• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut - 10 Years Experience - A Comprehensive Long-Term Synopsis and Usage Guide

I am wondering if I just need to reduce my dose. Lately whenever I use it, I get some of the overdose feeling and it is nowhere near as nice as it has always been. I am wondering, suddenly, if perhaps I have just grown more sensitive to it than I have ever been, and need to dose a good bit lower? I am used to taking 1.5g, maybe it's just too much now. Next time I try it, I'll try taking just 500mg.

I started using it in 2012, and there was a distinct shift in 2018 or so where I realized I needed to massively lower my dosage. Now, 300mg more than gets me to where I need.

I used to use 80mg for sleep. Eventually, I bumped to 200mg. Stayed there for a long time. Lately, I've been using around 550mg of the FAA (which is less potent.) I could probably drop my dose again, but this seems to work well for me.

When I first started, 600mg would make me woozy and nauseated. I can take 600mg now, since I used GHB several nights a week to sleep for a couple years. GHB stopped working well when my tolerance crept up, so I discontinued it. 600mg of phenibut makes it a little hard to get going the following morning.

I've never tried taking a gram. I'm pretty sure I would get really nauseated based on my one experience at that dose. Also, I've noticed that I get less sedation and more paradoxical euphoria as the dose goes up, which isn't good for sleep.

__

Is this thread a trip report anymore? Or is it really a Big & Dandy?

Lately, I've been using around 550mg of the FAA (which is less potent.)

Everything I have ever heard or read says that the FAA is more potent. That's what I always thought.

I can't imagine getting an effect from 80mg of phenibut. But I definitely have seen a very wide range of dosages that people take. It seems to affect people much differently. I believe in Russia, where it is prescribed for PTSD and other conditions, it is dosed between 500 and 2000mg per day, usually 3 times per day

It's a big and dandy really, lol. But also a trip report. More of a usage guide actually so I'm pleased it's generated this amount of discussion.

Oops, yeah, you're right!

80mg is a tiny dose, but it worked. Maybe it was placebo? Took forever to kick in. With a higher dose, it kicks in faster but overstays its welcome the following day.

Possibly placebo, I'm not sure. Especially if you just used for sleep, maybe you just fell asleep that night easier, either coincidentally, or because of expectation that you would. Or maybe it did work... I know that I can take a very small dose of etizolam and if I lay down to try to sleep, I will generally go right under within 10-15 minutes, even with 0.5 or even sometimes 0.25mg. Even though those doses basically don't feel like anything if I stay awake

I'm curious, how long does it last for you, and how long does it take to come on? I ask because I have talked to people who say it comes on much faster than it does for me, and is very GHB like.

Sorry for the late reply, i haven't been on forums lately. About duration .. this is a hard one to answer since i rarely take it alone nowadays, but in general i'd say whole day and then good sleep. Of course that is at dosage 3.5grams.

I've always thought it was 3 hours to peak, but with more drug experience i notice a shift within less than an hour. At 2 hours, maybe 2.5h i would consider to be actually peaking.

On a side note, as weird (and immoral) as it might sound, i enjoy doing blood donations - not because of some happy-human-loving feeling, but rather the lack of blood somehow makes it euphoric. I had taken 4gr of phenibut at evening (as not to take benzos which i was addicted to back then), slept nicely and woke up still high, did the donation then went for my usual drive around the towns and country side, enjoying scenery and music. I have to say the combination is completely unparallaled with any GABAergic drugs i've taken before.

Sure wish I had tried amphetamines with phenibut back in the day when I could do 2g of phenibut with zero side effects, thinking this would last forever. That said, 2g of phenibut taken as I open my eyes in the morning, going back to bed for a couple of hours and then a 200mg of caffeine tablet downed with a Monster Zero consistently made me the personI want to be all the time. I could literally go into the most challenging social situation for me (being around in-laws who I deeply dislike and resent) and be a downright nice guy, virtually incapable of negative thought, much less expressing such.

