• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Phenibut, pissing dark orange crystals, need to get off ASAP.

phillycheese93

Greenlighter
So I've been taking phenibut for 6 months now, been addicted to it a few times. But now it seems like I'm really addicted to it. Ever since I upped my dosage 2 weeks ago from 1.5 grams a day to 3 grams a day (1.5 grams twice a day), I have been very exhausted and feeling dehydrated. I had no idea phenibut would do this 8(

The day before yesterday, after a night of drinking (13-15 shots), I pissed in a cup, the next morning I dumped out the piss to find a good amount of dark orange crystals stuck to the inside of the cup.

This naturally freaked me out, so I googled "crystals in urine" and found this has to do with the kidneys not being able to process certain substances or medications. Not sure if this is similar to kidney stones, but it burns when I pee and my urethra has pain (not too bad at the moment, but still concerning).

Now I really really need to get off this stuff and I don't know how to do it. The withdrawals from this stuff makes me straight up delusional. I have a job interview on Monday and will ask for 2-3 weeks to get myself situated in city where I would work. I will have to get off phenibut during these three weeks if I am hired.

Any suggestions? The reason for taking phenibut in the first place is because I have a very rare ear condition that causes a lot of pain, and unfortunately, the withdrawals make the pain even worse. I have 5 mg valium prescribed 2-3x a day for this condition. There is no cure for this ear condition except more drugs. It is made worse by stress and OCD, both which the withdrawals exacerbate. (I can't take opiates, ex-heroin addict).

Should I ask for baclofen or gabapentin? Or will that just prolong the withdrawals? Please help. I don't know what to do, but I can't keep taking phenibut anymore.

I'm not too familiar with Phenibut, but there several people on this board who are well educated on the matter through first-hand experience. I only have a couple of experiences with it, not consistent use.

Because of the severity of the withdrawal, a lot of people choose to taper. People also use benzos, gabapentin or lyrics as a (powerful) withdrawal aid. It should be noted that using these aids is addicting and carriers its own risk of physical/mental addiction. Gabaeretic drugs are best tapered off rather than quit cold turkey.

Stay strong and know that you can do this. A person better educated than me will help with the nitty gritty of it..

Really my only choice right now would be gabapentin or baclofen because they are not controlled substances...but I don't know if I would get addicted to that. From what I understand, bacelofen in the short term just to get rid of the withdrawal would be ok. But I don't see how it wouldn't prolong the withdrawals. Seems like you are just replacing one drug for another that also works on GABA-B.

I don't really know much on this type of problem but It kinda sounds like something you should see a doctor for.

Yeah that sounds like you should see a doctor.

Although I feel sorry for you regarding your situation it just seems NO ONE realizes it is simply NEVER OK to take Phenibut daily!!!

From everything I read Phenibut can't be used more than twice a week without causing SERIOUS problems yet people just go ahead and take as much as they want every single day and then when really bad things happen they wonder why.

I have some and I have only tried it twice and plan a 3rd time this weekend but this stuff is CLEARLY HEAVY SHIT if you get addicted.

People need to be made aware that you WILL have problems if you take it more than twice a week.

I wish you luck and really hope everything turns out ok but I'd go see a doctor ASAP.

Im very, very familiar with this situation. I've never pissed crystals, but phenibut has got me before.

I was on it daily for 9 months. The withdrawals that i experienced trying to go cold turky was what i can only imagine hell to be like.

You need to taper. Theres really no other way. I made it three days cold turky and I was legetimitaly contemplating offing myself. If you go cold turky I highly suggest getting some gabapentin, I've never used it but I've heard from multiple sources that it's the best way. You want to start at a high dose, and taper the gabapentin throughout a week until youre taking nothing.

If you taper, i suggest a slow one. Take your time. I took two months, knocking off 50-100mg every few days. At my peak i was taking 3.5g a day. I also suggest you go buy a pound of high quality kava kava. That helped me a bunch when I finally jumped off the phenibut. I jumped off at 300mg with relatively few problems. Just some broken sleep.

You may be able to taper faster, or you may need to go slower. Just feel it out. But definitely taper. Sunday will be 3 weeks off phenibut for me. I'm feeling fine at this point.

I would definitely go see a doctor about your kidneys though. To be on the safe side.

If you need any advice you can hit me up and I'd be glad to help. Or go through one of the like 8 topics I made about phenibut withdrawal on here when I was tapering. Lol. Either way, I wish you luck bro. Ill never touch that shit again.

This could be kidney stones. Even taking a multivitamin makes me piss really yellow/orange. But one time I pissed that colour plus had really bad pain in my crotch and abdomen, they hooked me to a hydromorphone machine where I could inject at will 2mg, well at will, every 20 minutes the lock would lock out. They gave me a funnel with a with a small metal thing in it, kinda the same stuff one would use as a "filter" for a weed pipe, but sturdier. I managed to piss a couple and I was sent to a CT with iodine contrast scan and they found out something weird on my liver....turned out to be nothing, but they kept me another day where I could get high on dilaudid, they even raised the dosage to 8mg per shot, cos I still had bad pain. Turns out my kidney are full of tiny stones, there's a way to get em all out but I won't do it, involves getting a tube inserted in your dick and being given "water pills" so I would pee like crazy. I said no thanks, I'll come back if big ones want to give me trouble again.

Taper off SUPER slow if ur at 3g now 2.5mg for week then 2g week then 1.5g for a week slowly, if u drop off 3g suddenly all hell will break loose mentally (been there done that) horrible. Kidney function test wouldnt be a bad idea see a doc

I already dropped down to 2 grams yesterday and it's looking like 1 gram today. I just didn't do anything all day. No exposure to stress really helps. Meditating also helped a lot. Literally just sat around all day lol. Sometimes I would get a little delusional in my thinking process but I also have OCD. Maybe the valium I'm prescribed helps.

I'm just wondering, if I go down to 1 gram, and I have a job interview on Monday and would like to take 2 grams, would that compromise my tapering? Would I have to start all over at 2 grams again? I plan on dropping down to 250 mg by Thursday once I see my psychiatrist and will ask for gabapentin.

I would like to taper slower but this pain and peeing orange crystals is not cool so I want to get off ASAP.