thanks again

Soma (carisoprodol) is much better than baclofen, I stopped taking it a few days ago, I took it for 2 weeks and it really helped me with some of the withdrawal symptoms.

I would not use phenobarbital, instead I would use diazepam (safer) here where I live phenobarbital is very cheap and I can get it without a prescription, but it is unpleasant, diazepam and carisoprodol helped me a lot the first 2 weeks of WDs (I have been taking benzos for 4 years )

Soma (carisoprodol) is much better than baclofen, I stopped taking it a few days ago, I took it for 2 weeks and it really helped me with some of the withdrawal symptoms.

I would not use phenobarbital, instead I would use diazepam (safer) here where I live phenobarbital is very cheap and I can get it without a prescription, but it is unpleasant, diazepam and carisoprodol helped me a lot the first 2 weeks of WDs (I have been taking benzos for 4 years )

Valiums are rare for some reason. I believe they have a low seizure threshold but don’t quote me on that. But I’m sure 1mg of Xanax and somas would do the trick. I took 4mg of klonopin and 2 somas last night (on top of Ambien & weed). That was enough for me to get 3 hours of sleep.

Nope. I’m back to suboxone. 8mg stable. Sleep never comes easy during this phase for some reason. Maybe in a few months?

Just kinda curious where it is you live that you can get the pheno without a script?

you can get the pheno without a script?
Probably South America - Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, etc.
exactly, I live in Argentina, you can buy phenobarbital at vets here, and other things. It is like a kind of "gray area" because they are for use on animals, they do not sell it to you without a prescription at a pharmacy.
Anyway, I would like to clarify that I am not sure if in the whole country you can buy those meds without a prescription.