• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut?

Melancholy Hill

Bluelighter
I have a few questions regarding Phenibut:

1. How well does this work compared the other benzos? (I am prescribed Xanax for anxiety and insomnia but would like to get off of this fairly soon. Would Phenibut be an effective replacement?
2. From the research I have done, Phenibut is marketed as a dietary supplement. So would I purchase this from say, a nutritional supplement/vitamin store or would it be better to find a legit vendor online to place an order?
3. Last but not least - is Phenibut cross-tolerant to other benzos?

Thanks for the help!

Well, first of all Phenibut is NOT a benzodiazepine. It's a gaba b agonist, only hits gaba a (like benzos) at high dose.

Phenibut at doses of 500mg to 2grams feels like a cross between low dose of alcohol and mild benzo feeling. A high dose of 2.5grams to 3.5 grams feels similar to a low dose of an empathogen(if you smoke green on it). I have anxiety issues and my work week looks like this...Monday..... benzo mid afternoon Tuesday.....2 grams of phenibut at 9am. No benzo all day. Wed.....either nothing to help or kava kava powder(midly effective) Thurs...Benzo mid afternoon Fri....3gram phenibut at 9am and more after work. This gets me through the week without getting hooked on benzos and my anxiety is controlled. On the weekends I "party" with opioids and only take them on weekends.