• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut for anxiety?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I don't know if its the pandemic, however my anxiety has been quite bad lately :/ It's never been this bad--and I was wondering how phenibut would help ease some of that social anxiety, or how addicting it can be. Thoughts? I'm trying to kick an opioids relapse (might as well be honest on here). Not a strong withdrawal, but long lasting. Things are returning here and the people are out-and-about running to shows and restaurants again. It makes me happy, but I do not feel entirely ready to do the same due to my anxious feelings as of late. Who I've been this past year has taken a bit out of me.

It would probably help with your anxiety no doubt. You know what they say about phenibut though... don't take it more than twice a week or things could get ugly.

I think a phenibut overdose is worse than a phenibut tolerance. Phenibut overdose is the only drug I'm aware of with severe migraine, light sensitivity, and vomiting as an overdose symptom. Miserable.

I have quite an overall negative view on phenibut due to some significant overdoses and my inability to use it properly, however, some can.

I think used in specific scenarios, dosed beforehand properly, it can be quite effective for things like social anxiety. I used it to good effect at a job interview once.

However, it's really easy to overdo and/or become addicted to and the withdrawals are way worse than the benefit it gives.

I think it can be useful in very specific scenarios but overall not a drug I would recommend.