• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc (Phenibut) Panic Attack on Phenibut Come Up?

Cudi

Bluelighter
It lasts only briefly and has happened to me twice now, typically with dosages of 1500-2000mg. It felt very similar to a cannabis panic attack, which I find to be very odd. The other day, I took some around 7am after having been awake already for 15 hours, in an attempt to stay awake all day if I mixed it with caffeine and fought the sedation. Around 8:30am, I became extremely tired and needed to sleep. About 9:30am, I jolt awake in a panic as I now feel the full blown effects of phenibut kicking in. Extreme anxiety, sense of impending doom, rapid heart rate, and cannot stay still due to panic. This lasted about 2 minutes until I got up for a little bit and then went back to sleep until 8pm that night. Very strange and I have never heard of anyone else having this sort of experience. I only hear about people using it to prevent panic attacks rather than induce them.

No, it doesn't sound typical, though it doesn't necessarily imply it's caused by the phenibut, which as you say is only just kicking in at that point, but rather by the sudden surge of NE as you jolt awake, which is a pretty common trigger for panic, especially when otherwise tired or sleeping at the wrong times.

Other known triggers of panic attacks include high carbon dioxide levels in the room (ie, lack of fresh air) and low blood sugar levels.

I?ve never had that happen, but my guess is the 15 hours away may have played a roll. I wouldn?t be surprised if my body reacted crazy to Phenibut if I had been awake that long.

I will say that sometimes I?ll jolt awake but it?s not panicky and I can go back to sleep easy.

Now, talking about 2-3 days after Phenibut dose and the panic is real.

Around 8:30am, I became extremely tired and needed to sleep. About 9:30am, I jolt awake in a panic as I now feel the full blown effects of phenibut kicking in. Extreme anxiety, sense of impending doom, rapid heart rate, and cannot stay still due to panic. This lasted about 2 minutes until I got up for a little bit and then went back to sleep until 8pm that night.

Phenibut has some kind of strange effect on sleep which has similarities to sleep paralysis. It can make me suddenly jolt awake with hypnagogic jerks and brain zaps as I started drifting into the sleep state. Sleep paralysis in and of itself can be a very panic stricken state for many people. I've entured that state in a kind of loop on mushrooms, and it was very bizarre and alarming. Throw in some sleep dep and you've got a recipe for what happened to you.