• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenergan - IM vs Oral vs IV

n777ua

Greenlighter
I’ve been given phenergan IV in a hospital setting, and it provides profound sedation, and a wonderful anti-anxiety effect. I also have prescriptions for phenergan at home via oral and IM route, in which I get none of these effects. In fact, via oral route it doesn’t seem I’ve taken the drug at all. Via IM, it just burns and I don’t get any beneficial effect. What’s the difference between getting phenergan in the hospital setting vs at home, and where should I inject the phenergan at home to get the sedation, relaxing effect ? Thanks.

It's dangerous iv and Im unless diluted properly and done in hospital setting. It can be done but complications aren't unheard of.

Ok, thanks. It’s very frustrating I’m not getting the same results as I was in the hospital.

Are you sure it was just promethazine? Usually first generation antihistamines are given with opioid's to increase pain relief and to lessen side effects sucheck as naseau and histamine release.

Al la cyclimorph (cyclizine/morphine combination )

Cyclizine is the only antihistamine I would bother injecting on its own and even at that I would never do it again unless it was ampoules not the tablets of cyclizine hcl that is barely water soluble.
Cyclizine citrate is also water soluble at 50-100mg/ml is anyone is interested.

Perhaps you experienced relief because you actually were in need of the medicine??