As I detailed some time back in this thread, suddenly out of nowhere one day I dosed about 2g and several hrs later, I had a crushing headache with extreme dizziness. Didn't take any for 3 months, next dose, same thing. Took a year off, tried again with 1.5g, same thing. Waited six months and about 6 weeks ago I dosed 1g, had no headache or dizziness but pleasurable effects were virtually nil.

I never abused phenibut and in all the dozens of doses I took, never once did so any more often that weekly, and those were rare. Just don't know what happened but would give anything to have this as the life0changing crutch I need in challenging social situatoins or public speaking engagements.

@Xorkoth I know you know my situation but if you ever have advice or have heard of something that helps, please let me know. And if its relevant, I've only ever taken ND phenibut.
Okay, time to update with a surprising development.

After having virtually given up on Phenibut, two Sundays ago I was going to be in a challenging situation (having to do a public speaking engagement) and took 1.25g Phenibut and 1g lions mane mushroom 2-1/2 hrs before I was scheduled to speak. About 30 mins before I went on, I took 300mg of caffeine in tablet form. I had slept wonderfully the night before.

What followed ended up being what I'd call my singular breakthrough on Phenibut: just absolutely phenomenal speaking ability with zero nervousness, natural conversation and empathy, genuine interest in others, etc. As I've described before, the best way for me to characterize it is that I became the person I know I am and want to be.

Afterward, my wife and I went out with another couple and I suddenly had the nervous though that I was talking waaaay too much and being obnoxious so excused myself, went to the restroom and texted my wife my concern. She response with something to the effect of "not even a little bit, you're on fire today!"

I experienced literally 30 hrs of pin-you-to-your-seat with shit-eating grin euphoria and deep, restful sleep. I had cocktails about 10 hrs after dosing and sipped them very carefully and never got drunk, only less inhibited, zero dizziness, no headache, woke up the next morning feeling like a million bucks!

Makes zero sense! I can't find any rhyme or reason to this but am going to try again in one week and see what happens!

I haven't gotten the phenibut magic in quite a while, but when it's good, it's just like you describe. I am absolutely on fire, magnetic in my social energy, confidence, and speaking ability, and feel just wonderful, it's among the most comfortable and productive states of alteration I can think of. Like you said, it feels less like intoxication and more like I remember how to be the ideal version of myself. I used to get it every time, nowadays, I can't seem to find it anymore, sadly. I tend to get a better response from gabapentin these days, so I rarely use phenibut. But when I had shifted into phenibut usually not producing the magic anymore, but I hadn't stopped generally using it yet, I would still get it occasionally. I wonder what the deal with that is? I wish I could figure that out.

Used phenibut to help get off pregabalin ended up sleeping standing up in the bathroom and my wife thinking i was having a wank was also doing diazepam but not a lot 20 mg . First time i did it felt like a pregab buzz thought more is better and no lie must have puked all through the night

Haha yeah, more is definitely not better. But I do find similarities to pregabalin, but it's also quite different. Unless you take too much, it is not really intoxicating or as mind altering. It produces almost a state of "super sobriety" but with a marked loss of inhibitions. But not a loss in higher thought or executive functioning, nor uncoordination. Pregabalin makes me high as fuck... I would not operate a vehicle or trust myself to not be clumsy. Whereas phenibut, when dosed correctly, allows me to live my normal life and go about my day, except with an underlying, glowing euphoria and confidence in myself, and a strong urge to communicate with people. It makes me super productive at work and I look back at the end of the day and realize I had a fantastic day. It shares one mechanism of action with pregabalin (and gabapentin), but is also a GABA-B agonist like baclofen. It is far more recreational than baclofen, but somewhat less recreational than pregabalin.

Interesting thing, although baclofen is much less potent in blocking VGCC (VDCC) it's still clearly noticable in doses 50mg+ if you're well versed in both drugs and know what to look for!

Interesting thing, although baclofen is much less potent in blocking VGCC (VDCC) it's still clearly noticable in doses 50mg+ if you're well versed in both drugs and know what to look for!

Baclofen is has far, far higher affinity for GABA-B than phenibut does, which is what you're feeling with baclofen. It is a very weak VDCC, which probably contributes a little something to the effects, but the GABA-B agonism is by far the primary mode of action. Whereas phenibut has both quite strongly, even though it is far less potent by the milligram.

I know that very well, but it has the same kind of pro-sexual effects just like phenibut does, albeit to a lesser degree (and again, if you know what you're looking for). GABA-B a affinity would not display this and other effect of the phenibut., because by that mode of action it's basically just a muscle relaxer. With all my experience i know what i felt when i was taking it time and time again.

You guys should try pyrazolam (benzo derivative) or pagoclone (z-drug derivative). They are very clear-headed, functional and sober anxiolytics, not drunk-like such as phenibut. And combined with a stimulant they're great for social occasions and absolutely undetectable. Highly recommended.
Whats a good source for pyrazolam in the U.S ??

So far have had very good experience with Phenibut and does not seem to be addictive. Girl I know loves the Benzos ie ZANI BARS ( Xanax)....they seem to be so popular still and Yeah one thing I do remember vividly they do lower inhibitions big time and those meds are very, very, very addictive. Guess better something works more it gets used or promoted?

So far have had very good experience with Phenibut and does not seem to be addictive. Girl I know loves the Benzos ie ZANI BARS ( Xanax)....they seem to be so popular still and Yeah one thing I do remember vividly they do lower inhibitions big time and those meds are very, very, very addictive. Guess better something works more it gets used or promoted?

It is definitely addictive, watch out. If you use it daily, you will become physically dependent, if you do it daily for long enough. If you do it near-daily you will also get addicted, but it will take longer.

Guess better something works more it gets used or promoted?
I see an issue that bars have changed at street level so what is "working" now is not what was working say years ago (when bars were alprazolam).
A little confused of the post was it about xanax or phenibut?

I see an issue that bars have changed at street level so what is "working" now is not what was working say years ago (when bars were alprazolam).
A little confused of the post was it about xanax or phenibut?
Yeah I remember using in late 90s and early 2000's even had name imprinted on the bars. White and seemed to really have an effect. What I meant was I can see XANAX or technical name Alprazolam really being addictive but been using 1000mg 2x daily of Phenibut then stopped for 2 weeks then using again. I do notice under stressful situations it really calms you down. Seems to take the anxiety away and awesome. Wonder if works in the body on same mechanism's of brain >>>? Just know I can stop when ever. Guess for those who really need em daily better load up because may not be around forever? ;):hehe:

Phenibut does not work in the same receptors at all. it is a ligand of voltage-gated calcium ion channels, like gabapentin and pregabalin, which basically causes more of various neurotransmitters to remain in the synapse in greater amounts. It i also a GABA-B agonist, like GHB or baclofen. Whereas benzos like alprazolam are positive allosteric modulators of GABA-A.

Phenibut is addictive, physically and mentally. I strongly recommend not using it any 2 consecutive days. leave at least 1 day between dosages, or if you take it multiple days in a row, don't do it often and always leave as many days as you did it in a row, between your next dose (ie, if you took it 3 days in a row, take 3 days off). You can get away with dosing it daily for a while, but that will change, and once you've gotten addicted to it, it will get easier and easier to get addicted to it again in the future. It has pretty bad withdrawals, though it lasts so long that it is easier to taper than most things.

It is very good for anxiety, but in a different way than benzos entirely. In Russia, where it is a prescription drug, it is prescribed for social anxiety and PTSD. Phenibut gives you confidence and makes you have a good day and feel at ease, without turning you stupid and only half awake, and it doesn't produce amnesia. Benzos make you feel less aware and you tend to think you're a lot less intoxicated than you really are, and produce a lot of amnesia. I prefer phenibut by a huge margin, as a recreational drug. But benzos also take effect quickly and will stop anxiety no matter what... they basically short circuit your brain and you are unable to feel anxiety. Whereas phenibut does not do that, it would be a poor choice for an anxiety attack because it takes a long time to take effect. You can still feel anxiety on phenibut, you're just less likely to because it makes you feel good and confident.